No announcement yet.

2024 Presidential Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't really feel like starting a new thread, but the 2020 Census is now out. 331+million.

Losing seats in the House, California, New York, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.

Gaining seats are Texas X2, Montana, Florida, North Carolina, Oregon and Colorado. Once each state gets done redistricting we'll have a better idea, but it's hard to see this is a good thing for the left.

For 2022, as it stands right now, it's 218-212 with 5 special elections upcoming.

LA 2 has been decided, heavily Dem anyway and will remain that way for my lifetime.
    FL 20 hasn't even been contested by a GOP for half of the elections since 2000. Will stay Dem.
    New Mexico 1 is a strong Dem but in 2020 the GOP candidate (Michelle Garcia Holmes) received more votes that any other GOP candidate in 20 years. It was a huge turnout. Probably stays Dem.
    Texas 6 is a pretty strong GOP but not impossible to see a switch. Still, probable GOP.
    Ohio 11 is 55% black. DEM

Ohio 15 will be vacant soon but will stay GOP but it's not vacant today.

So likely the makeup will be 222 to 213.

The district changes will likely mean, at a minimum, 2 seats lost for the Dems and therefore 2 gained for the GOP. I don't see, given who controls the states in question, how it could be less.

And it could be as much as 5 or 6.

Let's say it's 3. Stilll 219 to 216. But it's REALLY close.

Comment

• Tim Scott did a nice job yesterday, and would make a good candidate for President. Of course, we know he's a black faced imposter because he didn't vote for ("If you don't vote for me, you're not really black") Joe Biden.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
        Tim Scott did a nice job yesterday, and would make a good candidate for President. Of course, we know he's a black faced imposter because he didn't vote for ("If you don't vote for me, you're not really black") Joe Biden.
        He is an up and comer for sure. I like him a lot. Btw, did anyone else see that Twitter allowed the racists to have the hashtag "Uncle Tim" to trend last night without do a single thing about it. How would it have been if something similar was said about the VP?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

He is an up and comer for sure. I like him a lot. Btw, did anyone else see that Twitter allowed the racists to have the hashtag "Uncle Tim" to trend last night without do a single thing about it. How would it have been if something similar was said about the VP?
          Aunt Kamala?
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

He said last night that America isn’t a racist country, so liberals reacted on Twitter by calling him Uncle Tim. If anyone didn’t listen to his speech last night, they/you need to. He didn’t lie like Biden.

One of his his comments was “Original Sin” is never the end of the story, Redemption is the end of the story. He’s an inspiring man.
            Last edited by Shockm; April 29, 2021, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He said last night that America isn’t a racist country, so liberals reacted on Twitter by calling him Uncle Tim. If anyone didn’t listen to his speech last night, they/you need to. He didn’t lie like Biden.

One of his his comments was “Original Sin” is never the end of the story, Redemption is the end of the story. He’s an inspiring man.
              Very inspiring! I also saw that some hack from WaPo tried to do a "fact check" on his speech and find holes in his family background story. Couldn't find any holes.... Such a shame that the left has to be so divisive and intolerant. The party who claims to be tolerant and accepting and wants to root out discrimination is actually practicing discrimination tactics on conservatives.

Comment

• Not sure there's much to take from today's primaries....

OH 15 special election to replace retiring Steve Stivers (R) was held today.

The GOP will send Mike Carey, backed by Trump, to face off against a fairly centrist Democrat in Allison Russo.

Votes for the DEMS (only 2 options) were around 16,100 and for the full GOP field of 10, the total was almost 50,000. Likely a GOP hold in November.

OH 11 also looks to fill a seat vacated by Marcia Fudge who accepted a position within the Biden administration.

Having been redistricted in '83 it is a heavily DEM district, to say the least. It went 80-20 for Biden.

Nina Turner, the Sanders/AOC backed candidate narrowly lost to Shontel Brown who will face off against the GOP winner, Laverne Gore. Almost 75000 Dems voted vs just over 5K for the GOP.

Comment

• Democratic politicians

Democratic business executives and public figures
                  • Oprah Winfrey, philanthropist and media executive[5]
                  • Andrew Yang, entrepreneur and philanthropist[7]

Republican politicians
                  Republican business executives and public figures
                  Here's what we're looking at right now. Tucker Carlson.... lol.

Only person I can potentially vote for w/ my knowledge of the current candidates is Marco Rubio.
                  Are there any moderate Democrats besides Joe Biden?

Biden is planning on running again. If he is still alive, and the economy is running well, he will win. Trump has no chance. Many of my Republican friends didn't vote in the last election and they surely won't vote for the crazy man now.

I think our country runs best w/ a Democratic president, a fairly deadlocked senate, and a Republican controlled House.

Comment

• I can't imagine a world where Trump or Biden wins an honest election.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      I can't imagine a world where Trump or Biden wins an honest election.
                      Show me two politicians that run an honest campaign and I will show you an honest election.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Is joe not running for a second term? Maybe the filing paperwork had a box to check “I have never **** my pants in a formal meeting with the Pope.”
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Are the walls closing in on Joe, Hunter, Jim, and the entire Biden Family Business? An IRS Agent Whistleblower is prepared to give Congress information on the illegal activities.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/irs-whistl...ry?id=98710844

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ter-probe.html

Comment

• I wonder if Robert Kennedy has any kind of shot.

Comment

• I think the Dems will install Newsome as the nominee. Super-delegates is all that matter.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X