Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
    Trump has no ideology/direction. He has some conservative and some democratic ideals. There’s nothing wrong with that, but Trump appears to have no cohesiveness in his philosophy, neither in logic nor over a timeline.
    Calling them ideals I think attributes far more commitment to any of them than they actually merit from Trump.

Comment

• I don't care whose side Trump is on. He's incompetent, felonious, nepotistic, petty, and incapable of leadership. Less a person, more a collective of terrible traits, according to the people that work with him. He denigrates the executive branch by treating his unqualified family as cabinet members, casually is in a major scandal a week (last week it was "paid off and threatened a prostitute with campaign money"), and is dangerously ignorant on every aspect of policy.

Yes, put Pence in the office. Not because he is more/less conservative or will be better/worse for conservatism. But because he is simply more capable. Well, and less likely to ramble in a stupor on Twitter at 3 A.M. in bad English. And less likely to send Pence Jr. to Mexico to negotiate.

Comment

• ... http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-p...htmlstory.html

keep hatin'. What's plan D?

Comment

• I don't use my time machine often, but when I do, I set it to June 16, 2017.

Comment

Trump has no ideology/direction. He has some conservative and some democratic ideals. There’s nothing wrong with that, but Trump appears to have no cohesiveness in his philosophy, neither in logic nor over a timeline.
            The Heritage Foundation disagrees. Trump gets absolutely no press (gee, I wonder why) for the mind-numbing efficiency he has brought to Washington.

Operationally, he has put on a master class for those aspiring to be a CEO, if you are willing to pay attention and set aside political bias and prejudices. Our country has never seen anything like it. Obviously you won't like his efficiency if you don't like his policy, and I get that.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• KraRam
              KraRam commented
              Editing a comment
              Would you please delve in a little farther with what you mean by his "Mind-numbing efficiency". I have worked with several good owners/CEO's and have yet to see them run anything close to how DT is doing things.

• Kung Wu
              Kung Wu commented
              Editing a comment
              Start with the article.

• Did someone say "mind-numbing"?

Edit: Oops... thought this was referring to another player leaving.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

The Heritage Foundation disagrees. Trump gets absolutely no press (gee, I wonder why) for the mind-numbing efficiency he has brought to Washington.

Operationally, he has put on a master class for those aspiring to be a CEO, if you are willing to pay attention and set aside political bias and prejudices. Our country has never seen anything like it. Obviously you won't like his efficiency if you don't like his policy, and I get that.
              Trump gets big praise from me on the roll back of regulations, court appointments, and tax cuts. Those are absolutely conservative wins, and very big ones. Not sure what the “efficiency” claim is all about.

Where I have issue is with the wishy-washy 2nd amendment stance, tariff talk, failure to cut spending. These are not conservative ideas.

Finally, the constant shifting of cabinet members is an indication that he has not decided on a philosophical strategy, but is plucking momentary ideas to push forward.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

A true CEO master class. Kill anything the guy before you did just because you don't like him. Then add a billion to the debt for good measure. Kill all medical programs cause they cost to much. Fire people the day before their pension kicks in. Sounds about right.

I read the article and didn't see anything about him being efficient.

Comment

• Trump: Nobody has been tougher on Russia than me

Comment

• The funniest part about it is that his exact quote was "Probably no one has been tougher to Russia than Donald Trump."

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHillShocker View Post

A true CEO master class. Kill anything the guy before you did just because you don't like him. Then add a billion to the debt for good measure. Kill all medical programs cause they cost to much. Fire people the day before their pension kicks in. Sounds about right.

I read the article and didn't see anything about him being efficient.
                      In July of 2016, the leading conservative think tank in America -- The Heritage Foundation -- publishes a 334 item agenda for the next conservative POTUS' tenure. Trump has "implemented" 64% of them ALREADY in his FIRST YEAR of office. Unprecedented. Only Reagan came close to that with 49% of it being tackled at the same point in his career. In fact, Reagan only tackled 60% of the agenda in TOTALITY when it was all said and done.

In his first year, Trump has already beat Reagan's entire first term conservative agenda as defined by Heritage.

Efficient.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• We're about to have 50% of the population become experts on attorney-client privilege and the other 50% become experts on exceptions to attorney-client privilege.

As kind of a funny twist in the whole thing, it's my understanding that the communications were seized by the US attorney's office of the Southern District of New York. The US attorney in this district was formerly Preet Bharara, the individual whose podcast I'm always peddling. Preet was fired when he refused to resign after being asked to do so by Jeff Sessions, since he was an Obama appointee. The new guy is a Trump appointee. And yet, here we are. Though, admittedly, I haven't heard a ton about how involved the new guy was in everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post

We're about to have 50% of the population become experts on attorney-client privilege and the other 50% become experts on exceptions to attorney-client privilege.

As kind of a funny twist in the whole thing, it's my understanding that the communications were seized by the US attorney's office of the Southern District of New York. The US attorney in this district was formerly Preet Bharara, the individual whose podcast I'm always peddling. Preet was fired when he refused to resign after being asked to do so by Jeff Sessions, since he was an Obama appointee. The new guy is a Trump appointee. And yet, here we are. Though, admittedly, I haven't heard a ton about how involved the new guy was in everything.
                          You’re a lawyer. Fill us in on the legal implications of this.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

You’re a lawyer. Fill us in on the legal implications of this.
                            I truly believe no one other than the select few people in the room can really speak confidently about this. Both sides are definitely right about parts of it: (1) attorney-client privilege tends to be serious business; and (2) there is an exception when the attorney helps you commit a crime. The problem is we don't know what the evidence looks like. If the prosecutor had nothing and just said "we want to go on a fishing expedition at Trump's lawyer's house," then it is absolutely a "witch hunt" and the warrant shouldn't have been granted. If the prosecutor had evidence showing Cohen helped Trump bury the bodies, then it's a pretty clear slam dunk the other way.

My totally baseless two cents is that we've got one of two scenarios: (1) very strong evidence to support the warrant. If I were a judge, I can't even begin to describe how reluctant I would be to provide a warrant to search the house, office, and hotel of the sitting president's personal lawyer. Or (2) real conspiracy theory, deep-state stuff. I tend to think (1) is more likely, but if you already believe the federal judicial system is filled with folks willing to mutiny, this definitely fits in with what you already believe. The reason I don't think it's all that likely that there is a middle option (i.e., not tons of evidence, and a magistrate judge made kind of a judgment call) is because I can't imagine there's a level headed judge who doesn't give the sitting president the benefit of the doubt on this kind of thing. If the warrant hadn't been granted, we might not have ever heard about it. Once it was granted, there was no turning back.

Comment

• The fact that Rosenstein also signed off moves the needle on odds of a total fishing expedition/witch hunt from "eh, really unlikely but I guess there's a chance" to "right up there with miss cleo's powerball picks" likelihood.

Comment

Working...
                              X