Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little off topic but..

So do the 3 "African American" UCLA basketball players who were caught stealing while in China and finally released when President Trump stepped in asking for their release SEE the President any different now???

What about their families??? What about their friends??? What about people in general???
    Do they still think President Trump is a racist???

Wondering how this news may be looked upon by those who think that way. Thoughts...
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
        A little off topic but..

So do the 3 "African American" UCLA basketball players who were caught stealing while in China and finally released when President Trump stepped in asking for their release SEE the President any different now???

What about their families??? What about their friends??? What about people in general???
        Do they still think President Trump is a racist???

Wondering how this news may be looked upon by those who think that way. Thoughts...
        If Harvey Weinstein holds the door open for a lady, does it change your perception of the way he views women?

Maybe the UCLA players view him differently. (by the way, why put African American in quotation marks?) But as a general citizen, if you think someone is a racist, one good deed doesn't change that. Being a racist doesn't mean you act 100% of the time with overtly racist intent. It's why it's such a silly argument to say "yep, can't have racism in this country since 52% of us voted for a black president twice."

Comment

• So, is Trump racist?
          Livin the dream

Comment

• JD would say we all are. Therefore, we need to bend over backwards and see all acts from a race point of view. So whenever a black is harmed by black or white cops it is racist and never human error and when whites are unjustly harmed it is human error.

Jd and his fellow believers just try too hard. They don't need facts. Just make assumptions.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
              So, is Trump racist?
              This is why all of these conversations on this topic are so silly. I didn't say that.

My point is that if he is racist, one event doesn't prove he's not. If you have reason to believe he is, you're not unreasonable for still thinking that he is after he helped some black athletes.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post

This is why all of these conversations on this topic are so silly. I didn't say that.

My point is that if he is racist, one event doesn't prove he's not. If you have reason to believe he is, you're not unreasonable for still thinking that he is after he helped some black athletes.
                That’s a fine answer. I was just curious as to how why you believed a certain way.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• The term "racist", IMO, is grossly missed used and over used. Racist - The belief that one's own race is superior to other races or that a race is inferior to other races. Period.

Can one have some level of prejudice, consciously or unconsciously, without being racist? I believe so.

Unfortunately, one may be cast as racist due to an action or thought process due to unfortunate experience(s) with another race or a lack of positive or any contact with another race during their formative years or beyond. Opinions may have been formed by newspapers, TV, movies, and/or from the same lack of experience (or bad experience) of their siblings, parents, grandparents. All of this does not go away by the flip of a switch, in particular unconscious thought processes. We are a product of our experiences or lack of such. Some fear the unknown or what makes them uncomfortable. That could make them a racist, but not necessarily.

jdshock "My point is that if he is racist, one event doesn't prove he's not." My point is that one or more events may not prove he (or anyone) is racist either.

Time, positive experiences, and willingness to understand each other are keys to improving race relations. The lack or exclusion of any of these only does more harm than good.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post

If Harvey Weinstein holds the door open for a lady, does it change your perception of the way he views women?
                    I hear ya...but he probably held the door for her because he simply wants to get in her pants. ;)

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                    Maybe the UCLA players view him differently. (by the way, why put African American in quotation marks?)
                    Honestly...no particular reason. Probably my way of not completely understanding how to be politically correct in a internet forum. This "white" man does not want to offend anyone. :)

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                    But as a general citizen, if you think someone is a racist, one good deed doesn't change that. Being a racist doesn't mean you act 100% of the time with overtly racist intent. It's why it's such a silly argument to say "yep, can't have racism in this country since 52% of us voted for a black president twice."
                    Good point. Agree!

FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      The term "racist", IMO, is grossly missed used and over used. Racist - The belief that one's own race is superior to other races or that a race is inferior to other races. Period.

Can one have some level of prejudice, consciously or unconsciously, without being racist? I believe so.

Unfortunately, one may be cast as racist due to an action or thought process due to unfortunate experience(s) with another race or a lack of positive or any contact with another race during their formative years or beyond. Opinions may have been formed by newspapers, TV, movies, and/or from the same lack of experience (or bad experience) of their siblings, parents, grandparents. All of this does not go away by the flip of a switch, in particular unconscious thought processes. We are a product of our experiences or lack of such. Some fear the unknown or what makes them uncomfortable. That could make them a racist, but not necessarily.

jdshock "My point is that if he is racist, one event doesn't prove he's not." My point is that one or more events may not prove he (or anyone) is racist either.

Time, positive experiences, and willingness to understand each other are keys to improving race relations. The lack or exclusion of any of these only does more harm than good.
                      Lots of misused words these days; “racist”, “nazi”, “rapist”. These words have specific meaning and aught to be reserved for those people that have demonstrated these actions through overt word or action. It tends to be the inclination of the extreme left (in a he case of the words I pointed out) that motive is artificially attributed to individuals in order to demonize them.

To be fair, the far right also attributes words like “communist” and “SJW” to the left when it shouldn’t, however, I don’t believe that many leftists feel that these words are necessarily bad.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Trump's FCC announces plans to kill net neutrality

Comment

• http://www.realclearpolicy.com/artic...ty_110247.html

It interesting - the story for Obama move on net neutrality promises
                          Consumers will suffer the most from this power shift. Expect higher broadband prices, reductions in broadband speeds, reduced broadband deployment, less innovation and fewer offerings from fewer competitors.
                          while the article on Trump says the consumers will lose..... I guess regardless consumers are going to lose.
                          Last edited by SB Shock; November 21, 2017, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

http://www.realclearpolicy.com/artic...ty_110247.html

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs...r-the-internet

It interesting - the story for Obama move on net neutrality promises

while the article on Trump says the consumers will lose..... I guess regardless consumers are going to lose.
                            For reference, the first story is from Lawrence Spiwak. He's the President of the Phoenix Center for Advanced Legal & Economic Public Policy Studies, a firm that grew out of AT&T's old research arm and receives major funding from Verizon and AT&T by Spiwak's admission. The second is an op-ed, but it doesn't seem to be written be a lobbyist.
                            Last edited by CBB_Fan; November 22, 2017, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Just to be clear I am not arguing that one is better way to go unless you are Verizon, att, Apple, Netflix, etc - then there are clear winners depending on the choice. This is not really about protecting consumers, but crony politics where each side tries to fear monger to get their way.

Comment

• http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ocuments-show/ ...

... fake news.

Comment

Working...
                                X