No announcement yet.

Russia-Ukraine War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U.S. is evacuating US diplomats' families from Ukraine. The administration is also considering deploying US troops, aircraft, and warships to NATO allies in the baltic.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      U.S. is evacuating US diplomats' families from Ukraine. The administration is also considering deploying US troops, aircraft, and warships to NATO allies in the baltic.
      Biden doesn't have the stones.
      Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post

Biden doesn't have the stones.
        Remember Biden is not running the show. But it could also be sleight of hand. The US has sent Putin/Russia a letter and has asked Russia to not disclose the contents of the letter. It will be interesting if the contents get disclosed and who they are trying to sell out.

Meanwhile, Monkeys from a Pennsylvania lab escape...

Comment

Brit Hume @brithume

Which suggests the US is prepared to give Russia something, and maybe several things, in exchange for not invading Ukraine. If that happens, Putin's brinkmanship will have paid off -- again.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Remember Biden is not running the show. But it could also be sleight of hand. The US has sent Putin/Russia a letter and has asked Russia to not disclose the contents of the letter. It will be interesting if the contents get disclosed and who they are trying to sell out.

Meanwhile, Monkeys from a Pennsylvania lab escape...
            Likely backing up the 747 brinks truck to the Moscow airport now. That's how Biden/Obumma roll?

Comment

Lisa Boothe @LisaMarieBoothe

We went from being the biggest & most unpredictable bully on the playground with Trump, to getting our lunch money stolen & stuffed in a locker under Biden.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                Lisa Boothe @LisaMarieBoothe

We went from being the biggest & most unpredictable bully on the playground with Trump, to getting our lunch money stolen & stuffed in a locker under Biden.

Comment

https://twitter.com/TheBabylonBee/st...02097236226053

Biden Warns Russia That If They Invade Ukraine, America Will Evacuate Haphazardly And Leave $86 Billion In Weapons Behind

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    https://twitter.com/TheBabylonBee/st...02097236226053

Biden Warns Russia That If They Invade Ukraine, America Will Evacuate Haphazardly And Leave $86 Billion In Weapons Behind
                    Not too far fetched to believe that this might actually be true.

Comment

• I don't think he invades. It would be an economic disaster and then how does he govern the country that doesn't like Russia?

Here is a comprehensive analysis of options and probabilities: ISW-CT-Forecast-Series_Piece-2.pdf (aei.org)

Comment

• It would be something if the U.S. actually made good on their agreement to defend Ukraine in exchange for them giving up nukes. If Putin launched an incursion and got several thousand Russian troops killed in his failure, that could devastate him politically.

Just thinking of a sceanario that could totally destroy Putin once and for all. It's extremely risky and the U.S. would have to commit. I'm no expert, but like to think of what it would really take for Putin to get beat militarily.

The odds seem in Russia's favor by a lot. But a carrier group in the Black sea could make it interesting.

At the same time, I don't want our guys to really be in harms way. I don't think I could justify that letter to a parent.

Anyway, glad I'm not involved.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• We actually are at the present time a buyer of Russian petroleum that two years ago, the U.S. produced for ourselves, and shipped to democracy partners. Putin recognizes that he is in a good position over us and partners, and China is watching too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                            We actually are at the present time a buyer of Russian petroleum that two years ago, the U.S. produced for ourselves, and shipped to democracy partners. Putin recognizes that he is in a good position over us and partners, and China is watching too.
                            It's not like we don't have any capability. Not that Biden would do it (even though it would be a great idea), that spigot could be opened back up.

Comment

• I feel for Ukraine, but I'm on the fence about sending our boys over there to protect their border from invasion. However, I am in favor of sending our boys down to the Mexican border to stop the invasion that is happening down there.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

It's not like we don't have any capability. Not that Biden would do it (even though it would be a great idea), that spigot could be opened back up.
                                Congress doesn't have the power to open up the spigot (and do away with regulations on petroleum), and restart the pipeline from Canada, so it will be almost 3 years away for the U.S. to have relief on petroleum inflation. That would put a big dent in our 7% inflation, and hopefully, we don't have stagflation happening anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X