No announcement yet.

WSU cancels Ivanka Trump graduation speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can’t enlighten but he probably likes Golden. I don’t think Koch has much to do with GMs salary, and I don’t know how the 20-30 donors (I’m not for sure how many actually pay toward his salary) who do feel about the Trumps and freedom of speech. I do know that Koch pays for most if not all of Gregg’s jet recruiting Budget to go all over the country. I don’t think GM is able to visit recruits now so I don’t know the status of that.

Comment

• Does WSU have leftist donors who contribute bigly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
        I can’t enlighten but he probably likes Golden. I don’t think Koch has much to do with GMs salary, and I don’t know how the 20-30 donors (I’m not for sure how many actually pay toward his salary) who do feel about the Trumps and freedom of speech. I do know that Koch pays for most if not all of Gregg’s jet recruiting Budget to go all over the country. I don’t think GM is able to visit recruits now so I don’t know the status of that.
        Ummm... It was Charles who single handily formed a task force to help keep Gregg here and not flying off to Tuscaloosa.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Ummm... It was Charles who single handily formed a task force to help keep Gregg here and not flying off to Tuscaloosa.
          It’s also rumored that the contract money is mirrored from private donors.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

It’s also rumored that the contract money is mirrored from private donors.
            Like the Carney's?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

It was a meeting of numerous donors at the Flint Hills National Clubhouse during Gregg’s Alabama trip. . Charles was there but my understanding is that he contributed his company jets for recruiting whenever needed. Prior to that private recruiting flights were totally budgeted. Afterward, not as much. I have a friend who is one of the salary donors. Charles has had a special relationship with Gregg in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I’ve always had positive interactions with Kellen, but that position from him (as well as many others on Twitter) struck me as very odd.
                I remember meeting Kellen when he was just a child in 2007. Met him and knew his parents were good and we were in good hands. Never had a reason to change my thinking.

But he seems to be taking a stance that is becoming the status quo in today's world. When you see a wrong, it's imperative to destroy and start over. We can't possibly see a wrong and say "what can we do insure this happens as little as possible going forward?" And this kind of utopian expectation gets rolling down hill and there's little in the way to stop it. And I'm really not questioning what he believes in. He's an adult and he's free to believe whatever he wants, but he seems to be increasingly close minded to alternative viewpoints, and that is, if I'm right, disappointing and not productive in the long run.

Not for him, not for anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I remember meeting Kellen when he was just a child in 2007. Met him and knew his parents were good and we were in good hands. Never had a reason to change my thinking.

But he seems to be taking a stance that is becoming the status quo in today's world. When you see a wrong, it's imperative to destroy and start over. We can't possibly see a wrong and say "what can we do insure this happens as little as possible going forward?" And this kind of utopian expectation gets rolling down hill and there's little in the way to stop it. And I'm really not questioning what he believes in. He's an adult and he's free to believe whatever he wants, but he seems to be increasingly close minded to alternative viewpoints, and that is, if I'm right, disappointing and not productive in the long run.

Not for him, not for anyone.
                  Eh. It’s probably virtue signaling. His dad did it too.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I am sure some of you received the e-mail from Elizabeth King the President & CEO of the WSU Foundation with a link to the following video. Me thinks they are getting at least some clap back.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 18, 2020, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      I am sure some of you received the e-mail form Elizabeth King the President & CEO of the WSU Foundation with a link to the following video. Me thinks they are getting at least some clap back.

No thanks.

I will always follow Shocker Basketball and Baseball on the news feeds, and wish Eric Wedge the best in rebuilding the baseball program, but I vote with my money, and I refuse to financially support a President and a University that makes politically based decisions and prohibits the free exchange of ideas.

Comment

• No doubt her job got infinitely more difficult.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post

No thanks.

I will always follow Shocker Basketball and Baseball on the news feeds, and wish Eric Wedge the best in rebuilding the baseball program, but I vote with my money, and I refuse to financially support a President and a University that makes politically based decisions and prohibits the free exchange of ideas.
                          Yep

Comment

• When you make a major mistake as a university because you caved into political peer pressure driven BY students, you can't come at me about "do it for the students" or "the children" or whatever right now. I was getting the feeling that the local angry mob of impressionable young people is why this whole thing got cancelled in the first place. We have a university president who cancelled the daughter of the president of the U.S. because students won't like it right now, but I'm supposed to be inspired to donate "for the students?" If anything I"m being taught that you don't want to donate to this system at all if I'm looking at the product...

Comment

• Sorry for the naive question here...but why did the students vote no to not have the guest speaker speak for the graduation ceremony?
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                                When you make a major mistake as a university because you caved into political peer pressure driven BY students, you can't come at me about "do it for the students" or "the children" or whatever right now. I was getting the feeling that the local angry mob of impressionable young people is why this whole thing got cancelled in the first place. We have a university president who cancelled the daughter of the president of the U.S. because students won't like it right now, but I'm supposed to be inspired to donate "for the students?" If anything I"m being taught that you don't want to donate to this system at all if I'm looking at the product...
                                Doesn't show much self-awareness does it? It does appear like they don't exactly know what to say. Could be they are worried about being cancelled by the intolerant lefty students and faculty if they criticize their actions in even the slightest degree. Of course, its possible the WSU Administration are totally on board with the viewpoints and of those that were behind this action.

Comment

Working...
                                X