Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Not sure what was subtle about that.
    “Prove innocence” rather than “presumed innocent”.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

“Prove innocence” rather than “presumed innocent”.
      As I said, no the least bit subtle, but pretty dumb.

Comment

Book of the month club recommended this:

I heard page 129 was great!

Comment

I bet you have three autographed copies sitting right next to your tissue box.
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Comment

Trump indicted again, this time for being in possession of classified documents. (just as the story of Biden taking 5 million dollars in bribes was coming out). Hillary had classified documents, so did David Petraeus, so did Pence, so did Biden..............

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                Trump indicted again, this time for being in possession of classified documents. (just as the story of Biden taking 5 million dollars in bribes was coming out). Hillary had classified documents, so did David Petraeus, so did Pence, so did Biden..............
                I don't think the possession of classified documents is where the sizzle for the prosection (and the risk for the defendant) lies. I think the false statement charge and the obstruction of justice charge are the minefields for Trump. Hard to say what kind of evidence the prosecution has to support these charges and whether or not it will be enough to convince a jury that Trump is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

That said there is absolutely no question that we have a dual system of justice in this country that has been largely politicized and weaponized. Justice is of little concern. In many cases, the prosecution doesn't really care whether they ultimately prevail or not in any specific case. The process is the punishment and intimidation is the deterrent.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 9, 2023, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Hard to say what kind of evidence the prosecution has to support these charges and whether or not it will be enough to convince a jury that Trump is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
                  And there in lies the sticky wicket. I've served on a couple of juries. Didn't know anyone or anything about what was going on. Totally capable of making a fair judgement. This is so political that fairness and an impartial jury are just out the window. All you have to look it is the sham civil case against Trump last month.

If you can't look at that case and say "total joke. No one should have ruled against Trump" then I don't know what to tell you. His accuser was credit-less. It happened 20+ years ago. No common sense person should find Trump liable there with the "evidence" presented.

We're living in a clown world that's morphing from sad clown to scary clown more every day.

Comment

The process is the punishment and intimidation is the deterrent.
                    Yup, just gotta drag it out through election time in order to give the leftist media something to be loud and repetitive about.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

I believe Biden may be related to Ortega. We may never have an honest election in America again.

Comment

Serious question.......is there any venue where Trump could get a fair trial?

Comment

There are but none of his trials will be held in them. Nor will the judges and prosecutors be non-biased.

Comment

Miami, much better than DC.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

There are but none of his trials will be held in them. Nor will the judges and prosecutors be non-biased.
                              Trump pulled Judge Aileen Cannon who is making the democrats head spin right now. She is the judge who started out ruling completely in favor or Trump when this investigation started. She was completely rebuked by the 11th circuit by Trump and Bush judges. She is generally considered incompetent.

Trump is also getting favorably venue Miami.

There is some speculation that there are other indictments coming, if these do come they will likely be in NY, NJ or DC.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Trump pulled Judge Aileen Cannon who is making the democrats head spin right now. She is the judge who started out ruling completely in favor or Trump when this investigation started. She was completely rebuked by the 11th circuit by Trump and Bush judges. She is generally considered incompetent.

Trump is also getting favorably venue Miami.

There is some speculation that there are other indictments coming, if these do come they will likely be in NY, NJ or DC.
                                I wonder when Bidens and Hillary's indictments are coming?

Comment

Working...
                                X