Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
    Republicans' refusal to even hold hearings for a Supreme Court justice in 2016 is really paying off. A bunch of big 5-4 decisions.
    Sad, but true.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I have two comments: # 4; CATO states that the children of illegal immigrants shouldn’t count in the cost and therefore deduct 12.3 billion. I don’t have any idea why you wouldn’t count this. #6, CATO states that the immigrants cause an increase in housing costs which creates revenue from other people’s houses. I’m sorry, but that revenue is paid by legal folks to cover the cost of infrastructure that wouldn’t be necessary if the illegals weren’t here. That’s another 11.2 billion.

Thats $23.5 billion over the estimated cost of $3-15 billion (it’s not clear to me why they have a $12 billion spread).

Where I agree with this article is that it there were no illegals, we would still have to pay for border protection. That probably shouldn’t be counted. Cost is 12 billion.

The other differences are in how you calculate the cost/benefit of the children born in the US to illegals, whether or not you count the social security paid by the employer, and the assumptions made in number and participation in the economy. I would say those are open and I’m not going to argue guesstimates as I am woefully under informed.

In the end, the cost of illegals is in the tens of billions per year at a minimum.
      The effects of illegal aliens on the economy isn't even totally realized. The estimate that we usually hear is is that we have 11 million illegals in the United States. That was an estimate from over a decade ago. I heard a current estimate of 25-30 million as more realistic and everyday, it increases. I think that all estimates of increases are underestimated.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        We have 80,000 in Kansas alone...

T

...:cool:

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
      Republicans' refusal to even hold hearings for a Supreme Court justice in 2016 is really paying off. A bunch of big 5-4 decisions.
      DOWN goes unions...

Bum did some nice "work" at the district level so don't be dismayed.

T

Comment

• Justice Anthony Kennedy announced Wednesday that he is retiring, giving President Trump a critical opportunity to move the Supreme Court more solidly to the right in what promises to be an epic confirmation fight.

And he gets another pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
          Checkmate!

Make him young...

T

Comment

• Not sure how anybody could objectively have a problem with the decision to disallow the activity of unions compelling dues of non-members. It is a victory for liberty and individual freedom, ideals that traditional liberals (extinct?) would celebrate. Historically, there is a time and a place for unions, but forcing membership and dues is unpalatable. Although, unless I'm ignorant of some finer details, the decision is a moot one in right-to-work states like Kansas.

I know I have personal biases (as we all do), but the three rulings by the SCOTUS over the past two days have all been very cerebral, rational, and reasonable. Facts and logic winning over emotion and feelings.

Comment

• No matter how upset/embarrassed/confused I've become during one of Trump's apparent incoherent ramblings, I've always found peace and resolve reflecting on one thing... The Supreme Court. With Kennedy's shocking decision to step down, I've gotten more than I could have ever hoped for out of this presidency. It's allllll gravy from here on out. It appears we've just "hit the reset button" on the moral doomsday clock in America.

T

Comment

• With Ginsburg being 85 and Breyer being 79, Trump could possibly even get 2 more.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                  WuDrWu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The Pelican Brief.

• Shocker1976
                  Shocker1976 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  IMO Ginburg is a given; not certain about Breyer, he could wait out the Trumpster's potential second term.

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

The effects of illegal aliens on the economy isn't even totally realized. The estimate that we usually hear is is that we have 11 million illegals in the United States. That was an estimate from over a decade ago. I heard a current estimate of 25-30 million as more realistic and everyday, it increases. I think that all estimates of increases are underestimated.
                I can’t speak to that. The linked article gave some reference from the last three years, so that’s better than what I got.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Shockm
                  Shockm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It came from Texas AG Patrick

• QUOTE=C0|dB|00ded;n1140333]No matter how upset/embarrassed/confused I've become during one of Trump's apparent incoherent ramblings, I've always found peace and resolve reflecting on one thing... The Supreme Court. [/QUOTE]

Comment

• "Despite his overall unpopularity, President Trump is winning and the Democrats right now are reeling."

"If the Democrats' reaction to the Kennedy retirement proved anything, it's that the Democratic Party has not figured out how to succeed in the Trump era."

lol

T

Comment

• No bias at all in those comments from Chuckie. And he wonders why Trump is winning, and bigly at the moment.

Comment

• NATO leaders pledged their “unwavering commitment” to boost defense spending on Wednesday, following stern words from President Trump criticizing European leaders for spending too little.

LMAO!

Listen to the Trumpster tell it exactly how it is in this glorious soundbite.

Imagine 'Bum in the same situation... Oh wait, let me give you a visual aid.

Here's John "Dealmaker" Kerry's official response. https://twitter.com/JohnKerry/status...632002/photo/1

Read the Twitter comments for unlimited lolz.

T

Comment

• Remarkable press conference, unscheduled, by President Trump just now in Belgium. I suppose if you don't like him that you'll find things to gripe about, but seriously, just wow.

Talk about a leader. An arrogant one, but everyone knows who's in charge. You saw that. lol

Zero nonsense. Straight forward. Sugar coating gone. Crimea was on Obama's watch. Not my fault. I wouldn't have let it happen.

Putin a competitor, not my enemy. He hasn't done anything to me. Great stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Remarkable press conference, unscheduled, by President Trump just now in Belgium. I suppose if you don't like him that you'll find things to gripe about, but seriously, just wow.

Talk about a leader. An arrogant one, but everyone knows who's in charge. You saw that. lol

Zero nonsense. Straight forward. Sugar coating gone. Crimea was on Obama's watch. Not my fault. I wouldn't have let it happen.

Putin a competitor, not my enemy. He hasn't done anything to me. Great stuff.
                          Even aside from the regular nonsense ("stable genius") type stuff, it's only "zero nonsense" if you take him 100% at his word. His whole thing was about how he has gotten every other country to substantially increase their commitment. But the other leaders like Macron are saying that's not true at all. Instead, they're just still standing behind the 10 year long commitment that started in 2014 to hit 2% in 2024. And who knows... maybe Trump is right. Maybe those other countries are all radically changing their commitments (and for some reason, the other leaders are just publicly denying it). But we don't have any evidence of that.

So Trump's idea that "Everyone has agreed to substantially up their commitment. They're going to up it at levels that they never thought of before." that's just completely unfounded at this time, and it is only "zero nonsense" if you trust every word that comes out of his mouth.

I think Trump has proven that he can lie about just about anything and his base is going to take him at his word. None of his supporters have ever been turned off by his weird propaganda about having the largest inauguration crowds ever, or about not knowing any Russians, or even like two weeks ago when he said "HOUSE REPUBLICANS SHOULD PASS THE STRONG BUT FAIR IMMIGRATION BILL, KNOWN AS GOODLATTE II." and then three days later he said "I never pushed the Republicans in the House to vote for the Immigration Bill, either GOODLATTE 1 or 2." Personally, I think it's more likely that Trump is just making stuff up, but we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                          X