Republicans vs. Democrats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Republicans vs. Democrats

A strange video was suggested to me by YouTube the other day. Never been a huge George Carlin fan, but I watched about 5 minutes. I was amazed to hear how many legal issues Reagan's administration faced while he was in office. I don't have a strong recollection of that time period, but it sounded surprisingly similar to the struggles faced by a more recent administration...

Naturally, I decided to do a little Googling to see how past Democrat administrations matched up against the party of "Law and Order"!

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...trump-reagan-/

A Facebook post said that there have been 317 criminal indictments under three recent Republican presidents and only three under three recent Democratic presidents.

The claim is essentially on target for the Democratic presidents, but the comparison to the GOP presidents is overstated, because the numbers of Trump and Nixon administration indictments claimed are greatly exaggerated.

Even so, with a generous count, there were roughly 142 people indicted in the three GOP presidents — far less than 317, but far more than the two under the Democrats.
    Weird huh?

Definitely unbiased.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Unplug and unite!

Comment

Republicans want to end in a friendly tie. Democrats want to win by a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Republicans want to end in a friendly tie. Democrats want to win by a lot.
          I’d say they both want power, but the Democrats have a better strategy. The Republicans aren’t aware that the rules of the game can be rewritten to maintain power when you are in power.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

I’d say they both want power, but the Democrats have a better strategy. The Republicans aren’t aware that the rules of the game can be rewritten to maintain power when you are in power.
            I think the Republicans know that. It was a straight party line vote. The one or two Democrat moderates rolled over for the extreme left in a 50/50 Senate and Congress. What strategy was an alternative for the Republicans? The swing districts may be in play for Republicans.

Comment

An interesting story I just heard about regarding an Iowa district that has been certified by the State of Iowa (the Holy Grail as stated by Democrats, and the courts during the Presidential Election disputes. The Congressional election was won, according to the State of Iowa, by just 6 votes by the Republican candidate, and certified by the State of Iowa as I already stated, and the Democrats are contesting 22 votes, but haven’t received the support of the courts yet. The Republican candidate has been representing her Congressional district as the winner during a court challenge, but now Pelosi is refusing to seat her officially, even though she has no standing to do so. The world, Pelosi, and the Democrat Party is hypocritical, and consumed with winning, no matter how they do it. If the Dems win, this will be an unprecedented election.

https://www.rollcall.com/2021/03/10/...-six-vote-win/

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Sounds like he needs one of those kfc chicken legs he brought previously and thought he was so cute. Might be hangry...

Comment

I’m with Tim also…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Lisa Boothe @LisaMarieBoothe

All Democrats have for the midterms is to weaponize Jan. 6. They no longer have Trump. The economy sucks, cities are war zones, Biden is in cognitive decline, and everyone hates Kamala.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Lisa Boothe @LisaMarieBoothe

All Democrats have for the midterms is to weaponize Jan. 6. They no longer have Trump. The economy sucks, cities are war zones, Biden is in cognitive decline, and everyone hates Kamala.
                        Hence the need for them to continue to push the Covid lockdowns and "variants".

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Hence the need for them to continue to push the Covid lockdowns and "variants".
                          You can't stop now....if you do, it invalidates your previous tactics. The problem is, for the kookies, is when DO you actually stop? And what about next flu season?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

You can't stop now....if you do, it invalidates your previous tactics. The problem is, for the kookies, is when DO you actually stop? And what about next election cycle?
                              FTFY
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                              X