Right wing goes after WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right wing goes after WSU

Looks like the right is making this a national issue.

In the fast lane

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
    Looks like the right is making this a national issue.

http://conservativefiringline.com/wi...ease-muslims/#
    Ugh.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Yeah, I've seen tons of stuff on twitter about this. While I think they could have avoided it by leaving a few pews in the back, the narrative that WSU is "appeasing muslims" and "Christian cleansing" (yes, the headlines have said exactly that) is more hyperbole and an attempt to rile people up.

I'm still waiting for the scriptural reference to pews.

This reminds me of the Buhler city sign controversy from a few years ago and how Glenn Beck latched onto one word and suddenly he thinks he knows more about the town I've lived in for 40 years than I do.

Comment

Using the link trop provided, there's a perfect illustration of what is wrong with political "journalism":

First, is this paragraph:

If they wanted to provide a place for Muslims, why didn’t they just give them a separate place? Because Muslims want dominance.
        Then two paragraphs later they quote Bardo:

“Under the terms of Mrs. Harvey D. Grace’s gift to the university in her will, ‘This chapel will be open to all creeds and to all races of people.’ Our goal should be exactly what Mrs. Grace set out to do in her gift, to have an all faiths chapel that is welcoming to all religious groups on campus.” WSU President John Bardo
        How does someone logically go from "This chapel will be open to all creeds and to all races of people" to " . . . why didn’t they just give them a separate place? Because Muslims want dominance."

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Even Fox News' Todd Starnes (who has a weekly appearance on Steve and Ted's morning show), has used the same poor logic.

And the sheeple eat it up.

As a Christian who is concerned about the spread of Islam I'm not happy about the whole situation either. But if that's how Mrs. Grace wanted it, then it's not the muslims to blame in this case. Freedom is messy, and the 1st Amendment isn't selective.

Comment

Nvm.
          Last edited by Kung Wu; October 13, 2015, 12:20 PM.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            Ugh.

"The marginalization of Christianity is on a runaway train in America. Wichita State University renovated its chapel to accommodate Muslims. In the process, Christian-related objects were removed."

Ugh is right. Provincial, narrow-minded dolts who give intellectual conservatives a bad name. I guess these folks never read the constitution. I wonder how well educated such narrow-minded provincial people are and where/what they got for an education.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              As a Christian who is concerned about the spread of Islam I'm not happy about the whole situation either. But if that's how Mrs. Grace wanted it, then it's not the muslims to blame in this case. Freedom is messy, and the 1st Amendment isn't selective.
              I think the problem is less the spread of Islam and more the fact that people who think and act like this drive many, many people away from Christian churches, thus compounding the appearance of the problem. Look at Western Europe for a trend. Their rate of church attendance is way below what ours is. We'll be there in another generation.

Comment

Should be noted that building was intended from the beginning to be a nonsectarian place of worship. It isn't a Christian establishment, by intention.

Comment

So bad I don't know what to say.

In the fast lane

Comment

Probably the issue is the CHANGE. I expect it should have been like this from the beginning.

Comment

Here's one of the comments. The name on the comment is Amy Reeves. If that's a correct name, that "lady" has quite the mouth on her. This comment has has several "Likes". Incredible!

WOW....IM ASHAMED OF THIS UNIVERSITY!!!! I HOPE ALUMNI BAIL ON THE SCHOOL. I HAVE A FEELING THAT THAT POOR OLD WOMAN THAT DONATED SO MUCH DID NOT INTEND FOR HER CHAPEL TO BE DESCICRATED BY A BUNCH OF GOAT ****ERS PRAYING TO A PEDOPHILE...AND THESE STUPID COLLEGE KIDS, IF U KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ISLAM, GO GET EDUCATED DUMBASSES!!!! SWEET BABY JESUS!!!
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                        Bigotry and hatred at its finest. Open carry dorks wanting to 'use their constitutional rights' to intimidate people they disagree with. One of the mosques being targeted is here in Houston (which should be no surprise to anyone).

This is the exact reason I could not support open carry.

Interesting story related to open carry (so everyone can have a laugh).

At one time, many, many years ago, I worked for Santa Fe railroad. The local agent in Kiowa, who I only knew as 'Kiowa Eddie', was an open carrier (it's been legal in Kansas for forever). He liked to fancy himself as a cowboy and wore his six shooter on his hip (even at work in those days - this was way before workplace violence). According to some trainmen that I knew, one night Kiowa Eddie was in the yard office talking to the local crew. During the conversation, he sat down in a chair and shot himself in the @$$.

You just can't make this stuff up.

Comment

Actually, the majority of the folks down in that country ARE cowboys.

Comment

A former in-law (in rural Tennessee) once shot himself in the arm as he was pulling his pistol out of the back his pants. Apparently, a holster was just too inconvenient.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Actually, the majority of the folks down in that country ARE cowboys.
                              I have family in Kiowa and Medicine Lodge. I love 'em, but they are very redneck.

Comment

Working...
                              X