Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    BLM starting to cannibalize itself...

The founder of Black Lives Matter in St. Paul, Minnesota recently released a video in which he called out the group's “ugly truth,” by which he meant their positions on family and education.

You're racist. Those vacation homes are just reparations.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• The Babylon Bee
      @TheBabylonBee

Democrats Propose Replacing All Police With Traveling Bands Of Hippies Singing 'Imagine'

Last edited by pinstripers; June 7, 2021, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/ready...acial-conflict

Jason Whitlock's take

Comment

• Black people tell me all the time: "I don't support the BLM organization, but I support the slogan and sentiment."

Let me translate that. You despise the devil's tree but love the fruit it produces.

-- Jason Whitlock

That's some powerful stuff.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• This is just getting old, not helping anyone, changing anyone's mind or thoughts on the subject. Her actions were simply disrespectful and making it "all about her".

It's one thing if you do not want to hold your hand over your heart or not face the flag in "respectable manner", but when one does something that draws "bad" attention to themselves (see the pic), I frankly don't care one iota about you or your objectives. If your hate is that bad, please go somewhere else where you can be happy. One has to have some objectivity on whether their actions are helping or hurting their cause.

Comment

• **** her

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...?ocid=msedgntp

This is just getting old, not helping anyone, changing anyone's mind or thoughts on the subject. Her actions were simply disrespectful and making it "all about her".

It's one thing if you do not want to hold your hand over your heart or not face the flag in "respectable manner", but when one does something that draws "bad" attention to themselves (see the pic), I frankly don't care one iota about you or your objectives. If your hate is that bad, please go somewhere else where you can be happy. One has to have some objectivity on whether their actions are helping or hurting their cause.
                "She was set up."

This lady is insane with hatred. It's in the air.

Comment

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...?ocid=msedgntp

This is just getting old, not helping anyone, changing anyone's mind or thoughts on the subject. Her actions were simply disrespectful and making it "all about her".

3rd place finish...Lol! You go girl...

She should get the F out of here is she doesn't like it. If she has that much hatred for what America is then why be here? I am certain that nobody will care if she leaves and 99% of the country will never know who she is or what she "stands for". Give me a break you ego centric, narcissistic idiot.

Comment

• Spot on with the "narcissistic idiot" comment.

I'll be the first to "admit" that I don't care for those that continue to draw attention to themselves by any means possible. I am more of a fan of humbleness. I also acknowledge that the world, especially those younger than I am (and that's most people) don't see things the way I see them. They clearly enjoy and want to see more and more.

I suppose we've done our part to create these self absorbed monsters, but I sure wish things would go in the other direction, at least a little bit. I do not see the value (and I'm fully capable of seeing value in all kinds of different and new ideas that don't necessarily agree with my point of view) in all this self attention.

I love the Olympics. I've watched coverage from beginning to end and I'll try to catch some of every event, especially track and field. I could have never believed that I would root against an American, but I will hope this hammer thrower fouls every time and that Sha'cari Richardson false starts out of the 100. Those 2 are completely unsupportable in my opinion.

U-S-A!

Comment

• The Babylon Bee @TheBabylonBee

Athlete So Oppressed By America That She's Representing America In The Olympics

Comment

• The fact is that we as a country haven't had real hard times for several generations. People don't know that human history is that of misery. Only in the past few generations, has life been relatively easy in many places across the globe. The reason is capitalism. The reason is America and the Western world. I hear things like 'Living Wage' and equality bandied around. People who use these terms think a living wage includes large screen TVs, XBoxes, and Escalades, when it should be enough for food and shelter. The U.S. has luxuries that are considered necessities by 90% of it's citizens. We have it so easy, we invent barriers to overcome, so that we can excuse ourselves for not doing X, or praise ourselves for doing ordinary tasks.

If these folks want to act like ungrateful douches, it's their right. It isn't making them happy, it seems to just piss themselves off even more, so why not let them do it. Live your life as irritated bitches and lemmings of the ruling class. You are going to the Olympics (probably realizing a life-long dream) and you **** your own pants on purpose instead of relishing your accomplishment in order to please the woke. Sucker. You are getting played you dupe! Me? I think I'm going to keep enjoying living in the greatest country ever and thank God every day. Being happy to be here and living the good life as a freedom loving yank is the way to go. To hell with these losers, they can stay pissed off at the world. They are ignorant.

America.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• It wasn't all that many years ago where agriculture was a very common occupation. Very, very few were monetarily "well off". Both sides of our family were farmers. I vividly remember going to the farm. Pot belly wood or coal stoves. Bringing in wood for my grandmother for the iron cooking stove. Going to the outdoor privy by the chicken coup. Filling the round tub with hot water in the smoke house to take a bath. My grandfather taking me and my cousins out to the field where the corn was already picked and letting us gather up as much as we could find of ears of corn that fell on the ground and taking us to town to sell it and letting us kids split all of the money. Grandmother asking me to get food from the cellar that they grew themselves and she canned.

It's a little hard for me to feel too sorry for those who have "no money", yet have cell phones and fancy sneakers that I would never pay that kind of money for. Yes, there are the truly very poor. I DO care about them. It's the large crowds of "professional protesters" I have mixed feelings about. Especially when they break the law by setting fires, damaging stores, and so forth right in their OWN communities.

Comment

It wasn't all that many years ago where agriculture was a very common occupation. Very, very few were monetarily "well off". Both sides of our family were farmers. I vividly remember going to the farm. Pot belly wood or coal stoves. Bringing in wood for my grandmother for the iron cooking stove. Going to the outdoor privy by the chicken coup. Filling the round tub with hot water in the smoke house to take a bath. My grandfather taking me and my cousins out to the field where the corn was already picked and letting us gather up as much as we could find of ears of corn that fell on the ground and taking us to town to sell it and letting us kids split all of the money. Grandmother asking me to get food from the cellar that they grew themselves and she canned.

It's a little hard for me to feel too sorry for those who have "no money", yet have cell phones and fancy sneakers that I would never pay that kind of money for. Yes, there are the truly very poor. I DO care about them. It's the large crowds of "professional protesters" I have mixed feelings about. Especially when they break the law by setting fires, damaging stores, and so forth right in their OWN communities.
                            Farmers have always been considered wealthy because they had land and always had enough to eat. How about now?
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Farmers have always been considered wealthy because they had land and always had enough to eat. How about now?
                              I'm talking 80-160 acres, which was many farms then. Many farmers today are land wealthy and money poor. Their wealth is tied up in land and equipment. Many will farm other's land. The land has been passed down, but the later generations do not live there. Another neighbor in the area may farm several other people's acreage. Oh, one can sell their land to land speculators, but get 1/3 what it is worth. But it may be hard to find a current farmer who will put himself in that much more debt to pay a proper price. Ranching is not much different.

Another Note: I don't believe most farmers "retire" as we know it. They keep on working and/or some of the children will farm it and split the profits and costs. I know the TV show "Yellowstone" is fictional, but their financial plight storyline is not that far off.
                              Last edited by ShockTalk; June 28, 2021, 11:21 PM.

Comment

I'm talking 80-160 acres, which was many farms then. Many farmers today are land wealthy and money poor. Their wealth is tied up in land and equipment. Many will farm other's land. The land has been passed down, but the later generations do not live there. Another neighbor in the area may farm several other people's acreage. Oh, one can sell their land to land speculators, but get 1/3 what it is worth. But it may be hard to find a current farmer who will put himself in that much more debt to pay a proper price. Ranching is not much different.

Another Note: I don't believe most farmers "retire" as we know it. They keep on working and/or some of the children will farm it and split the profits and costs. I know the TV show "Yellowstone" is fictional, but their financial plight storyline is not that far off.
                                This has also been my observation.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X