Whipple and the Wichita Mask Ordinance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whipple and the Wichita Mask Ordinance

Whipple is a piece of work. He was a petulant child who was going to get his way. During the debate one of the city councilmen ask if this has been vetted to see if overriding the county was legal, and if even if they had the authority to make a city ordinance mandating the mask - he just told them this is an emergency and we need to pass this now.

When the councilman made a motion to defer this ordinance till Tuesday so they could have it reviewed, Whipple threatened to call an emergency meeting two hours after this meeting ended to reconsider.

It is bad government at work. One representative did not want people held responsible, but businesses to be fined if they allowed people into their business with masks.

You'd be shocked to hear no doubt that the Eagle gives a much more flowery play-by-play of the events on behalf of Whipple.

Crazy, right?

Not sure which of the three employees still working for the Eagle out of their air-conditioned storage unit wrote the article. Would require me to look.

Comment

Comment

Masks are mandatory because most people who spread the virus don't know they have it, so I've read. Very rational thinking, based on facts.

Doesn't that mean that most people who get it from people who don't know they have it won't know they have it either, unless they're obese or elderly? Just puttin' it out there.
        Last edited by ShockingButTrue; July 3, 2020, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Goddard rocks!!
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Atifacts-Mask-1.jpg
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Comment

The media, and politicians, would have you believe that hospitals are in danger of being overrun.

Hospitals are just as busy as they were last year, and the year before and the year before.

If we had strong, good leaders this entire mess would never exist. Threatening to fine people and businesses for not wearing a mask may be the most idiotic thing in my lifetime from government.

Comment

Mandating masks to “show support” is a First Amendment violation. There is a court case going through WA right now about it.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Wearing a mask is like wearing a seatbelt, except you won't get a ticket if you're pulled over and not wearing a mask. You can take a chance that you won't be in a serious accident if not wearing a seatbelt. The same thing applies to wearing a mask. You're taking a chance that you won't get the virus or spread the virus.

Disclaimer: I usually don't wear a mask.

Comment

How many think that Whipple didn’t have ulterior motives on this?

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                        Wearing a mask is like wearing a seatbelt, except you won't get a ticket if you're pulled over and not wearing a mask. You can take a chance that you won't be in a serious accident if not wearing a seatbelt. The same thing applies to wearing a mask. You're taking a chance that you won't get the virus or spread the virus.

Disclaimer: I usually don't wear a mask.
                        Really, really inaccurate.

Comment

Whelp, went to Dillons both yesterday and today. Anyone have a guess as to which day, before or after the ordinance, I saw folks wearing the most masks?

You guessed it. Yesterday I was guessing about half were wearing. Today, way less than half. Wichitans have a problem with Mr whipples order i suppose.

Comment

Time for a Wichita Mask Party?

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                              Whelp, went to Dillons both yesterday and today. Anyone have a guess as to which day, before or after the ordinance, I saw folks wearing the most masks?

You guessed it. Yesterday I was guessing about half were wearing. Today, way less than half. Wichitans have a problem with Mr whipples order i suppose.
                              Half wore them, so it’s silly to condemn half the population. Why do you think the half of Wichitans that weren’t too scared to leave their homes didn’t ware them?
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X