Trial on Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

One, they didn't know the law. Two, if they thought they needed to brandish a firearm, they shouldn't be there. Three, if they called the police and they just didn't come out, take pictures of the suspect from a short distance. Four, continue to follow, but don't engage for as long as it is safe to do so.

While they were undoubtably provoking Arbery by following him and them handling a gun. I still feel Arbrey initiated the scuffle and in no way, should have grabbed the barrel of the rifle. That wasn't and didn't end well for them or him. Stupid is as stupid does. And that's all I've got to say about that.
    One: Are you saying the police didn’t know the law? It sure seems that way.

Two: they weren’t brandishing, they were open carrying, and one of the items stolen was a firearm. So you want someone that stole your gun hanging around your neighborhood? I don’t.

Three: they did call the police. The police told them to take care of it, and they had already provided numerous pics and vids to the cops and filmed this and provided it to the police.

Four: This was the felony!!!! They weren’t allowed to follow him so says the law.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I have heard of Neighborhood Associations having meetings and inviting police to visit with the citizens, regarding their options, and what they should do.
      And they did that. That’s the thing that bothers me about this. The police were relying on the citizens to do their job, and when they made a police level mistake, they got hung out to dry. If they were uniformed officers, it would have been written off as justified immediately. Now they weren’t uniformed officers, and because of that what they did was a bad idea, but I freaking understand why they would do it and it had nothing to do with skin color.

Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

One: Are you saying the police didn’t know the law? It sure seems that way.

Two: they weren’t brandishing, they were open carrying, and one of the items stolen was a firearm. So you want someone that stole your gun hanging around your neighborhood? I don’t.

Three: they did call the police. The police told them to take care of it, and they had already provided numerous pics and vids to the cops and filmed this and provided it to the police.

Four: This was the felony!!!! They weren’t allowed to follow him so says the law.
        One: NO.

Two: That depends on the level of threat perceived by the person being pursued.

Three: If the police had that video inside the remodel beforehand, I'd be interested in knowing why he was not at least questioned by police and told not to enter private property or bust him for breaking parole. Still didn't give the trio a lawful reason to do what they did.

Four: Guess if they hadn't had their guns out, they'd at least be getting out someday. And if they thought he might have had a gun, they were just stupid for their actions as it wouldn't (and didn't) end well.

Again, Arbrey made the stupid move to physically engage. I guess he took them with him though.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

One: NO.

Two: That depends on the level of threat perceived by the person being pursued.

Three: If the police had that video inside the remodel beforehand, I'd be interested in knowing why he was not at least questioned by police and told not to enter private property or bust him for breaking parole. Still didn't give the trio a lawful reason to do what they did.

Four: Guess if they hadn't had their guns out, they'd at least be getting out someday. And if they thought he might have had a gun, they were just stupid for their actions as it wouldn't (and didn't) end well.

Again, Arbrey made the stupid move to physically engage. I guess he took them with him though.
          On brandishing, that’s not how that works. The police didn’t do their job and outsourced it to civilians that no chef it.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

On brandishing, that’s not how that works. The police didn’t do their job and outsourced it to civilians that no chef it.
            OK. It didn't meet the total definition. Nevertheless, they were following/chasing/waiting for him and made it clear they had guns out. Enough so that he felt he needed to try and take it away from someone much bigger than he and risked grabbing it by the barrel.

Totally agree with your second statement.

Comment

Past racist statements came back to haunt McMichael

The three contended that they weren't racists. They only went after Arbery because he was committing crimes. Only they never could tie Arbery to any crimes being committed. However, they had made racist comments on their social media that could be tied back to them.

For instance, in 2018, Travis McMichael commented on a Facebook video of a Black man playing a prank on a white person: “I’d kill that f----ing n----r.” Some witnesses testified they heard the McMichaels' racist statements firsthand. A woman who served under Travis McMichael in the U.S. Coast Guard a decade ago said he called her “n——r lover,” after learning she'd dated a Black man. Another woman testified Greg McMichael had ranted angrily in 2015 when she remarked on the death of civil rights activist Julian Bond, saying, “All those Blacks are nothing but trouble.”

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/news/nation-w...#storylink=cpy
              Last edited by Shockm; February 22, 2022, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X