Why is the Media Liberal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the Media Liberal

Totally serious question. What happened in the past 100 or so years that caused the media/journalists to move to the left of center? Indoctrination at the college level? If so, why? I’ve never really understood.

I think a big part is that an ultimate disrupter came along who flipped their plans completely and that triggered the left (media)...

Comment

The media has always been left, since the 60's for sure

Comment

I think that’s the “short-term” issue. But, the MSM has been considered “liberal” for many, many years. Just wondering why.

Comment

Your adventure begins by googling this Marxist: Herbert Marcuse.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Very interesting.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post

Very interesting.
                That should lead you to the Frankfurt School of critical theory. That's your next reading assignment.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  You are an educated man!
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

You are an educated man!
                    I despise Marxism.

Comment

Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                      Totally serious question. What happened in the past 100 or so years that caused the media/journalists to move to the left of center? Indoctrination at the college level? If so, why? I’ve never really understood.
                      It is a very interesting question. Most newspapers and media outlets are owned by large corporations. There really is no reason why these corporations should be pushing a liberal agenda. I have actually wondered the same thing. Maybe it is the reporters biases themselves, but why would they be more liberal than the public in general? Is it the universities they went to? I went to WSU and never really felt like I was getting a liberal indoctrination, but maybe that does happen at places like Ku. (I really can't imagine that K-state is very liberal either).

I will say regardless of their personal beliefs, it seemed to me that reporters like Walter Conkrite, and Huntley and Brinkley tried their best to just give us the news straight without a bias. That doesn't seem to happen much today.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post

It is a very interesting question. Most newspapers and media outlets are owned by large corporations. There really is no reason why these corporations should be pushing a liberal agenda. I have actually wondered the same thing. Maybe it is the reporters biases themselves, but why would they be more liberal than the public in general? Is it the universities they went to? I went to WSU and never really felt like I was getting a liberal indoctrination, but maybe that does happen at places like Ku. (I really can't imagine that K-state is very liberal either).

I will say regardless of their personal beliefs, it seemed to me that reporters like Walter Conkrite, and Huntley and Brinkley tried their best to just give us the news straight without a bias. That doesn't seem to happen much today.
                        It’s the praxis that is widely accepted as modern journalism curriculum. It is passed down through books and teachers to students that become journalist, then management, and they hire like-minded graduates that were taught the same theory.

Cronkite hid his bias much better and much easier because there was no differing opinion to be presented on television. Three unified voices presenting the same story with the same bias every night at 9 creates the appearance of being moderate.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Seems to be true the majority of time…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                          X