Right wing goes after WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Actually, the majority of the folks down in that country ARE cowboys.
    I'm not familiar with Kiowa County, but I would agree if they are like most of the people in Chase County. Could probably throw Lyon County in as well. Lots of Texas cattle grazing up there in the Flint Hills at certain times of the year (or at least used to be).

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      I have family in Kiowa and Medicine Lodge. I love 'em, but they are very redneck.
      I think it is just the ranching versus crop farming thing, in the context of rural cultures. You'd probably have the same take if you spent much time in the Flint Hills. Lots of cowboy culture (which I am assuming you meant with the "redneck" reference) in both the Flint Hills and the Gypsum Hills. Personally I think it is much more interesting than the John Deere hat, wheat farmer thing.

Comment

Grace chapel is by design not connected with a religion, which assumedly it has to be, and what it's benefactor desired. Anyone going there and expecting it to be a place of worship (regardless of vein) needs to have their head examined. That's coming from someone who would most likely be labeled as "right wing" by a liberal.

The only take-away I have from the story is that the University could have tried harder in their "renovation" than they did, in the context of materials used. I'm most annoyed by how it went from looking serene, to a place one might go for an Amway informational session. Those white plastic chairs that replaced the pews are terrible.

EDIT: I will say the bidet request is totally asinine. When you move to another country you should plan on conforming to the culture you are entering, not with an entitled attitude that they should conform to you. I wouldn't settle in their land and request that large sums of money be spent to install western-style pedestal toilets, would I?
        Last edited by SHOCKvalue; October 9, 2015, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

EDIT: I will say the bidet request is totally asinine. When you move to another country you should plan on conforming to the culture you are entering, not with an entitled attitude that they should conform to you. I wouldn't settle in their land and request that large sums of money be spent to install western-style pedestal toilets, would I?
          I would most definitely demand toilets! And the bidets,too! I'm a big fan of the bidet. Have you ever tried the squat method? Terrible, undignified, primative. The people in east asia need to get with the times!
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

On a serious note, this isn't a big deal. It will blow over. I know it's happening at your school, but give it a month or so.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
              I'm not familiar with Kiowa County, but I would agree if they are like most of the people in Chase County. Could probably throw Lyon County in as well. Lots of Texas cattle grazing up there in the Flint Hills at certain times of the year (or at least used to be).
              Kiowa County is where Greensburg is located.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                On a serious note, this isn't a big deal. It will blow over. I know it's happening at your school, but give it a month or so.
                No doubt it will.

Lately I've been hyper-sensitive to the hypersensitivity bred from the inability of people who publish biased opinion columns presented as news articles to actually think, and thereby incite their emotional followers, err, readers.

Comment

Should have just converted it to a private worship center for the Marshall family. Any religion Mrs. Marshall chooses.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

No doubt it will.

Lately I've been hyper-sensitive to the hypersensitivity bred from the inability of people who publish biased opinion columns presented as news articles to actually think, and thereby incite their emotional followers, err, readers.
                    I'm with you on this. Very tired of the emotional appeal from agenda driven bloggers.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

No doubt it will.

It all the U.S. media about. There is no just "reporting" the news anymore - it all biased and sensationalized. You can't take anything for face value as being true anymore.

Comment

I have family in Kiowa and Medicine Lodge. I love 'em, but they are very redneck.
                        Hey, I resemble that remark!
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          It all the U.S. media about. There is no just "reporting" the news anymore - it all biased and sensationalized. You can't take anything for face value as being true anymore.
                          Pretty true. That includes what comes from government officials via the media. Especially about our endless wars and the reasons for them.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                            Hey, I resemble that remark!
                            So you know of whom I speak?

Comment

I never saw the chapel as anything other than a Multi-Cultural, Unitarian space for the "Spiritual-Non Religious".

If someone is getting bent out of shape, they're either uninformed or they are not following the kumbaya mantra they espouse.

I don't know any of the Evangelicals in my circle that are the least bit concerned about this.

In a way it's just kind of comical.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

And yet this to shall pass...

Comment

Working...
                                X