2022 Mid-Term Elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Mid-Term Elections

Rep. G.K. Butterfield, D-N.C., is set to announce his retirement from the House in a move that will deal another blow to Democrats' chances of keeping control of the chamber in the midterm elections.

Rep. G.K. Butterfield, D-N.C., is set to announce his retirement from the House in a move that will deal another blow to Democrats' chances of keeping control of the chamber in the midterm elections.
    Butterfield's planned retirement comes the same week as Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., and Rep. Jackie Speier, D-Calif., announced their retirements, adding to a flow of Democratic incumbents that have announced their departure from Congress. A total of 11 Democrats have announced that they will not be seeking reelection in 2022, compared to nine Republicans who plan to retire.
    His retirement is another blow to Democrats as the party clings to an already thin majority ahead of next year's midterm elections. Some analysts believe that the GOP is set to flip at least five seats due to redistricting alone, the exact number of seats the party would need to flip in order to regain the majority in the chamber.

The Republicans appear to be in the drivers seat in the midterms, not because of anything they have done, but because of everything the Biden administration has fukked up.

Comment

NC-1 is an odd district. It's been HEAVILY Democratic until 2020 when it was only a DEM +10 for this seat. That seems an odd turnout to me. This seat MIGHT be competitive.

It's highly unlikely that Vermont is going to elect a GOP member for Senate, regardless of Leahy's retirement.

Jackie Speier retiring means zilch. California 14 has run DEM +59, DEM +59, DEM +61 last 3 Congressional Elections. Unless the State is forced to give up that district during the redistricting phase (and since California is run by the far left) I don't see this pegging any needle.

Comment

Vice President Kamala Harris and former First Lady Michelle Obama are in the lead for a 2024 presidential run if President Biden decides not to try for a second term, a new Hill-HarrisX poll found.The poll found Harris in the lead among likely candidates, with 13 percent of respondents supporting her. Michelle Obama came in second at 10 percent. All other candidates listed received 5 percent or less support, with most voters surveyed still...

Comment

Easy to understand why 49% polled are unsure or pick someone other than the ones listed: Harris, M Obama, Warren, Booker, Bloomberg, Sanders, Yang, and Buttigieg.

Comment

I imagine it will be Buttigieg and I can't believe I am saying that

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              I imagine it will be Buttigieg and I can't believe I am saying that
              It will be an as of yet unknown…or M Obama.
              Livin the dream

Comment

https://www.yahoo.com/news/seven-mos...222115375.html

dem gov

Comment

This is pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                  X