Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I'm sure you're correct (I bet a DC vote on allowing an exemption during this crisis would be right down party lines, what do you think?) but ignore that and address all the other employees in that article. (Not saying you, just everyone).

The 76ers president was excoriated yesterday for suggesting that hourly workers were going to lose jobs and take pay cuts while Joel Embid said he'd donate 500K for that (something along those lines).

If we're calling out fat cat billionaire sports franchise owners in this crisis, shouldn't we hold other fat cats to the same expectations (Harvard etc) or their insanely well paid mostly not working staff, to make sure the bottom tier workers get theirs?
    What are your thoughts on Boeing asking for $60 Billion from the Government due to Financial Peril?

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

What are your thoughts on Boeing asking for $60 Billion from the Government due to Financial Peril?
      Are they going to pay it back with interest & with new regulatory requirements like the overwhelming majority of "bailed-out" businesses did in 2008? If so, then yea, I'm cool with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
        Told my wife last night...if this nearly complete shutdown of the economy continues, we will long for the days of the 2008 recession. Small business will be all but eradicated, and unemployment numbers will be through the roof, with the poorest among us unable to cope. There's a mortality rate to that, too...and it affects a much larger group of people.

Salute.

That's a brave stance among the hysterical lemmings.

133457-untitled-design-4.jpg

Comment

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Ensuring that the conditions on the "bailout" or "loan" will be favorable to the workers, then yes, I think it should happen.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

How about no stock buybacks, cut in exec compensation and NO exporting of jobs to India or China.

Comment

Sorry, rushing this so I cant quote both. Should there be a "condition" tied to the 737 Max? Like a "Fix this by X date" thing?

Comment

Sorry, rushing this so I cant quote both. Should there be a "condition" tied to the 737 Max? Like a "Fix this by X date" thing?

Do you realize how often you respond with a question? Do you understand how little that adds to the discussion?

Comment

That won't work. Fixing the 737 max timeline is not in Boeing hands. It is actually in the FAA hands and how quickly they choose to move. And they move very, very slowly with their oversight. Think of how quick the NCAA makes decisions, and they are fast compared to the FAA and you get an idea what it is like working with the FAA.

Comment

More good news for everyone to get on board with. Came across this link just now:

https://libertysentinel.org/coronavi...rce=whatfinger

Really glad to see things moving in a positive direction, if even incrementally.

I also came across a link that revealed there have more deaths in the US (23,000) alone from the flu this year than coronavirus deaths WORLDWIDE. Something is just not adding up here. No?

5e70802f6789e-quarantine-coronavirus-jokes-memes-5e6f28da3b034__700.jpg
                      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 26, 2020, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Do you realize how often you respond with a question? Do you understand how little that adds to the discussion?
                        How would you prefer me to respond?

Comment

How would you prefer me to respond?
                          I don't know, are you offering any suggestions?

Comment

I don't know, are you offering any suggestions?
                            Are suggestions really needed for me to ask questions? You certainly dont need my input to have a discussion do you?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                              More good news for everyone to get on board with. Came across this link just now:

Really glad to see things moving in a positive direction, if even incrementally.

I also came across a link that revealed there have more deaths in the US (23,000) alone from the flu this year than coronavirus deaths WORLDWIDE. Something is just not adding up here. No?

What’s not adding up is that you are quoting US flu deaths vs world COVID-19 deaths without taking into consideration the number infected or the timeline.

Research so far indicates that COVID-19 spreads more easily and has a higher death rate than the flu.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

That's because you're using addition to fix a calculus problem.

This weekend I will likely be called into my hospital to work (I haven't done hospital care in 7 years) because they have 411 beds and anticipate over 600 patients (NOT coronavirus patients). We have a tent hospital at our state fairgrounds when the hallways get too crowded with gurneys. Let's hope you don't have a loved one here that needs an appendectomy, or suffers a stroke, or has a need for gallbladder removal; otherwise they may end up in a MASH like situation; or worse.

Some people don't get it. SMH.

Comment

Working...
                                X