No announcement yet.

Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law enforcement on a national level has always been influenced by politics to some extent. It's just become more obvious and out in the open in the last 5 or so years.

Comment

• All it takes is like 5 seconds for Joe Biden to forget he shook Chuck Schumer’s hand. Scary.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1557011318175047680

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        And some people wonder why I'm a libertarian.
        I’m not sure of your point. Are you saying that you want to wash your hands of the political process?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I’m not sure of your point. Are you saying that you want to wash your hands of the political process?
          No. Libertarians believe that the major problem with todays politics is the over reach of the federal government. You see, it’s not that the Dems are evil or that republicans are evil, it’s that government is evil.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

No. Libertarians believe that the major problem with todays politics is the over reach of the federal government. You see, it’s not that the Dems are evil or that republicans are evil, it’s that government is evil.
            Aren’t you the government?

and are you saying all libertarians believe the same thing? I’ve looked and that’s just not true.

Comment

and are you saying all libertarians believe the same thing? I’ve looked and that’s just not true.
              That’s literally the only thing libertarians agree on.

And no I am not the government, and that is a ridiculous assertion.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• The American Devolution is continuing but the pace and ferocity of the leftist insurrection is picking up dramatically.

And the left firmly believes the ends justify the means and anything, and I mean anything, goes. And considering the leftists are generally morally and ethically bankrupt that pretty much means no limits on their corruption and quest for power whatsoever.

Comment

If there's one thing that pretty much all libertarians agree on, is that government is too big, too invasive, too powerful and too controlling.

There are a lot of different ideas within libertarianism and different priorities on who thinks what's the most important. But the one unifying factor is the federal government is out of control and neither the R's or D's really care. They both want control so they can dictate where the excessive powers and spending go. I've said many times that the only real difference in those two parties at the leadership levels is how and where they want to abuse power and spending.

Libertarians say cut it all. Most of us know we need a government. But we need a small government with a limited and specific focus instead of the bloated out of control, wasteful and redundant Goliath that we have today, thanks to both Republicans and Democrats.

Look, not all R's are bad. Not all D's are bad. But the parties as a whole, in regards to who's directing them, are horrendous.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

If there's one thing that pretty much all libertarians agree on, is that government is too big, too invasive, too powerful and too controlling.

There are a lot of different ideas within libertarianism and different priorities on who thinks what's the most important. But the one unifying factor is the federal government is out of control and neither the R's or D's really care. They both want control so they can dictate where the excessive powers and spending go. I've said many times that the only real difference in those two parties at the leadership levels is how and where they want to abuse power and spending.

Libertarians say cut it all. Most of us know we need a government. But we need a small government with a limited and specific focus instead of the bloated out of control, wasteful and redundant Goliath that we have today, thanks to both Republicans and Democrats.

Look, not all R's are bad. Not all D's are bad. But the parties as a whole, in regards to who's directing them, are horrendous.
                    Name one current Democrat who is not bad

Comment

Thank you for giving me your answer to my question directed to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Name one current Democrat who is not bad
                        Don't you republicans love Senator Manchin these days?

I'm not as tuned into everyone in Congress as I used to be and would have to do more research than I care to at the moment, but I have to at least give him credit for not doing everything his party says he should do like most R's and D's.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Don't you republicans love Senator Manchin these days?

I'm not as tuned into everyone in Congress as I used to be and would have to do more research than I care to at the moment, but I have to at least give him credit for not doing everything his party says he should do like most R's and D's.
                          Well, when you vote for the guy with an L in front of his name, you're just doing like most L's. There really isn't much difference. No one agrees with each other all the time. If you want almost everyone to agree with everyone else in the party, you have to move to People's Republic of China (a truly democratic country), and join the CCP. That is true freedom for you.

Comment

• The biggest hinderence to fixing our ills, is that our collective mindset has been corrupted into believing and expecting governments to solve problems. Governments were not put in place to solve problems. They are in place to protect rights. Specifically, protect you from someone else infringing on yours. Period. End of story.

But now, it's just a big "Have you no heart?" Yes, I have a heart. And I don't need to be forced to send you Mr corrupt sleezeball $100 so that you can take it, take 20 for yourself, 20 for your donors, and send 60 to the org of your choice to who gives 20 to the person I feel for, keeps the rest and sends you back another 20 to repeat the cycle!

I'll just give $50 to the charity I choose and we'll call it a day.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Well, when you vote for the guy with an L in front of his name, you're just doing like most L's. There really isn't much difference. No one agrees with each other all the time. If you want almost everyone to agree with everyone else in the party, you have to move to People's Republic of China (a truly democratic country), and join the CCP. That is true freedom for you.
                              I don't blindly vote for all L's. I've stated on here before that I've cast votes for people in five or so different parties in my life as I'll vote for whoever most closely lines up with my beliefs, and there have been some L's that have run in the past that were not palpable to me and I found a better representative of my views running in one of the other parties.

I've also said numerous times that people who don't do their research on the candidates they're voting for and simply vote for a letter are why we are where we are. Voters lacking the ability to hold the parties they support accountable for nominating shitty candidates is why both parties have gone as far as they have. The R's and D's have this idea that everyone has to agree with a very narrow and specific viewpoint to be considered good, even if those viewpoints don't reflect what most of their voting base really believes.

I've talked to number of friends who have essentially admitted to feeling that they have to vote for the lesser of evils even though the candidates they're voting for don't represent them. And some of these guys I consider fairly intelligent and thoughtful people, but they feel defeated as both major parties have left most of the country, but most of the country still feels that they don't have any other choices. It's a vicious cycle that just leads to larger and more bloated government and more representatives that are in Congress for themselves and not the people or the country.

Anyone who is in lock step with the party leadership no matter what isn't worth my support. I can accept that the person I may vote for doesn't win, but I can also feel comfortable in the fact that I vote for smaller and less invasive government. And believe it or not, there are some D's out there that still believe in some of those principles. Just like believe it or not, there are some R's that still believe in such principles as well. Even if both of their parties have abandoned such beliefs in actuality, thought the Republican party will still claim to care about it.

So, you can continue to try to paint me as something I've said multiple times on this board that I'm not, and that's on you. Do I support most Ls that run? Locally, yes. But not all. I have cast votes for others even though there was an L on the ballot.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• After the Kavanaugh thing, I will never vote for a Democrat again, ever, for anything. Never.

Comment

Working...
                                X