No announcement yet.

Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The president nominated David Chipman, a former special agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, to lead the agency.

Biden to announce executive actions to curb gun violence

President Biden is set to unveil his first attempts to curb gun violence on Thursday, announcing a set of modest moves designed to begin revamping federal gun policy by tweaking the government's definition of a firearm and more aggressively responding to urban gun violence.
    The Justice Department also will be asked to draft model legislation to enact "red flag" laws at the state level. For years, lawmakers in both parties have been pushing for federal and state legislation that would temporarily bar people facing mental anguish or other personal crises from accessing firearms if law enforcement or a judge determine they present a danger to themselves or others.

To curb the uptick in homicides nationwide, the Biden administration is also asking five federal agencies to adapt more than two dozen government programs to help buoy community violence intervention programs nationwide. The White House noted that the president's American Jobs Plan proposes spending $5 billion over eight years to support state and city-based violence intervention programs.
    This will be an important issue on the "path to unity". I'm interested in "violence intervention" initiatives. Something clearly has to be done. More guns/less guns isn't going to solve the problem. We need to find a way to root out the folks that are about to go postal without infringing on law-abiding citizen's right to privacy. It's going to be tricky.

Comment

• Do we know what “tweaks” Biden is making to the definition of a firearm?

Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        Do we know what “tweaks” Biden is making to the definition of a firearm?
        We can be sure that the tweaks won't be good. More tweaks equals more restrictions equals less liberty equals more totalitarianism.

Even discussing red flag laws should frighten anyone that cares about gun rights. We've seen them abused horribly in places that already have them.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

We can be sure that the tweaks won't be good. More tweaks equals more restrictions equals less liberty equals more totalitarianism.

Even discussing red flag laws should frighten anyone that cares about gun rights. We've seen them abused horribly in places that already have them.
          I agree with the sentiment here, but I am sympathetic to the mentally ill that have access to firearms. I totally disagree with the red flag laws that I have seen implemented, but don’t think the discussion should be abandoned. No easy answer obviously.

As to the new fire arms definition, I’m guessing it will apply to any pointy or edged object greater than 3 inches.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• He's talking about "ghost guns" and pistols with shoulder stocks. Small potatoes. All guns should have background checks so that's not a problem for me. I'm properly hedged so I'm cool no matter what he does. If he pulls some ****, my small armory becomes worth a small fortune. Unless he would try something like a gun ban with no grandfathering/right to sell... then I would riot. But he won't do that. Biden is old school Dem. Isn't there a story about him shooting a shotgun off his balcony in self-defense lol?

Something has to be done about the mass shootings though. I don't have an answer.

Comment

I agree with the sentiment here, but I am sympathetic to the mentally ill that have access to firearms. I totally disagree with the red flag laws that I have seen implemented, but don’t think the discussion should be abandoned. No easy answer obviously.

As to the new fire arms definition, I’m guessing it will apply to any pointy or edged object greater than 3 inches.
              Whew! 'Fever's junk is safe!

Comment

any pointy object greater than 3 inches.
                Greater than 3 inches would exclude Clod's pointy object then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Greater than 3 inches would exclude Clod's pointy object then.
                  TOOOOO LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                    He's talking about "ghost guns" and pistols with shoulder stocks. Small potatoes. All guns should have background checks so that's not a problem for me. I'm properly hedged so I'm cool no matter what he does. If he pulls some ****, my small armory becomes worth a small fortune. Unless he would try something like a gun ban with no grandfathering/right to sell... then I would riot. But he won't do that. Biden is old school Dem. Isn't there a story about him shooting a shotgun off his balcony in self-defense lol?

Something has to be done about the mass shootings though. I don't have an answer.
                    In what way is a short barreled rifle more of a threat than a handgun or a carbine?
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Maybe I will get one of these?
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

In what way is a short barreled rifle more of a threat than a handgun or a carbine?
                        Supposedly a tactical advantage. Short-barreled AR's deliver way more kinetic energy than a pistol.

For example, this carbine, which I own:

If you want to shorten the barrel on a PS90, to make it look like the fully automatic P90, you must apply for a permit or face 20 years in prison. Same goes for suppressors.

Meaningless token for his base. They deserve a few "wins" after Trump trolled them for 4 years giving them all anxiety disorders.

#unity

Comment

• I own this rifle. It's a standard AK-47 platform firing a 308 round. Almost 3x the energy of 7.62x39.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Supposedly a tactical advantage. Short-barreled AR's deliver way more kinetic energy than a pistol.

For example, this carbine, which I own:

If you want to shorten the barrel on a PS90, to make it look like the fully automatic P90, you must apply for a permit or face 20 years in prison. Same goes for suppressors.

Meaningless token for his base. They deserve a few "wins" after Trump trolled them for 4 years giving them all anxiety disorders.

#unity

Yes, short barreled rifles deliver more energy than a handgun, but less than a rifle, so not the most powerful.

Short barreled rifles are not concealable, so no advantage over a handgun.

Basically, it’s the least effective choice.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Yes, short barreled rifles deliver more energy than a handgun, but less than a rifle, so not the most powerful.

Short barreled rifles are not concealable, so no advantage over a handgun.

Basically, it’s the least effective choice.
                              Sounds scary though. And the shorter barrel creates a huge fireball of wasted gunpowder. Very inaccurate also due to removed rifling length.

#BanScaryThings
                              #IBuyScaryThings

Comment

• If they were smart they'd try to ban this ^^^ (I have two)

Or this. I honestly cannot think of any reason a civilian needs to own a "sniper rifle" capable of taking down a "man sized target" at nearly 2 miles. I mean guns are cool... but lol. I feel guilty owning this. Haven't ever fired it either. I'm a wannabe gun guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X