No announcement yet.

I will vote for ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barring a last minute miracle, it seems that Kansas voters are in favor of unlimited abortion, available to anyone at anytime, for any reason, or for no reason at all, and paid for by Kansas taxpayers.

Comment

Let's put an honest heartbeat law up for vote.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I think that the abortion issue is about right. I think more people believed that the right would ban it entirely if it passed, as opposed to putting in common sense restrictions if it didn't. So a lot of people aren't for a 100% ban. But I may be missing the point of it entirely.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          We will never get anything honest out of the people in Topeka though. That is the main problem.

Comment

Nearly 125,000 votes on the amendment only it would appear. Currently around 320,000 republicans voted and 220,000 dems and a total of 670,000 and counting for amendment.
            If someone would have told me there were that many registered single issue voters in Kansas I would have laughed. Very Bidenesque result but at least it happened before midnight.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

If you know how to vote, you vote them out. No legislative decision has to continue past the next voting cycle.

The Vote No side could have abortion until the baby is born because the robes are making the decisions. You like robes to make decisions, who you don’t vote for more than legislators who you can vote out?
              My vote is just merely one. The court shouldn't be making laws either. I think some things have finally caught up with a group of the GOP in this state. We may be seeing a shift back to the middle that we once had.

Straight up abortion bans aren't the answer and abortion until the last second isn't either. We won't get setting in the middle with this group in Topeka and the voters knew it.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                Nearly 125,000 votes on the amendment only it would appear. Currently around 320,000 republicans voted and 220,000 dems and a total of 670,000 and counting for amendment.
                If someone would have told me there were that many registered single issue voters in Kansas I would have laughed. Very Bidenesque result but at least it happened before midnight.
                There are alot of people, unfortunately, that don't give a rats ass about who is in office. Kamsas has some of the strictest voting laws in the country. This is going to be a legit vote.

Comment

It is clear Kansas is a blue state. Lot of Registered Republican pretending to be conservative until there is is a vote.
                  Sedgwick county is going blue
                  KC area now runs state politics
                  Rural Kansas is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    It would lose.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

In my opinion, and my opinion only, I believe the politicians put the cart before the horse here.
                      That is such a BS position. Before you can have any conversation or discussion you have unlegislate what the Kansas Supreme Court legislated when they ruled that Abortion is a constitutional right.

You are part of the problem with your fake morality.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

It would lose.
                        I don't think so.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I see A LOT of people spreading fake news that gets gobbled up by the ignorant. Mostly that this is the first domino of the new Nazi Republican party in banning the rights of women, gays, trans, blacks, etc. Just absolutely batsh!t propoganda that they are using to scare tne sheep.

So while most of the red viewed this as an abortion vote...the blue made people think it was much more.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                            I would assume that most, if not all of those, are people like myself who aren't registered as a Dem or Rep. My ballot only had one thing to vote for yesterday and that was the amendment.

There are over 22K registered Libertarians in the state. Over 560K unaffiliated. I'm not sure if the unaffiliated can vote in part primaries in KS or not. My personal opinion is that they shouldn't, as primaries are party votes.

There are just under 2M registered voters in KS. A little higher than I would have guessed.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Very sad to hear it didn't pass. I was surprised it got defeated as soundly as it did.

I am an "extremist" on the issue. No abortions ever, no exceptions for rape, incest (which is a red herring anyways...kind of like the medical marijuana argument). It's a child, a living breathing human being.

If the Kansas Supreme Court was never set up in such a dumb way, we might have avoided this issue. That irks me.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                Barring a last minute miracle, it seems that Kansas voters are in favor of unlimited abortion, available to anyone at anytime, for any reason, or for no reason at all, and paid for by Kansas taxpayers.
                                This is false, as Kansas already has some restrictions on the books. They're not as strict as some would like, but it's also not as drastic as you say.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X