Every Dem run city, Not just Portland, Seattle, Chicago, or New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

They feel pain after 4-5 mos. Some states require anesthesia.

It doesn't require a miracle for conception to occur. Any homeless person can potentially do it. It takes a greater act of kindness/discipline NOT to reproduce than TO reproduce.
    Disagree. This is a nihilistic argument that it is better to not exist then to be subject to the possibility of pain. Nihilism is the scariest ideology I can possibly imagine.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Disagree. This is a nihilistic argument that it is better to not exist then to be subject to the possibility of pain. Nihilism is the scariest ideology I can possibly imagine.
      Nihilism: the rejection of all religious and moral principles, in the belief that life is meaningless.

Not exactly the same.

Forcing a crack hoe to give birth to her crack baby is not an example of the highest virtue with respect to the crack baby who now calls a crack hoe, "mom".

It's merely a modern-day religious tenet that isn't even specifically supported in the bible.

https://ffrf.org/component/k2/item/2...rtion-nontract (taken straight off an atheist site lol)

When Does Life Begin?

According to the bible, life begins at birth--when a baby draws its first breath. The bible defines life as "breath" in several significant passages, including the story of Adam's creation in Genesis 2:7, when God "breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Jewish law traditionally considers that personhood begins at birth.

Desperate for a biblical basis for their beliefs, some antiabortionists cite obscure passages, usually metaphors or poetic phrasing, such as: "Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me." Psalm 51:5 This is sexist, but does nothing other than to invoke original sin. It says nothing about abortion.

Moses, Jesus and Paul ignored every chance to condemn abortion. If abortion is so important, why didn't the bible say so?
      For those that think the abortionee is "wasting a soul", I'm almost positive the souls go back into a melting pot with all the miscarried souls and then get reinserted into a new meat case. :)

P.S. Certain aspects of Nihilism are particularly seductive to the contemplative person... because they're likely true.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Conception itself is a miracle, in terms of the life that is created by it. Again, it’s by sheer chance that you’re here Cold. If one of the millions of sperm that entered the egg wouldn’t have been the one that did, you don’t exist. Period. You or anybody else wouldn’t have known that but that’s how it works.

Once again it comes down to not knowing the consequences of engaging in certain acts in the first place. Everybody knows A +B = C. If you don’t want C to happen, do something about A and B. It’s not C’s fault.
        Your post is so sincere I don't want to mess with it at all. I respect an individual's faith and other romantic notions. Life is so much kinder when viewed through that prism.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

You’ve obviously never experienced the pain of a spontaneous abortion.
          Let's stick with the less sensational term miscarriage shall we?

Many women miscarry without even knowing it or knowing that they were pregnant. It's seems like nothing more than heavy menstrual flow.

Who will carry the torch for those lost souls?

Comment

Let's stick with the less sensational term miscarriage shall we?

Many women miscarry without even knowing it or knowing that they were pregnant. It's seems like nothing more than heavy menstrual flow.

Who will carry the torch for those lost souls?
            Spontaneous abortion is the medical term you dimwit.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Nihilism: the rejection of all religious and moral principles, in the belief that life is meaningless.

Not exactly the same.

Forcing a crack hoe to give birth to her crack baby is not an example of the highest virtue with respect to the crack baby who now calls a crack hoe, "mom".

It's merely a modern-day religious tenet that isn't even specifically supported in the bible.

https://ffrf.org/component/k2/item/2...rtion-nontract (taken straight off an atheist site lol)

For those that think the abortionee is "wasting a soul", I'm almost positive the souls go back into a melting pot with all the miscarried souls and then get reinserted into a new meat case. :)

P.S. Certain aspects of Nihilism are particularly seductive to the contemplative person... because they're likely true.
              That is nihilism.

Also, when the Bible is talking about breath, it is talking about the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit that gives life to man. I’m glad you were able to find a pro-abortion theologian to provide you with a bastardized interpretation.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Cold is once again displaying his conservative, right-wing views at front and center.

Not that I care what side of the ledger you’re on, but the act and political fakeness is kinda old.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Just a recap: Killing babies is fine as long as the mom is on crack when they do it and the victim can't rationalize their torture.

That is the worst troll ever, except that it actually got a couple nibbles.
                  Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Just a recap: Killing babies is fine as long as the mom is on crack when they do it and the victim can't rationalize their torture.

It's not trolling Kung, it's acting out. He's been following woodward making the rounds the last several days, and it's getting him amped.

crybaby.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

You're not completely incorrect here.

But I do have strong beliefs, and I am not trolling. I do play devil's advocate sometimes (taking the weak side) because it's the only way I can have an intellectual challenge. I did that with my comments on abortion for example.
                      Just a debate brother. It was said that one could not make a moral argument for abortion, I believe I did just that using the perspective of the child - albeit without the permission of the child. If an unborn child has rights, he surely has the right to not be born into a life where he has a very low probability of happiness.

And yes, some crack babies grow up to be happy I'm sure, but only with extremely dedicated (alternate) parenting and care. The vast majority will be lost to murder, suicide, incarceration, etc. etc. Let's not even start to talk about their impact on others which is real, but dilutes the focus of my original argument from one of morality to one of utilitarianism.

P.S. You guys would be lost (bored) without a Libtard to debate with (simulated or otherwise). I give you something palpable to hate and unite against, and ya'll act as intellectual playthings for me. Mutually beneficial, no? Besides, I learn a lot of great things by forcing people to prove their point with all their might. It's like an auction market of ideas. Price is truth. And for that I say thanks! :)

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Cold is once again displaying his conservative, right-wing views at front and center.

Not that I care what side of the ledger you’re on, but the act and political fakeness is kinda old.
                        Think of it as a debate topic run only through a logical filter agnostic of any political or personal leanings.

Kinda takes the fun out of it when I explain it that way right? Which is why I don't do it often. I need you to bring the fire and passion 'Fever. And you need me to be me.

P.S. You can’t handle the truth! Son we live in a world that has challenges, and those challenges have to be met by men with innovative brains. Whose gonna do it you? You ShockingButTrue? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for your indoctrinated ideologies and you curse the scientists. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that wearing a mask while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence while grotesque, and incomprehensible, to you, saves lives. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me making that argument, you need me making that argument! We use words like rational, probable, and fact. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something, you use them as a punchline. I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself, to a man who rises and sleeps, under the blanket of the very logical framework that I provide, and than questions the manner in which I provide it! I’d rather you just said ‘thank you’, and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you think up something original, and articulately state your case. Either way, I don’t give a damn, what you think you are entitled to!

Comment

P.S. You can’t handle the truth! Son we live in a world that has challenges, and those challenges have to be met by men with innovative brains. Whose gonna do it you? You ShockingButTrue? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for your indoctrinated ideologies and you curse the scientists. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that wearing a mask while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence while grotesque, and incomprehensible, to you, saves lives. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me making that argument, you need me making that argument! We use words like rational, probable, and fact. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something, you use them as a punchline. I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself, to a man who rises and sleeps, under the blanket of the very logical framework that I provide, and than questions the manner in which I provide it! I’d rather you just said ‘thank you’, and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you think up something original, and articulately state your case. Either way, I don’t give a damn, what you think you are entitled to!

Nominated for post of the year

Comment

Exodus 20:13: "You shall not murder"

Proverbs 6:16-19: These six things the Lord hates, Yes, sever are an abomination to Him: A proud look, A lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood, A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that are swift in running to evil, A false witness who speaks lies, And one who sows discord among brethren.

Proverbs 31:8-9: Open your mouth for the speechless, In the cause of all who are appointed to die. Open your mouth, judge righteously, And plead the cause of the poor and needy.

Psalm 139:13-16: For you formed my inward parts; you covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Marvelous are your works; And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.

Psalm 127:3: Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.

Jeremiah 1:5: “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”

Genesis 9:6: “Whoever sheds man's blood, by man his blood shall be shed, for in the image of God He made man.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17: Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.

Job 12:10: In whose hand is the life of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind?

Job 31:15: Did not he who made me in the womb make them? Did not the same One fashion us in the womb?

Ephesians 2:10: For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Luke 12:6-7: "Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

Genesis 2:7: And the Lord God formed man of dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living being.

Exodus 23:7: Keep yourself far from a false matter, do not kill the innocent and righteous, for I will not justify the wicked.

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

Nominated for post of the year
                              Is this like the lone guy in 2013 who was the one vote out of 121 to not vote for Lebron as MVP?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                I would like to see the United States abolish the death penalty. Personally, it's not worth it imho, although some people deserve worse. I would support some kind of program that would allow anyone sentenced to life without the possibility of parole some method of state allowed suicide. I also would like to see some areas of Alaska used for supermax prisons for those that want to live out those sentences in relative isolation. No contact, any escape is pretty much a guaranteed death sentence, the rest of humanity safe from their existence. It's also hard to argue for getting rid of abortion but sponsoring a death penalty. Just my opinions.

Regarding the awful incident in California, if you haven't seen video of the person(s) laughing and celebrating those "*****s gettin' aired out", don't. If the shooting bothered you, this will disgust you.

I think the video of the shooter is distorted. That's a BIG police vehicle. It looks like a short person, but I think it's just the video. The Sherriff's office said it was a black man 20-30. I don't know, just going off what they said. I suspect the shooter will be found, and that he won't make it to jail. He knows he's a marked man. Any movement is going to get him shot, and killed. He deserves it, but I hope it doesn't go down that way.

The incident at the hospital was almost more disturbing to me.....how can anyone think that way? Well, just go to Twitter and you'll see how "not alone" they are in their thinking. Scary.
                                As an Alaskan, we don’t need any more lower 48 dregs up here. We would be better off using Hawaii, or just the whole L48.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X