Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supreme Court possibly overturning Roe v Wade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep. Reap what you sow...

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

If you thought there was going to be any other outcome but Kansas becoming an abortion destination, you are delusional.
      Then I'm delusional. I believe the pain is short term and will be remedied when a proper solution is proposed.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Then I'm delusional. I believe the pain is short term and will be remedied when a proper solution is proposed.
        There is no acceptable pro-life solutions that the Kansas Supreme court is willing to accept, but I am sure they would be willing to accept some California solutions.

Comment

There is no acceptable pro-life solutions that the Kansas Supreme court is willing to accept, but I am sure they would be willing to accept some California solutions.
          I'm repeating myself, but if a heartbeat law is proposed as a constitutional amendment and accepted by the voters, neither the Kansas Supreme Court or the governor can do anything to stop it. Only if a statutory proposal is made (which would be seriously foolish while Laura Kelly is in office), would the Kansas Supreme Court and governor quickly sink their claws into it.

Comment

I'm repeating myself, but if a heartbeat law is proposed as a constitutional amendment and accepted by the voters, .
            That is not going to happen. You don't make laws as part of the constitution.

The only path forward is to make it clear in the constitution that abortion is not a constitutional right (which the Kansas Supreme Court has ruled it is), then you can legislate after that.

Comment

That is not going to happen. You don't make laws as part of the constitution.
              The Kansas Bill of Rights can declare that we are allowed to hunt and fish, but not declare the right to life?

Article 15. (Miscellaneous) can declare with specificity what percent of gross receipts must be food in order to sell liquor, but can't impose restrictions on abortion?

Comment

• BTW, I actually agree a statutory solution is likely the only realistic option (but not the best) so it must wait until Laura "Baby-killer" Kelly is voted out at some point, unfortunately. In the meantime someone should propose a heartbeat amendment, just because.

Comment

The Kansas Bill of Rights can declare that we are allowed to hunt and fish, but not declare the right to life?
                  Constitution already has declared the "right to life" under Section 1 of the bill of rights. That right is not recognized by the Kansas supreme court.

Comment

In the meantime someone should propose a heartbeat amendment, just because.
                    Been tried, shot down. Kansas legislature tried in 2013 and 2014 for heartbeat legislation, could not even get it out of committee.

Comment

Been tried, shot down. Kansas legislature tried in 2013 and 2014 for heartbeat legislation, could not even get it out of committee.
                      The winds have changed.

Comment

Constitution already has declared the "right to life" under Section 1 of the bill of rights. That right is not recognized by the Kansas supreme court.

But only men!

Comment

But only men!
                          By today standards, anybody can be a man it seems.

Comment

The winds have changed.
                            It has. That state of Kansas is moving left. Pro-life is not hand's down winning position in the state. Pew polling show it 49% to 49% whether it should be legal or illegal.

Comment

It has. That state of Kansas is moving left. Pro-life is not hand's down winning position in the state. Pew polling show it 49% to 49% whether it should be legal or illegal.
                              Link to poll? If it's black and white then I can see polls looking very strange, but there is a canyon's worth of gray between abortion-at-any-time is legal and zero-abortions-at-any-time-ever.

Comment

Link to poll? If it's black and white then I can see polls looking very strange, but there is a canyon's worth of gray between abortion-at-any-time is legal and zero-abortions-at-any-time-ever.
                                Polls I've seen in the past show that around 2/3's of voters support some restrictions but not a full blown ban. Wording of polls matter a great deal.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X