Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leader?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jtaylor; August 12, 2017, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Eh, maybe don't post memes of any POTUS like that one? I'm not a fan of DJT generally but there should be some respect for the office.

Comment

• It's actually quite scary what's going on in North Korea right now.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• North Korea is doing exactly what its been doing for the past 20+years. Developing their nuclear arsenal. I really don't think anything has changed, and I also don't believe their threats are different. They want their regularly scheduled world welfare, which they have been able to milk every so often when they make idle threats. And they always get it.

Funny how that works. Enable bad behavior, and continue to get bad behavior.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I don't want to sound like Rahm Emmanuel, but sounding exactly like him unfortunately, I believe it's incumbent on our President to take the opportunity provided by those criminals/losers/nutjobs, whatever you want to call them, in Virginia the last 2 days.

A true leader could/should/would find a way to unite 99%+ of the country against this unpatriotic disgusting fringe. I will continue my frustration, for all America, if he cannot, I will be infuriated if he doesn't at least try. This was absolutely no part of why he was voted into office, and he knows it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
              Eh, maybe don't post memes of any POTUS like that one? I'm not a fan of DJT generally but there should be some respect for the office.
              I think we'd be seeing similar things if Hillary had been elected. That seems to be a part of 21st century America. I recall some pretty nasty Obama memes.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                I don't want to sound like Rahm Emmanuel, but sounding exactly like him unfortunately, I believe it's incumbent on our President to take the opportunity provided by those criminals/losers/nutjobs, whatever you want to call them, in Virginia the last 2 days.

A true leader could/should/would find a way to unite 99%+ of the country against this unpatriotic disgusting fringe. I will continue my frustration, for all America, if he cannot, I will be infuriated if he doesn't at least try. This was absolutely no part of why he was voted into office, and he knows it.
                I haven't paid much attention to this deal, I guess I should catch up. Peaceful assembly and free speech are constitutionally protected. Looting, and burning, and violence are crimes, and should be treated as such.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  I think we'd be seeing similar things if Hillary had been elected. That seems to be a part of 21st century America. I recall some pretty nasty Obama memes.
                  No doubt.

The erosion of a sense of "same team" in the U.S. over the last 20 years is a real bummer. By the time a formidable common enemy arises and gives cause to unify, I am afraid we'll either be unable or the coalition will be far weaker than in prior eras.

Comment

I don't want to sound like Rahm Emmanuel, but sounding exactly like him unfortunately, I believe it's incumbent on our President to take the opportunity provided by those criminals/losers/nutjobs, whatever you want to call them, in Virginia the last 2 days.

Well said.

When our leaders decide it is more advantageous to exploit racial and ethnic divisions rather than find common ground, we are in for a bumpy ride. Unfortunately this looks like a continuation of the prior administration's approach only from the other end of the spectrum.

I don't really understand it from a strategic standpoint. Are Mississippi and Alabama going to vote for Kamala in 2020 if DJT strikes a unifying tone? Nope. This is the time to broaden appeal in the face of a near-universally contemptible foe - take out the driver when it's teed up this high for goodness sake.

It's not much of a stand to take - Nazis are about as popular as SIDS, coming out forcefully against it bears no cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                      Well said.

When our leaders decide it is more advantageous to exploit racial and ethnic divisions rather than find common ground, we are in for a bumpy ride. Unfortunately this looks like a continuation of the prior administration's approach only from the other end of the spectrum.

I don't really understand it from a strategic standpoint. Are Mississippi and Alabama going to vote for Kamala in 2020 if DJT strikes a unifying tone? Nope. This is the time to broaden appeal in the face of a near-universally contemptible foe - take out the driver when it's teed up this high for goodness sake.

It's not much of a stand to take - Nazis are about as popular as SIDS, coming out forcefully against it bears no cost.
                      Whether Trump does so or not, moderate and conservative Republicans as a group need to this as well. If Trump doesn't, before or after they do, they need to call him out on it. It's time to draw a line in the sand.

Comment

• Having a spokesperson come out the next day and say Trump included Nazis when he talked about violence doesn't quite cut it. It seems more like he realized he made a mistake in his original comments, but he's not about to admit it. Just have someone else say he didn't make the mistake.

Comment

• Does anybody know what happened in Virginia?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            Having a spokesperson come out the next day and say Trump included Nazis when he talked about violence doesn't quite cut it. It seems more like he realized he made a mistake in his original comments, but he's not about to admit it. Just have someone else say he didn't make the mistake.
                            The typo of "nephew-Nazi" instead of neo-Nazi in the initial version of the unsigned official statement wasn't very helpful.

Comment

• Trump's job approval rating is still 76% among R's. I get the "hold nose, vote Trump over Hillary" approach, but come on now folks, this is just sick.

Any President who allows Nazis to celebrate and claim the President is supporting them, and who refuses to immediately, and clearly, denounce them, should have an approval rating of zero. I have no more tolerance left for anyone who approves of Trump. There are no more excuses. Hillary is vanquished. Time to show the tiniest bit of moral fortitude and stand up to this evil man.

It is inexcusable that Trump isn't facing news of the utter collapse of his base. Hillary's "deplorables" comment wasn't too far off. Her claim that it was about 50% may have actually been a bit too low.
                              Last edited by Jamar Howard 4 President; August 14, 2017, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• I was going to say something similar to what JH4P said before I saw his post.

When David Duke says, essentially, we're fulfilling Trump's promise to take Ameroica back and Trump doesn't come out immediately and absolutely distance himself from that statement as far as possible and as fast as possible, , there's something seriously wrong.

Obama was harshly criticized for enabling radical black protesters. I don't recall any radical black protesters naming Obama as the reason for their protests. Trump just enabled David Duke and the white supremacist movement.

Comment

Working...
                                X