Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I moved this to the political coronavirus thread. :)
    Yep, thanks!
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• The King of Thailand says “necessity”, lucky bastard...

https://nypost.com/2020/03/30/king-o...-20-women/amp/

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• My biggest worry is that people will see the flattened curve as an all clear and will relax. Kansas Republicans voted to over turn the governors limiting Easter Sunday services to 10 people citing their concerns that this was governmental intrusion of religious freedom. I can see where this is coming from in that by limiting freedoms during crisis it may become easier to limit other freedoms later down the road. Hopefully people will use good judgement and exercise caution.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
          My biggest worry is that people will see the flattened curve as an all clear and will relax. Kansas Republicans voted to over turn the governors limiting Easter Sunday services to 10 people citing their concerns that this was governmental intrusion of religious freedom. I can see where this is coming from in that by limiting freedoms during crisis it may become easier to limit other freedoms later down the road. Hopefully people will use good judgement and exercise caution.
          The state and U.S. constitution cannot be suspended by executive order. If she wants to suspend the constitution there are a legal means to do that. The appropriate request was exactly as the KS AG stated:

“The Office of Attorney General strongly encourages all Kansans participating in religious services or activities to voluntarily comply with the new restrictions on religious mass gatherings in order to protect public health,”

The churches have been far ahead of the governor on this including in counties don't have covid-19. Why? Because they love their communities they serve, they love their brother and sisters who attend their church. They want to protect their senior adults and those who are at risk. They have been doing virtual services for 4 weeks now (KC area may be longer). She is trying to shut the barn doors after all the livestock has escaped.

Remarkably, she already said that "abortion services" are essential services. 6500 to 7000 babies will die in Kansas due to abortions. How many Kansans will die of Covid-19? Where is the real crisis?

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I believe we will see a week of mortality increases after a week of plateau.

I am becoming more optimistic about this illness due to the low testing rate. I think there is a high rate of asymptomatic/mild unreported cases that greatly decreases the mortality rate.
            the mortality rate may be lower, but I think we can all agree it is uncomfortably high and far deadlier than any recent flu outbreaks. Morgues don’t fill up and FDNY doesn’t do 150 cardiac arrest calls a day during regular flu season.

The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

My biggest worry is that people will see the flattened curve as an all clear and will relax. Kansas Republicans voted to over turn the governors limiting Easter Sunday services to 10 people citing their concerns that this was governmental intrusion of religious freedom. I can see where this is coming from in that by limiting freedoms during crisis it may become easier to limit other freedoms later down the road. Hopefully people will use good judgement and exercise caution.
              From what I've heard, most churches are still going to attend virtually. They are at least smart enough to known that God is not going to protect them if someone in the congregation has the coronavirus.

Comment

I always wear a helmet while riding my motorcycle and think it is silly not to; I absolutely despise the government legally-compelling me to do so.

I always wear a seat belt while riding in an automobile and think it is silly not to; I absolutely despise the government legally-compelling me to do so.

I know of no churches having a physical Easter service, and I think it would be foolish to do so; I absolutely despise the government telling people of faith they can't get together, but yeah it's cool to go to Costco or Cabela's.

After this is all over, we need a very strong examination of the limits of government power.

This whole thing is a progressive's wet dream. Instead of just telling people what they can think and say, they are now thrilled to add literal restrictions on free movement. Some on the right can be added to that sheetlist as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

I always wear a helmet while riding my motorcycle and think it is silly not to; I absolutely despise the government legally-compelling me to do so.

I always wear a seat belt while riding in an automobile and think it is silly not to; I absolutely despise the government legally-compelling me to do so.

I know of no churches having a physical Easter service, and I think it would be foolish to do so; I absolutely despise the government telling people of faith they can't get together, but yeah it's cool to go to Costco or Cabela's.

After this is all over, we need a very strong examination of the limits of government power.

This whole thing is a progressive's wet dream. Instead of just telling people what they can think and say, they are now thrilled to add literal restrictions on free movement. Some on the right can be added to that sheetlist as well.
                  Any opportunity to post Colonel Crittendon...

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

I expect you to be the loudest cheerleader against all future Trump executive orders then.

I know of no progressives wanting restrictions on free movement. In fact, I think the populist/nationalist side of things are much, much more pro-restriction of movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Any opportunity to post Colonel Crittendon...

If your gonna post a picture of Col Crittendon, post him in uniform, otherwise people will think you posted a picture of Dr. Bombay.
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.
                      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I've never seen both Col. Crittendon and Dr. Bombay in the same room at the same time. Coincidence?
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 2 photos.
                        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

I expect you to be the loudest cheerleader against all future Trump executive orders then.

I know of no progressives wanting restrictions on free movement. In fact, I think the populist/nationalist side of things are much, much more pro-restriction of movement.
                          If Trump's executive orders strike down government restrictions on basic freedoms and liberties then I am a fan; if they do the opposite then I am not. Fairly simple framework really. He does a little of both in policy.
                          Last edited by SHOCKvalue; April 9, 2020, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Good discussion, but I moved it over to the politics thread.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Good discussion, but I moved it over to the politics thread.
                              Thanks.

Comment

Good discussion, but I moved it over to the politics thread.
                                Then where do we post the Subway girls? LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X