No announcement yet.

Every Dem run city, Not just Portland, Seattle, Chicago, or New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am anti death penalty. I do believe that some crimes are deserving of death, and its warranted, but we, as a society that that values life, shouldn't take life- even if warranted. If there is an alternative to killing, an alternative that doesn't put people at risk, that is the avenue to take. Every time a criminal is killed on death row, that blood is on society's hands.

Furthermore, we have executed far too many innocent prisoners, see the work of the innocents project. In Louisiana, Harry Bellefonte Sr.
    used the criminal justice system to execute many innocent. I would sooner see 1,000 guilty men convicted and sentenced to life than one innocent man put to death.

I also believe in hard labor for serious criminals. Life inside should be thankless, breaking big rocks into small rocks, day after day. Not cruel, but hard. That would be a huge deterrent.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
      I am anti death penalty. I do believe that some crimes are deserving of death, and its warranted, but we, as a society that that values life, shouldn't take life- even if warranted. If there is an alternative to killing, an alternative that doesn't put people at risk, that is the avenue to take. Every time a criminal is killed on death row, that blood is on society's hands.

Furthermore, we have executed far too many innocent prisoners, see the work of the innocents project. In Louisiana, Harry Bellefonte Sr.
      used the criminal justice system to execute many innocent. I would sooner see 1,000 guilty men convicted and sentenced to life than one innocent man put to death.

I also believe in hard labor for serious criminals. Life inside should be thankless, breaking big rocks into small rocks, day after day. Not cruel, but hard. That would be a huge deterrent.
      First of all, it’s the government putting someone to death. That alone is a reasonable position to be anti-death penalty. The less people the gov puts to death, the better.

Second, it’s, “I would rather 10 guilty men go free than to convict one innocent man.” I believe that is Blackstone’s Formulation.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

As an Alaskan, we don’t need any more lower 48 dregs up here. We would be better off using Hawaii, or just the whole L48.
        I understand and appreciate this, believe me I do, but I hope you realize I'm talking about maybe 10 acres somewhere midway between Deadhorse and Umiat.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I understand and appreciate this, believe me I do, but I hope you realize I'm talking about maybe 10 acres somewhere midway between Deadhorse and Umiat.
          How about train them to detect and deactivate landmines and send them to land-mine deactivation camps in Vietnam, Afghanistan, etc?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

First of all, it’s the government putting someone to death. That alone is a reasonable position to be anti-death penalty. The less people the gov puts to death, the better.

Second, it’s, “I would rather 10 guilty men go free than to convict one innocent man.” I believe that is Blackstone’s Formulation.
            I differ in that I still want the convictions, I just don't want to kill an innocent without an avenue to clear his name. So sentence 1,000 to life, but have a system in place for that one innocent to clear his name. Currently, we have an appellate system designed to correct errors in the trial process and little interest in finding guilt or innocent, convict them all, correct the mistakes.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

And this is the very crux of where we are in society right now. Everybody is babied and pampered and has everything given to them. Discipline is a lost art now and looked at as a bad thing. Right now, it's a luxury to go to prison. Free internet, free food, free education, free gym membership. You name it. You get a lot of the luxuries of the outside world inside prison. There is no deterrent to get in trouble and go there. You make it scary, tough, and absolutely miserable, you would see a drop in crime. No doubt about it. Wanna see a bigger drop? Do the Singapore method. Their crime rate is non-existent. They used to have "tent cities" in Arizona back in the day as late as the early 90's. Prisoners were sent there to endure the beautiful desert heat and worked to earn their meals. Crime rates sunk. But they did away with it because it was "inhumane". And guess what?!?!?! Crime rates shot back up to the national averages.

Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

Nominated for post of the year
                Is that another word for plagiarism?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Can’t build on that. The permafrost melts and heaves with the heat of a building, even if you can find a spot that isn’t a floating marsh mat with an interminable depth. Good idea, but not practical. It would be much easier to put it on an island.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Speaking of dem run cities/states; Will the Pac10 join their Midwest brethren and take the football field this fall? Nahhh...

football.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Is that another word for plagiarism?
                      I admire creativity, in every form.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                        Speaking of dem run cities/states; Will the Pac10 join their Midwest brethren and take the football field this fall? Nahhh...

football.jpg
                        I shouldn't, but I somehow enjoy these paintings of Trump. Haha.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Seattle City Council overrides mayor's veto of police cuts

The council said the bill was a "downpayment" toward its effort to ultimately defund the department by 50%, which would likely happen next year.

Comment

Milwaukee mayor announces dramatic INCREASE in murder—then ELIMINATES 120 police positions

Tom Barrett, the mayor of Milwaukee, went on video yesterday talking about the alarming rise in violent crime within Milwaukee. In the very next sentence, he then talked about his proposal to drastically reduce police presence.

Comment

Democratic Georgia Senate Candidate Compares Police To Gangsters And Thugs

https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/22/democratic-georgia-senate-candidate-compares-police-to-gangsters-and-thugs/
                              Last edited by Kung Wu; September 26, 2020, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Former Jerry Nadler Intern Charged for Allegedly Spitting on Officer During NYC Protest

Comment

Working...
                                X