I will vote for ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will vote for ...

ANY politician (Democrat, Republican, Communist Party, Cannibalism Party, I mean A.N.Y. politician) -- that will halt the unsolicited $%*#ing political spam texts being sent to my mobile phone.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

If you're needing a break from the serious, may I present the GOP (sort of) opposition to Sen. Moran in Kansas.

You may or may not remember her from several other failed runs at various offices, but her website is a hoot.

And by hoot, I mean bat **** crazy. She is on the ballot both in Kansas and Oklahoma. Both states for United States Senator as she has a residence in both states, and I quote, "to hopefully get into office in at least one of them!".

Good stuff.

JoanFarr.com

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      If you're needing a break from the serious, may I present the GOP (sort of) opposition to Sen. Moran in Kansas.

You may or may not remember her from several other failed runs at various offices, but her website is a hoot.

And by hoot, I mean bat **** crazy. She is on the ballot both in Kansas and Oklahoma. Both states for United States Senator as she has a residence in both states, and I quote, "to hopefully get into office in at least one of them!".

Good stuff.

JoanFarr.com

I haven't looked into it yet, but I was reading through a summary of who running for what and she was basically described as a nutter who is running based on a number of conspiracy theories. It will be interesting to see how many votes she gets. Moran obviously has nothing to fear.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Umm.....anyone else vote in person today? Anything to report?

I don't know how many times I've voted at my precinct but in the last few years at least 3 general elections and several primaries, and I've never waited more than 3 minutes. There was a line first thing this morning, again around 830 and again at lunch. At least a 40 minute wait each time.

At least in this precinct, this is a turnout far greater than the Presidential election.

Comment

Good stuff.

JoanFarr.com

If she will halt political spam texts to my mobile, I'll vote for her. A few times.

Comment

I don't know how many times I've voted at my precinct but in the last few years at least 3 general elections and several primaries, and I've never waited more than 3 minutes. There was a line first thing this morning, again around 830 and again at lunch. At least a 40 minute wait each time.

At least in this precinct, this is a turnout far greater than the Presidential election.
            We all know I live in a small town. I don't know what voter turnout generally is, but I think it's fairly good in general.

I was at my polling station around 7am. I had zero wait. One person was voting as I walked in. One was leaving as I walked in. One was pulling out of the parking lot as I pulled in. Another left as I was dismounting the bike. When I left, the same lady was still voting but about four people were checking in. Only wait would have been verification as I believe there were eight voting stations there. A couple more pulled in as I was leaving.

But again, that was around 7am. It's typically busiest after work, but can pick up around 730am and again around lunch. I believe during the last presidential election, I waited about 20 minutes to vote, but I also went in after work, which was around 4pm. Which would have been after school had let out and I think there were a lot of parents and such there at that time.

So it's really hard for me to say. I also don't often get to vote during primaries since there's generally nothing on the ballot outside of the R and D primaries. So it's hard to judge what a typical primary turnout is in my town.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I am against unlimited abortion. I am also against abortion being totally outlawed. I am in favor of Kansas laws being created by Kansas legislators. I guess I will be voting yes.

Comment

Tonight will be very interesting.

Comment

Good stuff.

JoanFarr.com

Wow - that site is something else. She had me hooked with this on her home page and I couldn't help but check out the rest of the site:

She did support President Obama briefly in 2007 because he offered to do everything he could to get her off the terrorist watch list. However, after he was elected in 2008, he did nothing.
                  Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                    She had me hooked with this on her home page ...
                    Thanks for making me spew coffee all over my keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      I am against unlimited abortion. I am also against abortion being totally outlawed. I am in favor of Kansas laws being created by Kansas legislators. I guess I will be voting yes.
                      Likewise. Kind of. Morally, I am against all abortion. But I'm also a citizen of the United States of America and I believe that comes with a social responsibility that each of us must balance in our own way. My days of trusting politicians, ALL politicians, are in the rearview mirror. I don't trust elected officials in Kansas to do the will of the people in this area. Voting yes opens that possibility. If the GOP would have aggressively come out for a balanced response (abortions limited to abuse, rape, medical need based on X circumstances etc) IN ANY MANNER (meaning they at least showed an effort to do something) then I would vote yes. And if they did these things in the future, I would vote yes when brought up again. In my opinion, and my opinion only, I believe the politicians put the cart before the horse here.

How the Ks State Supreme Court got so far left is beyond my pay grade. It needs to change, but I guess that's not going to happen in my lifetime. Their ruling is wrong. But for now, it's the law of our great State. The Democrats are generally wrong and also can't be trusted. That doesn't mean I'm automatically taking the other side, much as I'd like to. The GOP saw a chance and jumped at the opportunity to squash the ruling and set up a very important vote during the primary season. Certainly that was done with intent, and the intent wasn't to get the biggest turnout. Play games and you often will be burned. I think the no votes will win, and that sucks. Do it the right way and the yes would have been a landslide victory, most importantly for all the innocent children. But they made this about power, not about doing what's right.

If the yes votes win, we must hold these politicians accountable to put in laws that actually protect all Kansans.

I am furious that I voted no. I didn't want to. I will never want to. I am incredibly disappointed in our elected officials in Kansas. But I am a white male whose opinion doesn't matter, especially in this case.

And that's really all this is....my opinion. Hope everyone is well....I hope everyone votes.

Comment

First time voting in my new location, so I'm not sure of normal turnout. There were quite a few people, in my smaller town, at 230 this afternoon.

I'm with alot of people that don't like abortion, but can't vote yes because I'm afraid it will open Pandoras box for our legislature. I don't trust politicians (either side) and know they don't have our best interest in mind. The law works as it is, and there seem to be lots of lies about what a yes vote will really do.

Comment

Just got home. I've voted at the same precinct for 15 years. Most I've waited has never been more that 5 minutes or so.

Today was 1 1/2 hours.

Never seen anything like it.

Comment

Yikes. Sounds like I might be waiting awhile to vote. Anyone vote on the west side of town?

Comment

Likewise. Kind of. Morally, I am against all abortion. But I'm also a citizen of the United States of America and I believe that comes with a social responsibility that each of us must balance in our own way. My days of trusting politicians, ALL politicians, are in the rearview mirror. I don't trust elected officials in Kansas to do the will of the people in this area. Voting yes opens that possibility. If the GOP would have aggressively come out for a balanced response (abortions limited to abuse, rape, medical need based on X circumstances etc) IN ANY MANNER (meaning they at least showed an effort to do something) then I would vote yes. And if they did these things in the future, I would vote yes when brought up again. In my opinion, and my opinion only, I believe the politicians put the cart before the horse here.

How the Ks State Supreme Court got so far left is beyond my pay grade. It needs to change, but I guess that's not going to happen in my lifetime. Their ruling is wrong. But for now, it's the law of our great State. The Democrats are generally wrong and also can't be trusted. That doesn't mean I'm automatically taking the other side, much as I'd like to. The GOP saw a chance and jumped at the opportunity to squash the ruling and set up a very important vote during the primary season. Certainly that was done with intent, and the intent wasn't to get the biggest turnout. Play games and you often will be burned. I think the no votes will win, and that sucks. Do it the right way and the yes would have been a landslide victory, most importantly for all the innocent children. But they made this about power, not about doing what's right.

If the yes votes win, we must hold these politicians accountable to put in laws that actually protect all Kansans.

I am furious that I voted no. I didn't want to. I will never want to. I am incredibly disappointed in our elected officials in Kansas. But I am a white male whose opinion doesn't matter, especially in this case.

And that's really all this is....my opinion. Hope everyone is well....I hope everyone votes.
                              Sounds like the out of state ad dollars were able to format a point of view that was effective enough to convince you that conservative lawmakers are up to no good. Lib Money well spent, huh?

My opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X