Assault on the Capitol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

I actively seek to not know the other posters. I accidentally stumbled on to one and it was someone I would have respected had I not had access to the ramblings straight from their id. It was better when I knew that most people on here didn't know **** about basketball. Now I know they just don't know ****.
    lol I would actually be for having a Shockernet meetup after the virus has finished deciding who lives and who dies. I did this on another board once long ago. It's terrible for future activity though as everybody goes full kumbaya afterwards. It's amazing the balls anonymity affords a fella...

I've found the most serious people on message boards are goofs in real life and the goofs on message boards are very serious people in real life. It's all a matter of which reality your true personal identity primarily lies. Hint: it's better if it's not on the Internet.

Comment

I actively seek to not know the other posters. I accidentally stumbled on to one and it was someone I would have respected had I not had access to the ramblings straight from their id. It was better when I knew that most people on here didn't know **** about basketball. Now I know they just don't know ****.
      Guess you fit in well here then...

Comment

Lol. The Legislature has zero command over the military. Only oversight and budgetary control. No doubt that Sergeant at Arms screwed the pooch, but you have a fundamental misunderstanding of chain of command.
        Why fire CP leaders if the S at A and Sund weren’t at fault? The Mission of the CP says they are responsible for protecting the lawmakers, and citizens Cap. Grounds, and facilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Why fire CP leaders if the S at A and Sund weren’t at fault? The Mission of the CP says they are responsible for protecting the lawmakers, and citizens Cap. Grounds, and facilities.
          Two separate issues.

Capitol Police totally unprepared for what seemingly everyone but then knew was going to be a shitstorm. They had to fall on their swords for that.

National Guard told to be on standby only for overflow traffic control. Only brought in late allegedly on a call from Pence, which opens its own constitutional can of worms.

Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Can’t find where this came up, but someone earlier asked why were police holding the door open for people on Jan 6. The answer I found was that certain areas of the Capitol are open to the public and they entered those areas. Other areas were closed to the public and illegal trespass and breaking and entering (at minimum) occurred.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• I found this:
              https://www.visitthecapitol.gov/plan...ohibited-items

Capitol visitor policies are designed to keep visitors and staff safe and secure and to preserve the collections, facilities, and historic building and grounds for generations to come.

Before entering the Capitol Visitor Center, all visitors are screened by a magnetometer and all items that are permitted inside the building are screened by an x-ray device. The following items are strictly prohibited in the Capitol, including the Capitol Visitor Center:
              • Liquid, including water
              • Food or beverages of any kind, including fruit and unopened packaged food
              • Aerosol containers
              • Non-aerosol spray (Prescriptions for medical needs are permitted.)
              • Any pointed object, e.g. knitting needles and letter openers (Pens and pencils are permitted.)
              • Any bag larger than 18" wide x 14" high x 8.5" deep
              • Electric stun guns, martial arts weapons or devices
              • Guns, replica guns, ammunition, and fireworks
              • Knives of any size
              • Mace and pepper spray
              • Razors and box cutters

Who wants to make a wager with me that the protesters did not go through the magnetometer. Hell, about half our Republican congressmen evidently don't want to go through them, so that would make the person who wanted to make that bet a sucker.

Not going through security is a breach of policy. Especially if they did it a disorderly manner.

Not only that, if the protesters got close to secured facilities, like a SCIF, that would probably be another charge.

The ones carrying prohibited items will also get hit with additional charges.

Unless the Capitol Police Officers involved use the excuse that they opened the doors to prevent vandalism and damage, or to protect life, they don't have a leg to stand on and may lose their jobs. Plus I would bet that that there are post orders requiring security ensure all visitors pass through screening. That is also potentially in play here and would also subject the officers holding the door open to 'disciplinary action up to and including termination'.

Some of these protesters (I'd call them yoo-hoos) can use the excuse that they did not know better (pretty lame) but LEO and the Navy Seal types ought to know better. Most of them, when identified, will get a stint at Club Fed and be banned from voting (until they pay their fees and fulfill other requirements in those states that allow felons to be reinstated).

Some of these people walked right into federal sentences of 3-5 years and they don't give good time in Federal facilities, so when these folks get convicted, they will do about as much time as a person convicted in Wichita of armed robbery.
              Last edited by revenge_of_shocka_khan; January 14, 2021, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                I found this:
                https://www.visitthecapitol.gov/plan...ohibited-items

Capitol visitor policies are designed to keep visitors and staff safe and secure and to preserve the collections, facilities, and historic building and grounds for generations to come.

Before entering the Capitol Visitor Center, all visitors are screened by a magnetometer and all items that are permitted inside the building are screened by an x-ray device. The following items are strictly prohibited in the Capitol, including the Capitol Visitor Center:
                • Liquid, including water
                • Food or beverages of any kind, including fruit and unopened packaged food
                • Aerosol containers
                • Non-aerosol spray (Prescriptions for medical needs are permitted.)
                • Any pointed object, e.g. knitting needles and letter openers (Pens and pencils are permitted.)
                • Any bag larger than 18" wide x 14" high x 8.5" deep
                • Electric stun guns, martial arts weapons or devices
                • Guns, replica guns, ammunition, and fireworks
                • Knives of any size
                • Mace and pepper spray
                • Razors and box cutters

Who wants to make a wager with me that the protesters did not go through the magnetometer. Hell, about half our Republican congressmen evidently don't want to go through them, so that would make the person who wanted to make that bet a sucker.

Not going through security is a breach of policy. Especially if they did it a disorderly manner.

Not only that, if the protesters got close to secured facilities, like a SCIF, that would probably be another charge.

The ones carrying prohibited items will also get hit with additional charges.

Unless the Capitol Police Officers involved use the excuse that they opened the doors to prevent vandalism and damage, or to protect life, they don't have a leg to stand on and may lose their jobs. Plus I would bet that that there are post orders requiring security ensure all visitors pass through screening. That is also potentially in play here and would also subject the officers holding the door open to 'disciplinary action up to and including termination'.

Some of these protesters (I'd call them yoo-hoos) can use the excuse that they did not know better (pretty lame) but LEO and the Navy Seal types ought to know better. Most of them, when identified, will get a stint at Club Fed and be banned from voting (until they pay their fees and fulfill other requirements in those states that allow felons to be reinstated).

Some of these people walked right into federal sentences of 3-5 years and they don't give good time in Federal facilities, so when these folks get convicted, they will do about as much time as a person convicted in Wichita of armed robbery.
                The guy holding the door was to enter a lobby of sorts. Probably the metal detectors are beyond that. The ones the Congress people didn’t go through were brand new this week.

Im just suggesting evidence to the contrary of the opinion that the police were somehow in on it. If more facts develop that demonstrate otherwise I will reconsider.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• John Solomon reporting on possible pre-planning of the Capital Assault:

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    John Solomon reporting on possible pre-planning of the Capital Assault:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1152742945159761
                    WOW. He answered some questions.
                    The Police knew of the attack ahead of time, and it wasn't a spontaneous event.
                    He presented some more questions that he has.
                    It's inconceivable that Mitch and Nancy didn't know ahead of time and that the CP didn't tell them.

Also Hunter Biden and impeachment revelations.
                    The SWAMP lives on.
                    Last edited by Shockm; January 14, 2021, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• He did state, “if this evidence plays out”. I will be interested to hear if evidence ACTUALLY plays out.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        He did state, “if this evidence plays out”. I will be interested to hear if evidence ACTUALLY plays out.
                        Yes it will. John Solomon is a solid reporter from what I've seen

Comment

Im just suggesting evidence to the contrary of the opinion that the police were somehow in on it. If more facts develop that demonstrate otherwise I will reconsider.

Comment

• Nice short video made back in 2019. Interesting perspective.

Comment

• 37767010-9126493-Closer_look_One_person_enthused_about_a_third_film_in_the_series-a-6_1610122287988.jpg

Comment

He did state, “if this evidence plays out”. I will be interested to hear if evidence ACTUALLY plays out.
                                Not what I heard. His exact words were “there is significant evidence beginning to emerge” that ............

Whatever one thinks about Trump, it is inconceivable that this impeachment was rushed through w/o a proper investigation and witnesses. Impeachment will end up being a political weapon of the opposition to get rid of a President.

Comment

Working...
                                X