Happy Monthly Child Tax Credit Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

But, what about the people studying the mating habits of the Vulva Wasp in Madagascar? They need their $550,000 a year.
    Isn't that what GoFundMe is for?

Which reminds me, donations to causes deemed worthy by the people could still be supported by those of us who would now have more money. There have been causes/organizations I'd have loved to donate more to if I had the means. I know I'm not alone in that. Plus, this would encourage more localized support for people/causes and with government out of the way it would be more effective and still receive the funding they would need. Government regulations and roadblocks harm and disrupt a number of good causes and people who try and meet the needs of their local communities.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

I’m only for a flat tax if it’s 0%
      Well I definitely want a military, so I'm okay with a reasonable flat tax to cover that cost instead of having an income tax. My fear is they would eventually just implement both.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        People would have much fewer issues with some/small federal tax if the government was less involved in our lives and still fit within the realms of its design. The income tax is just plain bad. A small consumption tax of non-necessary items (food/water and such) would be more palatable to many. That should really be enough to pay for what the government is actually necessary and we could get rid of all of the bullshit the government is involved with that it shouldn't be.

National defense. Arbitrating trade and whatnot between States. A little bit of oversight here and there. That's about it.

Just think how great the economy would be if we all had an extra 20-30% to spend or save and do with as we please. I know the few thousand dollars taken from me every year would go to pretty good use. I doubt the government is actually benefiting us more than we would benefit ourselves and each other.
        I’m for smaller Government too, and a regressive flat tax model would do that, among other lowered income tax models could do that. That’s totally reasonable and doable, even though it seems unlikely in today’s political climate, With Biden in power, and many Congressmen/women who don’t have the will to cut taxes. However, “Pie in the Sky” ideas (like passing a Constitutional Amendment to cross out past permission of a federal income tax to a zero income tax) that have zero chance of happening are a waste of time imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I’m for smaller Government too, and a regressive flat tax model would do that, among other lowered income tax models could do that. That’s totally reasonable and doable, even though it seems unlikely in today’s political climate, With Biden in power, and many Congressmen/women who don’t have the will to cut taxes. However, “Pie in the Sky” ideas (like passing a Constitutional Amendment to cross out past permission of a federal income tax to a zero income tax) that have zero chance of happening are a waste of time imo.
          If it’s righteous, but too hard, best to ignore it.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

If it’s righteous, but too hard, best to ignore it.
            I don’t think it’s righteous. I’m willing to pay some taxes for the general welfare (other citizens)of our country.
            Last edited by Shockm; July 19, 2021, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I don’t think it’s righteous. I’m willing to pay some taxes for the general welfare (other citizens)of our country.
              I’m willing to pay taxes, but for federalize welfare? Nah. There’s no reason it has to come out of a paycheck. It’s a government skim.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
              X