Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supreme Court possibly overturning Roe v Wade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also (I don’t know if this has already been mentioned,but), I wonder what sort of affect this will have on people moving from Blue states to Red states and if it will help stymie the “Californification” of places?

The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      Also (I don’t know if this has already been mentioned,but), I wonder what sort of affect this will have on people moving from Blue states to Red states and if it will help stymie the “Californification” of places?
      You would think, however They seem more interested in killing unborn Mississippians than in their own policies.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Seen posted in reply to a person with constant references to gender:

Person A: “I don’t want to hear **** from men about my body”

Person B: “I thought you identified as male? Why would you care what a male says about your body? And what are you including as “men” in this argument?”

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Conflating a democratic republic with a social democracy, then a social democracy with mob rule. The oligarchs will destroy you to maintain power.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• I would put this in Humor if it wasn't so accurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                I would put this in Humor if it wasn't so accurate.

Nice find 72.

Those Nazi, heartless, pro life, Christian groups who donate time and money to help young girls who are having tough times, need to be careful.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  I would put this in Humor if it wasn't so accurate.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Guess I shouldn't laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                      Guess I shouldn't laugh.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...CUyBdRv9g&s=19
                      LOL!!!

Comment

• Not an abortion issue, but on the Abortion (death not life) spectrum, this article talks about the danger of Canada's Euthanasia laws. People in Canada are allowed to apply to the government to have medical assisted euthanasia. I think that Washington and a couple of other states allow Assisted Suicide already, but it doesn't go through the government. This is an affront to the elderly, people with disabilities who feel like they aren't having a fulfilling life, people who have experienced trauma/PTSD, and especially people who have depression difficulties. The thing is that we all go through difficult times in life and feel like some darkness. To those who feel extreme darkness, is it right to make dying easy for them. As for me, I want to help my loved ones to experience the sunshine, and birth of a new day, after the feelings of darkness, and get through it.

Anyone who says this can't happen in America, need to read this........

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ws/ar-AA10zlgF

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                          Not an abortion issue, but on the Abortion (death not life) spectrum, this article talks about the danger of Canada's Euthanasia laws. People in Canada are allowed to apply to the government to have medical assisted euthanasia. I think that Washington and a couple of other states allow Assisted Suicide already, but it doesn't go through the government. This is an affront to the elderly, people with disabilities who feel like they aren't having a fulfilling life, people who have experienced trauma/PTSD, and especially people who have depression difficulties. The thing is that we all go through difficult times in life and feel like some darkness. To those who feel extreme darkness, is it right to make dying easy for them. As for me, I want to help my loved ones to experience the sunshine, and birth of a new day, after the feelings of darkness, and get through it.

Anyone who says this can't happen in America, need to read this........

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ws/ar-AA10zlgF
                          As I watch my FIL deteriorate from Alzheimer’s and express desires to die, I hold absolutely no judgment towards those who might desire medical assistance in dying. I’m not smart enough to articulate all the pros and cons to this topic, but I don’t scold those who decide to go this route.
                          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

As I watch my FIL deteriorate from Alzheimer’s and express desires to die, I hold absolutely no judgment towards those who might desire medical assistance in dying. I’m not smart enough to articulate all the pros and cons to this topic, but I don’t scold those who decide to go this route.
                            I have zero issues with those who have a terminal illness, or headed towards something like dementia, choosing to go out on their own terms. Why prolong suffering in such cases if they wish not to go through it? A lot illnesses come with a lot of pain and lack of life outside of a bed. Dementia can be just as bad in a different sense, for both the sufferer and those around them. I've only experienced that on a smaller level as one of my aunts, shortly before she passed, would struggle with certain things. I didn't see her a ton in recent years, but I grew up spending summers with her and her husband and was always a favorite of theirs. Then one day a few years ago, you could see she felt bad as she knew she should know who I was but couldn't place it. It hurt a little. I know it gets much worse than that, and my SIL dealt with it with her mother.

I've talked to a number of people who fear losing who they are and the memories of those around them. If they choose to go peacefully and on their terms, I can't hold it against them.

As to the article about Canada and the guy who suffered from depression and was allowed to die because of some hearing loss, I question the logic in that.

I also wouldn't object to their being a requirement of spending some time with a therapist of some kind before someone completes this journey. To make sure they fully understand their decision and it's not just a case of severe depression that may be able to be helped.

There's no doubt that there's some gray area here and not everyone will agree with assisted suicide, but I can support it in most cases that I've ever heard of.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Most of us have seen these issues in loved ones and friends. lI’ve witnessed long time family members with dementia who were over 100 years old and spent several months on hospice. I’ve also seen several brave men with Parkinson’s Disease who lived deteriorating (both mental and physical) lives for years. They (and their families) had to come to terms with what was happening to them in real life, and the uncertainty of their future. I saw them grieve, cry, prepare, help their wife through cancer (as he was deteriorating with Parkinson’s) ask for prayer, visited with them as they grieved what was happening, and they showed me a life well lived, and how to die with dignity. They voiced many times that they were looking forward to death.

I don't judge people who end their lives, whatever the reason (drug overdoses, suicide, etc). Hospice can make their deaths easier with medication, etc.

However, I don’t think that medical assisted suicide is a good idea, and is a slippery slope. I’m concerned that some people will take advantage of these laws and kill their parents and relatives for monetary gain and could lead to governmental abuses to get rid of people to save money.

i will add that Canadian aging experts in the article I listed above were also saw that slippery slope and were uncomfortable with it.
                              Last edited by Shockm; August 12, 2022, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• I think anytime money is in play, there are going to be bad actors.

"Here Grandpa, sign here and here"
                                "Yeah Grandpa we're just going to the doctor for a few shots"

There are some sick people out there who wouldn't bat an eye doing this.

I understand the sentiment of Physician Assisted Suicide, however I think it could very quickly turn into some sort of dystopian nightmare unless there are a LOT of rules and stipulations.

Comment

Working...
                                X