WSU cancels Ivanka Trump graduation speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

It's becoming less and less figuratively.
    Yeah, it's not figuratively at all. Burning at the stake = cancel culture.

Comment

• I do not know how Golden survives this. It is just so stupid. Ivanka Trump was going to give a virtual message and it is completely appropriate that she was invited. It isn't even about allowing a platform for diverse viewpoints, she was going to talk about technical careers etc. The question is how long does the damage last for WSU.

Comment

• My family has been basketball season ticket holders for 20 years. We have been going to the games for 25 years. I grew up in Henry Levitt. We continued with the tickets when my parents moved out of state in 2014 and when I moved in 2016. Yesterday my father made the calls to, in his words, “cut ties with the school”. No tickets, no SASO.

Good riddance.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
          Golden won't be retiring at WSU. He's going to be allowed a graceful exit. He'll be taking another job soon.

Hopefully.

T

I hope that is correct. Has there ever been a WSU president as divisive as Golden. Warren Armstrong comes to mind with the football decision, but Golden’s is so much more.
          He still has not discussed what he’s going to do to bring people together, shore up the donation pipeline, and promote diversity of thought which is as important as diversity of color and culture. How can you have one without the other?

If he remains at WSU, he needs to take a much lower position such as manager of student affairs. That way he can spend all day shaking hands and no time spent on shaping the future of WSU.

What a disappointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
            Can you imagine what would happen if a bunch of Alt-Right people decided to take over 6 blocks in a major city?
            I can imagine Alt-righters taking over a national forest service office. Uncle Sam should have Waco'd those nuts and the city of Seattle should smoke these CHAZ fools. If you are ready to challenge the state, right or left, you need to be prepared to lose.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

I can imagine Alt-righters taking over a national forest service office. Uncle Sam should have Waco'd those nuts and the city of Seattle should smoke these CHAZ fools. If you are ready to challenge the state, right or left, you need to be prepared to lose.
              They should be negotiating a surrender. Barricade them in. Process folks as they trickle out. Let anyone go that lives in the area and charge those that do not.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• I shook the hand of two cops last night. Told them how much I appreciate what they do. Also told them how sorry I was that they are being portrayed in such a horrible light.

It felt good.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                  I shook the hand of two cops last night. Told them how much I appreciate what they do. Also told them how sorry I was that they are being portrayed in such a horrible light.

It felt good.
                  Can I get you a cookie for your virtue signaling?
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• I wonder how WSU pays Marshall without the big donors?

Comment

• Folks, this is why people like Bardo should be appreciated and remembered. We have had our share of clowns here at WSU and when someone like Bardo comes along and provides leadership it is so refreshing and rare. Golden will be here a few years but rest assured that he is on the first train out of town when he is offered a new job of which he will be applying for on the regular. Honestly, it was to much to expect 2 homerun hires in a row. That's not how we do things here.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        I wonder how WSU pays Marshall without the big donors?
                        Interestingly, not a concern to Kellen Marshall whereas on his June 10th twitter encouraged folks to sign a petition in keeping Golden. Political or heartfelt?

By the way, is it folks of folk? Is folks similar to putting an “s” on the end of people? I’ve always said folks but have never said peoples. Hmmmm.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

Interestingly, not a concern to Kellen Marshall whereas on his June 10th twitter encouraged folks to sign a petition in keeping Golden. Political or heartfelt?

By the way, is it folks of folk? Is folks similar to putting an “s” on the end of people? I’ve always said folks but have never said peoples. Hmmmm.....
                          I’ve always had positive interactions with Kellen, but that position from him (as well as many others on Twitter) struck me as very odd.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

I didn't have it in me to call the kid out but would love to ask him how do you think your old man is top 10 compensated coach?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

I didn't have it in me to call the kid out but would love to ask him how do you think your old man is top 10 compensated coach?
                              I'm just happy HCGM doesn't use twitter or other social media...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Can someone enlighten regarding Kellen Marshall's June 10th tweet?

Comment

Working...
                                X