No announcement yet.

Republican Election of Speaker of House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One can only hope. The holdout/process was a good thing. Tilts the house a little more to the right and improves transparency as to who is voting for what and much more deliberation/visability of each piece of legislation. Anything that will start holding debt and gov't spending in check is a good thing and this all seems to be a step in the right direction. How large of a step remains to be seen.

Comment

I wish they (everyone) would be open about what the wanted/bargained for when it came to their votes.

The backroom **** has to end. You want to do it in the private sector, so be it. The people's business? There should be video cameras and audio mics in every corner of the House.

Comment

’Big Brother-US House’, seasons 2019 thru 2022, that would be must see TV.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            I wish they (everyone) would be open about what the wanted/bargained for when it came to their votes.
            They were transparent (and open) with their demands

1. They wanted 3 people on the rules committee. Ultimately they wanted to limit the power of the speaker, and put the power in the hands of the representatives in determine agenda.

2. They wanted to restore ability to call a confidence vote for the speaker of the house that Pelosi removed during her tenure. They rubbing point was did it require 1 person, 3 or 5.

3. They wanted to assurances on budget spending.

they have been talking since July on what they wanted

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3...onference/amp/

Comment

I’m liking him more…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                I’m liking him more…]
                yup

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

yup