Big Tech Cancel Culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABC View Post
    Rogan is kind of a contrarian. He is probably a bit left of center, but doesn't hesitate to point out inconsistencies or any silliness from the left.

My problem is that his podcast to too long. I think it is 3 hours? The guy has talent, which reminds me of Rush Limbaugh. No matter what you thought about Rush, being able to talk for three hours, five days a week for decades and keep people tuned in is a unique talent.
    The length of all of them is my biggest issue. Lex is really really good, but will put you to sleep because of it's dryness. Malice is an hour and he is pretty entertaining.

What I like is that most of them go into depth and really try to delve into the why on a lot of issues, and also don't discredit any sources out of hand, no matter how crazy. Which is where you get some entertaining topics.

But the bottom line is that it evokes thought and the opposite of indoctrination. The common denominator is question everything.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Trump plans to launch TRUTH social media app on Feb 21st - https://www.reuters.com/world/us/tru...ws-2022-01-06/

Former President Donald Trump's new media venture plans to launch its social media app Truth Social on Feb. 21, according to an Apple Inc (AAPL.O) App Store listing.

TRUTH Social, the Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) alternative to Twitter (TWTR.N), is available for pre-order before going live on the U.S. Presidents' Day holiday.

Similar to Twitter, the app offers features to follow other people and trending topics, according to demo photos. Its message equivalent of a tweet will be dubbed "truth".
      The launch is expected to be the first of three stages in TMTG's development. The second would be a subscription video-on-demand service called TMTG+ with entertainment, news and podcasts, according to the company website. A November investor presentation indicated that TMTG also wants to launch a podcast network.
      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Yay. Another social media "alternative" that will only have people who already agree with themselves.

Comment

Which will make it every bit as bad as, if not worse than, Twitter and FB.

We know which way those corporate social media outlets lean and that they show favoritism in how they choose to enforce their rules, but other voices can still be heard and discussions had. They're far from perfect, but it's better than any alternative that ends up being nothing but one voice over and over and over.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Rumble CEO offers Joe Rogan $100 million to move to Rumble - https://www.newsweek.com/joe-rogan-c...-offer-1676882

On the same day it was reported that Spotify CEO Daniel Ek apologized to employees but maintained his commitment to keeping Joe Rogan's podcast on the platform, video hosting website Rumble tweeted at Rogan, offering to match the $100 million deal the podcaster reportedly signed to host his podcast exclusively on Spotify.

"How about you bring all your shows to Rumble, both old and new, with no censorship, for 100 million bucks over four years?" read the statement signed by Rumble CEO Chris Pavlovski.

Comment

If I were Joe Rogan I would take the Rumble deal but not sure if he can unilaterally disengage from Spotify.

Comment

Alexa Refuses To Play Joe Rogan's Podcast

https://rumble.com/vufkt0-alexa-refu...s-podcast.html

(Hey, Kung Wu , would there happen to be a board software update that includes Rumble as a supported embedded video?)
                Last edited by RoyalShock; February 10, 2022, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  If I were Joe Rogan I would take the Rumble deal but not sure if he can unilaterally disengage from Spotify.
                  Given where their new HQ is at (Longboat Key, FL), I'd take a $100 signing bonus to move and work there.

Comment

I went to look at Babylon Bee's twitter account to try to find a tweet of a recent story to post in another thread and found they hadn't posted anything since March 20. Turns out Twitter suspended their account because of the tweet below (https://twitter.com/TheBabylonBee/st...25449285300228) saying it was hateful and that Twitter would unlock the account once Babylon Bee deleted the tweet. Babylon Bee is refusing to delete it and wrote about it - https://babylonbee.com/news/twitter-...t-down-the-bee

Comment

Elon Musk did a poll about if Twitter adheres to free speech and a couple million people responded to the poll and 70% said no (https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1507259709224632344). Musk then hinted about maybe starting a new platform or even just buying Twitter and changing it :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                        Elon Musk did a poll about if Twitter adheres to free speech and a couple million people responded to the poll and 70% said no. Musk then hinted about maybe starting a new platform or even just buying Twitter and changing it :)
                        Hard to believe that 30% voted yes.

Comment

Twitter is a sewer anyway. Best to just avoid it and let it rot on the vine.b
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Interesting stuff the last couple weeks between Musk and Twitter. He quietly bought 9% of stock in the company and today offered to buy the company today and take it private. Stock was around $39 when he announced he had bought his shares and jumped up to $49 on the news of his 9% stake before coming back down to around $45 today. Musk said he'd buy the rest of the stock for around $54 a share. Reports this afternoon seem to indicate one of the largest shareholders and the board seem to think the offer is too low. Musk has said he'd rather just sell his current shares than pay more than his offering price, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

On a side note, there's a company called Digital World Acquisition Corp that is publicly traded and the plans are for Trump to merge his media platform with it. It's stock has tumbled the last couple weeks because people think if Musk takes over Twitter, he'll lift Trump's ban and Trump won't need his own social media platform anymore.

One other Twitter related thing. Last year a guy bought a NTF of the first tweet from Twitter founder Jack Dorsey for almost $3 million. He put it up for sale via an online auction site and listed it at $48 million and said he'd give half the proceeds to charity. The auction is over and there was only 6 bids and the highest was for just $277 :) The guy has 2 days to decide what to do regarding the bidding - I imagine he's going to decline the high bid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                              Interesting stuff the last couple weeks between Musk and Twitter. He quietly bought 9% of stock in the company and today offered to buy the company today and take it private. Stock was around $39 when he announced he had bought his shares and jumped up to $49 on the news of his 9% stake before coming back down to around $45 today. Musk said he'd buy the rest of the stock for around $54 a share. Reports this afternoon seem to indicate one of the largest shareholders and the board seem to think the offer is too low. Musk has said he'd rather just sell his current shares than pay more than his offering price, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

On a side note, there's a company called Digital World Acquisition Corp that is publicly traded and the plans are for Trump to merge his media platform with it. It's stock has tumbled the last couple weeks because people think if Musk takes over Twitter, he'll lift Trump's ban and Trump won't need his own social media platform anymore.

One other Twitter related thing. Last year a guy bought a NTF of the first tweet from Twitter founder Jack Dorsey for almost $3 million. He put it up for sale via an online auction site and listed it at $48 million and said he'd give half the proceeds to charity. The auction is over and there was only 6 bids and the highest was for just $277 :) The guy has 2 days to decide what to do regarding the bidding - I imagine he's going to decline the high bid.
                              Trumps media platform is tanking because it’s a disaster.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Trumps media platform is tanking because it’s a disaster.
                                How so?
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X