Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Here is the IEA’s 10-point plan
    1. Reduce speed limits on highways by at least 10 mph.
    2. Work from home up to three days a week where possible.
    3. Car-free Sundays in cities
    4. Make the use of public transport cheaper and incentivize micromobility, walking, and cycling.
    5. Alternate private car access to roads in large cities.
    6. Increase car-sharing and adopt practices to reduce fuel use.
    7. Promote efficient driving for freight trucks and delivery of goods.
    8. Using high-speed and night trains instead of planes where possible.
    9. Avoid business air travel where alternative options exist.
    10. Reinforce the adoption of electric and more efficient vehicles.
    The international energy agency doesn’t set US policy. We will see where it goes from here.
    Livin the dream

Comment

I bet that’ll go over real well right after Covid

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
        I bet that’ll go over real well right after Covid
        Right? PLEASE just try it Biden and AOC. Right before midterms, push on this full throttle!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Or we could just allow domestic oil producers to supply more oil...

I swear, the 'smartest' people have the dumbest solutions. Whatever those elaborate chain reaction setups are that end up completing a simple task is what our government and elites do without even trying.

And none of these people ever suffer or sacrifice in these quests.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I think Q3 will make things clear that we're in the very beginnings of a long recession, possibly depression. Consumers have kept things afloat, however that well is just about dried up. I blame Yellen and all those experts on dismissing inflation, among other things. I don't think either political party knows what to do at this point.

Comment

The worst shortage you haven't heard of

Shrinking supplies of Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) now threaten America's transportation system.

The impact of urea supply shortages on food inflation will be compounded by distribution failures if additional DEF resources are not procured immediately.

DEF is an emissions control liquid required by the EPA in diesel engines manufactured after 2010 as an "aftertreatment technology" to reduce vehicle emissions. This additive is required for most modern diesel truck fleets. Without it, many trucks cannot exceed five miles per hour in speed, or even be started. Truckers are now reporting increasing DEF shortages around the nation.

China cut back DEF manufacturing last year, leading to the current threat.

DEF is composed of water (67.5%) and urea (32.5%). The Biden administration has not announced plans to avert the DEF crisis, having failed to present proposals to counter inflation, baby formula inventories, gas prices, or America's porous southern border. Rather than succumb to degrading dependency on China even for the ability to truck food from California to Connecticut, Americans must quickly craft domestic market solutions to this growing threat.

A modest proposal might employ human urine (once used as a tooth whitener) as a solution: it contains about 2% urea.

It is not clear whether manufacturing fixes can be implemented in diesel truck fleets to make them operable sans DEF. China may resume exports of urea, but the high prices of natural gas (the primary resource for its manufacture) ensure that it will remain costly. Australia is similarly DEF-dependent and facing a crisis. Europe exports DEF but is struggling with natural gas shortages that are restricting production.

As to DEF and urea shortages, this POTUS does not appear to have even a pot to pee in.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                I think Q3 will make things clear that we're in the very beginnings of a long recession, possibly depression. Consumers have kept things afloat, however that well is just about dried up. I blame Yellen and all those experts on dismissing inflation, among other things.
                I don't think either political party knows what to do at this point.
                It doesn't matter what the Republicans think regarding the economy at this point. The Biden administration and Democrats controls all of the monetary policies (regulating oil, Natural Gas, and the regulatory policies toward the Green New Deal), and the administrations continuing rhetoric is confirming that they are an untrustworthy energy partner. Additionally, they are refusing to work together to find solutions.

Truthfully, the only way out of the inflationary spiral, is for the Federal Reserve to raise the interest rates to equal or above the rate of inflation. That will definitely cause a recession. The Fed isn't willing to raise rates yet (out of concern for a recession), but I agree with you that at some point, they will have to make a sharp rate increase.

I think Q3 will make things clear that we're in the very beginnings of a long recession, possibly depression.
                I don't think a depression will occur because we have better monetary safeguards to protect our financial systems, but you are likely correct that a lengthy recession is a strong possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Shrinking supplies of Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) now threaten America's transportation system.

The impact of urea supply shortages on food inflation will be compounded by distribution failures if additional DEF resources are not procured immediately.

DEF is an emissions control liquid required by the EPA in diesel engines manufactured after 2010 as an "aftertreatment technology" to reduce vehicle emissions. This additive is required for most modern diesel truck fleets. Without it, many trucks cannot exceed five miles per hour in speed, or even be started. Truckers are now reporting increasing DEF shortages around the nation.

DEF is composed of water (67.5%) and urea (32.5%). The Biden administration has not announced plans to avert the DEF crisis, having failed to present proposals to counter inflation, baby formula inventories, gas prices, or America's porous southern border. Rather than succumb to degrading dependency on China even for the ability to truck food from California to Connecticut, Americans must quickly craft domestic market solutions to this growing threat.

A modest proposal might employ human urine (once used as a tooth whitener) as a solution: it contains about 2% urea.

It is not clear whether manufacturing fixes can be implemented in diesel truck fleets to make them operable sans DEF. China may resume exports of urea, but the high prices of natural gas (the primary resource for its manufacture) ensure that it will remain costly. Australia is similarly DEF-dependent and facing a crisis. Europe exports DEF but is struggling with natural gas shortages that are restricting production.

As to DEF and urea shortages, this POTUS does not appear to have even a pot to pee in.
                  And just a simple programming mod would take care of the issue. But this idiotic administration wouldn't be getting their way if that was allowed. There are lots of vehicles that have had it done, albeit illegally, and they run just fine.

I've also seen, but have no clue if it is true, that some trucks can use just water in place of DEF.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

It doesn't matter what the Republicans think regarding the economy at this point. The Biden administration and Democrats controls all of the monetary policies (regulating oil, Natural Gas, and the regulatory policies toward the Green New Deal), and the administrations continuing rhetoric is confirming that they are an untrustworthy energy partner. Additionally, they are refusing to work together to find solutions.

Truthfully, the only way out of the inflationary spiral, is for the Federal Reserve to raise the interest rates to equal or above the rate of inflation. That will definitely cause a recession. The Fed isn't willing to raise rates yet (out of concern for a recession), but I agree with you that at some point, they will have to make a sharp rate increase.

I don't think a depression will occur because we have better monetary safeguards to protect our financial systems, but you are likely correct that a lengthy recession is a strong possibility.
                    There are other options…you can raise taxes to match inflation and pay off American foreign debt, or increase the number of goods being manufactured at a greater rate than wages.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post

And just a simple programming mod would take care of the issue. But this idiotic administration wouldn't be getting their way if that was allowed. There are lots of vehicles that have had it done, albeit illegally, and they run just fine.

I've also seen, but have no clue if it is true, that some trucks can use just water in place of DEF.
                      How much urea is in cat piss? That stuff wreaks! I'm betting you could just squeeze ol' Snaggles over a funnel and get your truck down the road.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

How much urea is in cat piss? That stuff wreaks! I'm betting you could just squeeze ol' Snaggles over a funnel and get your truck down the road.
                        For some reason that reminded me of a South Park episode where everyone was getting high off cat piss. Ha

Instead of donating plasma, donate your whizz. They'll call them piss points. Redeem your piss points for awesome prizes.

Comment

For some reason that reminded me of a South Park episode where everyone was getting high off cat piss. Ha

Instead of donating plasma, donate your whizz. They'll call them piss points. Redeem your piss points for awesome prizes.
                          They can give away collection devices, with free catheters.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post

Using water dilutes the urea. Once it’s not there to absorb and disguise the nitrogen, it sends the truck into limp mode.
                            Deleting DEF is not necessarily illegal.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog..._heard_of.html

It is fairly clear at this point that to the current progressive left, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, bows a knee to environmental interests. Literally nothing else matters to these religious zealots. They will burn the US economy to the ground so that a half of a degree of warming can be averted over the next 100 years and they therefore can irrationally sleep better at night. All the while, China, Russia, India, and the well-to-do Arab states laugh themselves into unconsciousness of this intentional grounding of the strongest economy on Earth. The void will be filled, happily.

The full scale, unhindered economic retardation is in full regalia at the moment. Hopefully this is a moment of clarity and change for that segment of electorate who got us into this mess. Probably not though.

(And keep in mind, DEF fluid reduces smog associated with particulate release, NOT CO emissions.)

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

There are other options…you can raise taxes to match inflation and pay off American foreign debt, or increase the number of goods being manufactured at a greater rate than wages.
                                High Inflation plus High Taxes. We already have increased Kansas (Sedgwick County)Property Tax. Great Option

Comment

Working...
                                X