No announcement yet.

The Collapse of the United States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side conversation: My nephew is a senior in high school and took calculus. The teacher was brand new, had never taught calculus, maybe had one calculus class in college; and straight up told them she couldn't help them, that they would have to google for videos to help themselves. All of their coursework was submitted online and graded by a 3rd party and practically the entire class failed.

W.T.F. are we paying for with our taxes exactly?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post

Federally funded by taxpayers dollars.
      Yes. We should fund locally where we have say in policies. When you fund federally, you have to meet certain federal guidelines to get federal money. One of those guidelines (laws) is that because church and state must be separated, you can’t have God in federally funded schools.

Now, whether you believe that is a good thing or a bad thing or whether you think that was a good decision or a bad decision, the fact is that we, as taxpayers, are beholden to the representatives that make the law at the level of the funding. Want more control in your local schools? Fund them locally.
      Livin the dream

Comment

This list shows any shooting on school grounds. Many if not most of these didn’t involve any students. I was talking about Mass Shootings, and this article says that the first mass school shooting happened at UT in 1966.

Mitopure is the first and only clinically tested, highly pure Urolithin A postbiotic, scientifically proven to trigger a crucial recycling process within our cells called mitophagy.

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
          As much as most don’t want to admit it, taking the Word out of public education was the start of what’s going on. Add to the fact that we allow Nazi sympathizers like George Soros run a political party.

We need elected officials that care more about fixing things than providing more welfare.
          Pretty much the same SCOTUS that federally banned school prayer also federally banned Abortion.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Side conversation: My nephew is a senior in high school and took calculus. The teacher was brand new, had never taught calculus, maybe had one calculus class in college; and straight up told them she couldn't help them, that they would have to google for videos to help themselves. All of their coursework was submitted online and graded by a 3rd party and practically the entire class failed.

W.T.F. are we paying for with our taxes exactly?
            The 60’s and 70’s SCOTUS banned things like school prayer, banned states from anti-Abortion laws, and had a federal law that only allowed 55 Mile per hour speed limits, seat belts, etc. The power of the federal government shot up considerably in the 60s and 70s. All liberal policies that limited freedoms, and democracy of the states in our Federal system, and included a Liberal SCOTUS.
            Last edited by Shockm; January 16, 2023, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This list shows any shooting on school grounds. Many if not most of these didn’t involve any students. I was talking about Mass Shootings, and this article says that the first mass school shooting happened at UT in 1966.

https://timeline.com/during-the-nati...k-43bc18a3ddc3
              100 years ago they didn’t dick around with guns:

“There are very seldom reports of mass or multiple school shootings during the first three decades of the 20th Century, with the three most violent attacks on schools involving either arson or explosions.”

Not really seeing any causation in your argument, and the correlation is pretty suspect. Did Gilbert Twigg not hear enough prayers in school, or is this unrelated? Are they shooting up the schools because they want prayer? Is there there no prayer in their life at all, or are they withering in the 7 hours per day they’re at school? Are they fighting government oppression? Does public prayer stop mass shootings?
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

100 years ago they didn’t dick around with guns:

“There are very seldom reports of mass or multiple school shootings during the first three decades of the 20th Century, with the three most violent attacks on schools involving either arson or explosions.”

Not really seeing any causation in your argument, and the correlation is pretty suspect. Did Gilbert Twigg not hear enough prayers in school, or is this unrelated? Are they shooting up the schools because they want prayer? Is there there no prayer in their life at all, or are they withering in the 7 hours per day they’re at school? Are they fighting government oppression? Does public prayer stop mass shootings?
                if you don’t believe in prayer, your points are great. Non-believers, and atheists agree with you, and your ammunition can go all the way back to the crucifixion, and beyond. Why was Hitler and other tyrants created? Why do bad things happen? How did life begin? Do we live and then die, or is there more? How did our solar system begin, and order come out of nothingness? There are lots of cause and effect questions.

Comment

if you don’t believe in prayer, your points are great. Non-believers, and atheists agree with you, and your ammunition can go all the way back to the crucifixion, and beyond. Why was Hitler and other tyrants created? Why do bad things happen? How did life begin? Do we live and then die, or is there more? How did our solar system begin, and order come out of nothingness? There are lots of cause and effect questions.
                  I believe in prayer. I just don’t believe in your societal solutions. I don’t want anyone telling me I can’t pray or that I must pray. If you can’t comprehend the facts, just pray for understanding.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

I believe in prayer. I just don’t believe in your societal solutions. I don’t want anyone telling me I can’t pray or that I must pray. If you can’t comprehend the facts, just pray for understanding.
                    Fair enough. Freedom is very important, and a bedrock of our Constitution. I was in school when this 1962 decision came down, and prayer just wasn't controversial for the almost everyone, but the SCOTUS often acted, because of an extremely small group of activists (in this case atheists).

My main point to your statement regarding this (SCOTUS) prayer decision that there is no causation in the problems of the U.S. (world for that matter). How can I prove there is a causation (I can't), and how can you prove there isn't a causation (you can't)? Our personal faith, and conscience tell us, and one can't see faith or conscience. It seems to me that the faith of Christians isn't what it used to be. While persecution of Christians in the U.S, isn't what it is in Iran, and many other countries, there are people being taken to court for their Christian beliefs (ie the Baker in Colorado, and the florist in Washington who counseled the gay couples who were going to be married, other businesses who could help them because their conscience and our Constitutional 1st Amendment didn't mesh with their weddings). My belief is that this is all connected, but I can't prove it.

But in summary, neither you nor I can prove or not prove causation, and our opinions don't agree.

If interested in the persecution of Christians, here is a video. This is world wide, but as the video says, all Christians will be persecuted at some point, just as Jesus said they would. This organization began in 1967.

Since 1967, The Voice of the Martyrs has been serving persecuted Christians through practical and spiritual assistance, while leading other members of the bo...
                    Last edited by Shockm; January 17, 2023, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Fair enough. Freedom is very important, and a bedrock of our Constitution. I was in school when this 1962 decision came down, and prayer just wasn't controversial for the almost everyone, but the SCOTUS often acted, because of an extremely small group of activists (in this case atheists).

My main point to your statement regarding this (SCOTUS) prayer decision that there is no causation in the problems of the U.S. (world for that matter). How can I prove there is a causation (I can't), and how can you prove there isn't a causation (you can't)? Our personal faith, and conscience tell us, and one can't see faith or conscience. It seems to me that the faith of Christians isn't what it used to be. While persecution of Christians in the U.S, isn't what it is in Iran, and many other countries, there are people being taken to court for their Christian beliefs (ie the Baker in Colorado, and the florist in Washington who counseled the gay couples who were going to be married, other businesses who could help them because their conscience and our Constitutional 1st Amendment didn't mesh with their weddings). My belief is that this is all connected, but I can't prove it.

But in summary, neither you nor I can prove or not prove causation, and our opinions don't agree.

If interested in the persecution of Christians, here is a video. This is world wide, but as the video says, all Christians will be persecuted at some point, just as Jesus said they would. This organization began in 1967.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZHryq13xxo
                      Here is an excellent book written by a Christian historian that takes one issue plaguing western culture and chronicle its roots and how it infected US law, education and common everyday thinking.

The Rise and Triumph of the Modern Self: Cultural Amnesia, Expressive Individualism, and the Road to Sexual Revolution

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post

Here is an excellent book written by a Christian historian that takes one issue plaguing western culture and chronicle its roots and how it infected US law, education and common everyday thinking.

The Rise and Triumph of the Modern Self: Cultural Amnesia, Expressive Individualism, and the Road to Sexual Revolution

The title says it all...now don't need to read the book. I would have said something like this but in a less articulate, stumbling way.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post

Thank you. I've done some research on Carl Trueman's writings. He is a very intelligent eccleastical historian, and philosopher. He goes back centuries to point out the reasons for our frantic cultural changes that seem to have originated in the past decade. Instead, he points to changes since the Middle Ages, and Rousseau, Aristotle, and Descartes, as well as including the writings of Marx, and Freud. He also points out some of the incongruence with nature of many of the transgender points of view.

Comment

Comment

I'll just put this here (warning, the video in the article does show some violence)...

Paul Pelosi Body-Cam Footage Largely Vindicates NBC News Reporter Suspended for Retracted Report (msn.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X