No announcement yet.

Washington Monuments - They need to be ripped down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those that don’t support Trump, this is how you get him re-elected.
    As someone said, almost akin to banning Schindler’s List because of it being anti-Semitic.

Novels by Harper Lee and Mark Twain have been pulled from school syllabuses in Minnesota over fears their use of racial slurs will upset students.

Comment

I consider myself a moderate Republican just a little right of center. Trump is certainly not my ideal leader. Although I agree with a lot of his policies his behavior is too often unbecoming. When I see this 1984 episode playing out I just cannot consider the alternatives. So to your point I believe all this upheaval only helps his reelection chances.

Comment

Time Kaine and the Slave Trade bows down to the current BLM and rewriting of history. The Democrat VP candidate from 2016 said that we created the slave trade. I guess he thinks that slavery really only began in the 1600's? He is a MORON. The slave trade began at least 1000-2000 years prior to slaves being brought to Virginia in 1600(whatever year).

Tim Kaine said:

“The United States didn’t inherit slavery from anybody,” Kaine announced. “We created it.”
        Top ArticlesJuneteenth Is an Occasion to Celebrate the Ruleof LawAD MORESKIP AD
        Kaine’s reasoning goes something like this: The men, women, and children who were captured and enslaved on the west African coast “landed in colonies that didn’t have slavery.” That is to say, “There were no laws about slavery in the colonies at that time.” The actual legislation recognizing the practice “got created by the Virginia General Assembly” and the other colonial legislatures after the arrival of the first slaves from Africa.

This argument is absurd, and accepting it would require us to believe other demonstrably absurd things about colonial history. Kaine’s premise is that when a group of people arrive in an undiscovered and lawless land, any laws they subsequently pass are entirely their own inventions. By his logic, the colonial settlers were the most creative and prolific statesmen in the history of the world. Among their “inventions” we could number private property, marriage, deliberative democracy, jury trials, the presumption of innocence, laws against murder and theft, the provisions of the Magna Carta, and the entire deposit of both canon and secular law from antiquity through to the discovery of the New World. Since they landed in colonies that didn’t have a sovereign, we would also have to attribute to these settlers the “invention” of the English monarchy.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...hy-it-matters/
        Last edited by Shockm; June 20, 2020, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
          For those that don’t support Trump, this is how you get him re-elected.
          As someone said, almost akin to banning Schindler’s List because of it being anti-Semitic.

Novels by Harper Lee and Mark Twain have been pulled from school syllabuses in Minnesota over fears their use of racial slurs will upset students.

"According to the association, many of the complaints about Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird came from black parents concerned about a book containing a racial slur being taught in the classroom.

However, the texts are both widely considered to be anti-racist texts, using historically accurate language and characters to highlight and address the issue."

I'm going to take a wide stab and guess there is nothing in those books that their children are not hearing every day in their conversations, music, and so forth. These books are/were part of the 9th and 11th grade classes. Fortunately, copies will still be available (for now anyway) in the districts libraries.

Better to "burn the book" than learn from history.

Comment

Another President vilified by the Ministry if Information.

He invented Nation Parks. They named a stuffed animal after him. He was the hero of the movie, Night at the Museum!!!!! He cannot be cancelled!
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1...250636801?s=21

Another President vilified by the Ministry if Information.

He invented Nation Parks. They named a stuffed animal after him. He was the hero of the movie, Night at the Museum!!!!! He cannot be cancelled!
              Actually, it's not Roosevelt that is the problem. It's the composition of the piece. I have no problem with the museum doing something they have thought about doing in the past.

“The world does not need statues, relics of another age, that reflect neither the values of the person they intend to honor nor the values of equality and justice,” said Theodore Roosevelt IV, 77, a great-grandson of the 26th president and a museum trustee. “The composition of the Equestrian Statue does not reflect Theodore Roosevelt’s legacy. It is time to move the statue and move forward.”

Comment

Here's a change that most likely did need to be done.

The article noted: "Wilson served as president of Princeton University and as governor of New Jersey before he was elected president of the United States in 1912. While he is perhaps best known as the architect of the League of Nations, the precursor to the United Nations, and is considered by some to be a founder of modern liberalism".

"Historians have said that Wilson believed in white supremacy and advanced policies to support his racist worldview. A Democrat, he appointed a cabinet that was heavy on Southern racists, including William McAdoo as treasury secretary, and Albert Burleson as postmaster general, both of whom quickly pushed to segregate their departments, demoting and firing many black people."

Comment

The Tulsa rally was pretty drama free. One person with a ticket who got inside the perimrter because she had a ticket was wearing an "I Can't Breathe" t-shrit. Campaign staff asked for her to be removed, so the Tulsa police arrested and removed her.

Other than that, there wasn't much going on. Something like 6,200 people inside the 20K arena and basically no overflow crowd outside. Under 200 protesters.

BTW, I have a problem with someone getting arrested because the President's campaign staff doesn't like the message on their shirt. I don't care what party the President is from - that cannot be accepted.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    The Tulsa rally was pretty drama free. One person with a ticket who got inside the perimrter because she had a ticket was wearing an "I Can't Breathe" t-shrit. Campaign staff asked for her to be removed, so the Tulsa police arrested and removed her.

Other than that, there wasn't much going on. Something like 6,200 people inside the 20K arena and basically no overflow crowd outside. Under 200 protesters.

BTW, I have a problem with someone getting arrested because the President's campaign staff doesn't like the message on their shirt. I don't care what party the President is from - that cannot be accepted.
                    Did you see the video? She wasn’t arrested for her shirt.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

She'll be next...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Comment

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                              This is the first and maybe only time that my love for Shocker basketball has intertwined with my love for Voddie Baucham. Dude brings the heat.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

This is the first and maybe only time that my love for Shocker basketball has intertwined with my love for Voddie Baucham. Dude brings the heat.
                                The man can preach.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X