Teachers do more harm than cops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Private school if you can afford it. If you can't, spend quality time de-radicalizing your mal-educated child.
    Meeting with a private school on Monday. The president of our PTO wants all the parents to talk about their white privilege.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Have you ever wondered if the narrative that your average teacher is biased towards Leftist ideologies was created and spread by those who look through the lens of your typical Rattlesnake Baptist Church member? Do you not think an orthodox Muslim parent would also hold some very strong, opposing opinions? Perhaps the average teacher is just taking the middle ground to... once again, be able to relate to the largest audience possible.
      No, it was a leftist that did the study. His name escapes me but he’s a prominent sociologist.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

His drug dealer in the car sold him a weeks worth of drugs. Floyd took them all to avoid the possession charge. He died of an over dose.

That doesn’t mean Chauvin did nothing wrong, but he didn’t kill Floyd, whom said he couldn’t breathe about a dozen times before he was even restrained.
        As an EMT, if you can talk, you can breathe.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Meeting with a private school on Monday. The president of our PTO wants all the parents to talk about their white privilege.
          You wont regret it. It was a commitment for us, but worth every dollar and every minute of drive time.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Hmmmm. Can you expound on the details of that request more? Sounds disturbing.

Comment

She posted a meme on Facebook about white privilege and then an article about white people disrupting racism. She tagged it as, “McPherson, we can do better!”
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Far more bad teachers than bad cops. They are so protected by their all powerful union.
                Yeah... good thing the same thing doesn't happen with cops.

LOL! LOLOL!

Honestly, I think bad behavior on the part of a teacher gets them fired way, WAY more than when the same situation happens on the LEO end. You'll never see the wagons circle with more efficiency and impenetrability than when a bad cop is exposed. In my opinion (worth as much as you paid for it), that's one of the foundational problems at the heart of anti-social LEO behavior (when it happens by a small minority), and how it seems like it's essentially impossible to filter the bad seeds out of law enforcement. There's maybe not a harder government employee to fire than a cop, sure seems like. Good cops defending bad cops makes for some real big picture WTF's.

That teacher is a massive clown by the way, if by chance it came across as me defending her. Nope. Teachers imbuing a worldview and shaping biases is a huge problem as well. We have arseholes that need to be flushed out from both sides (cops and teachers).

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  We have arseholes that need to be flushed out from both sides (cops and teachers).
                  One thing both groups have in common is that they are both unionized government employees.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

One thing both groups have in common is that they are both unionized government employees.

Not all public school teachers are union. For a long time my wife wasn’t.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

My wife and her husband won’t join the Union.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Teacher wife here too. Not a union member, which is not that unusual outside of the USD 259 realm. Her co-workers are a mix of political leanings - certainly not all left, and everyone gets along just fine.

Comment

Not all public school teachers or policemen are bad (not even close). Not all unionized public school teachers or unionized policemen are bad (still not even close). But are all bad public school teachers and bad policemen union members?

Probably not, but the vast majority of the bad ones are not being fired because they are being protected by unions.

Comment

Yeah, I think we tend to overly generalize populations based a single characteristic. Usually I he threshold for generalizations is 10-20% of a given population. We should all try to remember that 80+% are not to blame for the issues we see.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

I saw McPherson in the news last night. What is the issue? One can never really tell from the news who sometimes can make a huge problem out of a small one.

Is it a small town dealing with major race issues? A few people getting worked up over nothing? Or a few people upset for a legitimate reason, and legitimate problem, over racial issues which no matter how small, need to be addressed or discussed by the school community in some way?

Another option may be that people on here from McPherson don't know enough about the problem to answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                                I saw McPherson in the news last night. What is the issue? One can never really tell from the news who sometimes can make a huge problem out of a small one.

Is it a small town dealing with major race issues? A few people getting worked up over nothing? Or a few people upset for a legitimate reason, and legitimate problem, over racial issues which no matter how small, need to be addressed or discussed by the school community in some way?

Another option may be that people on here from McPherson don't know enough about the problem to answer.
                                I know of no specific issues in McPherson. There is an ideological battle between the huge (relative to the size of the county) manufacturing/agricultural base and the wealthy oil producers and VPs that populate the county with the second highest income in the state. A lot cultural hubris between the camps.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X