Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

How did it affect the kids in the Ozarks after they all partied hearty on Memorial day?
    Antifa practicing at the Lake of the Ozarks...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Google is going full force scare tactics ... but why?

Put in ANY county and the word "coronavirus" in Google and you get a COVID-19 alert.

Don't believe me, try this in Google's search: "russell county kansas coronavirus"

COVID-19 ALERT "Coronavirus disease"

How many cases has Russell County had since the beginning of coronavirus? ZERO.

Scare tactics should have no place in the discussion of coronavirus or any other disease, but here it is front and center. And their tactic will work and the cattle will walk right into the slaughter.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Google is going full force scare tactics ... but why?

Put in ANY county and the word "coronavirus" in Google and you get a COVID-19 alert.

Don't believe me, try this in Google's search: "russell county kansas coronavirus"

COVID-19 ALERT "Coronavirus disease"

How many cases has Russell County had since the beginning of coronavirus? ZERO.

Scare tactics should have no place in the discussion of coronavirus or any other disease, but here it is front and center. And their tactic will work and the cattle will walk right into the slaughter.
        It's an election year

#Resist

Comment

• It’s the media’s job to scare everyone to believing that
          1. many people are dying from this disease and the next one could be you and
          2. police are going to kill all African Americans.
          3. Trump is the Anti-Christ.

Much of the media works seemingly hand in hand to give us this negative message. I tuned in the CBS, NBC, ABC, ESPN, Radio 810, KFH, and Fox News last week and this is almost all (at least 95%) they all talked about.

That’s just sad. No matter what they ALL say, Life is joyful and meant to be pursued with a positive attitude of love and thankfulness. I have a reason in my life that lends me to have a positive attitude. I hope everyone on Shockernet can find a reason (s) to have a positive attitude too. Have a blessed Fathers Day and a great week.

Comment

• I don't see any possible benefit to downplaying a pandemic in the middle of a pandemic. In fact it is pure strategic lunacy. The country is opening up so there's no reason to resist common sense. If we have a massive 2nd outbreak we are going to have cities shut down again which means the end of Trump's presidency as the economy will absolutely **** the bed. Any American that enjoys freedom and Capitalism should be begging people to be safe and not get infected as they shop and go back to work. This virus is absolutely lethal and that fact becomes clear to those who have been infected by it and survive. The only people who are laughing are the very young asymptomatic. And they might not be laughing for long as it appears they can get reinfected after a very short period of time. There is also evidence that Covid outcomes can be dependent on how much virus you are exposed to. So you have a kid that is asymptomatic and laughing his ass off and then 2 months down the road he's deathly ill and wondering HOW THE FK did he get it twice. There's a lot we don't know about this insidious disease. Anybody telling you to shrug off this pandemic is a complete fool.

T

Comment

• And anybody that lacks the discipline to sacrifice their social lives for a few measly months for the common good of an entire nation deserves neither health nor happiness.

T

Comment

• I respond better to accurate messaging. Here’s the accurate message that I would put out:

COVID-19 continues to infect large amounts of people. In order to prevent infections you should maintain social distancing in all settings and avoid large gatherings, especially indoors. If you can do neither, then wear a surgical mask that is well fitted and do not touch your face. Avoid travel to dense metropolitan areas. Wash your hands frequently and self-quarantine for 72 hours if you are I’ll. If you have diabetes, heart disease, liver disease, lung disease, are elderly, or have other immunocompromising conditions, self-quarantine. Reserve n95 masks for medical workers and the chronically ill. Do not tear down monuments to dead presidents. Be safe and we will get through this.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  I respond better to accurate messaging. Here’s the accurate message that I would put out:

COVID-19 continues to infect large amounts of people. In order to prevent infections you should maintain social distancing in all settings and avoid large gatherings, especially indoors. If you can do neither, then wear a surgical mask that is well fitted and do not touch your face. Avoid travel to dense metropolitan areas. Wash your hands frequently and self-quarantine for 72 hours if you are I’ll. If you have diabetes, heart disease, liver disease, lung disease, are elderly, or have other immunocompromising conditions, self-quarantine. Reserve n95 masks for medical workers and the chronically ill. Do not tear down monuments to dead presidents. Be safe and we will get through this.
                  I am CB and I approve this message.

I would add, "moisturize your hands after washing frequently". I learned this the hard way. Dry/cracked hands are a gateway for infection.

T

Comment

• Here’s a mask filtration study. They use nm to size the particles. Novel Coronavirus is 60-120 nm.

An airtight, double layer, high quality cotton mask (Think 2 layers of luxury bed sheets) will filter ~ 80% (+/- 20%) of the virus you expel with each breath. Based on the gapped fit of other materials (trust me, your high quality mask is not fitted well) makes for 2/3 decrease in efficacy. If you had this high quality mask you are probably expelling 75% of the virus. You don’t have that mask. You are expelling 90% of the virus with every breathe. The fact that you are using cheap cotton means there is no statistical difference between mask and no mask.

Being that this virus is less than 1000nm, it is lighter than air. It does not fall to the floor when you expel it. It hangs in the air for minutes to hours. Cotton masks are bunk!

Science people! Don’t believe the ideological mob that says #STEMisracist! Believe an actual scientist.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Here’s a mask filtration study. They use nm to size the particles. Novel Coronavirus is 60-120 nm.

An airtight, double layer, high quality cotton mask (Think 2 layers of luxury bed sheets) will filter ~ 80% (+/- 20%) of the virus you expel with each breath. Based on the gapped fit of other materials (trust me, your high quality mask is not fitted well) makes for 2/3 decrease in efficacy. If you had this high quality mask you are probably expelling 75% of the virus. You don’t have that mask. You are expelling 90% of the virus with every breathe. The fact that you are using cheap cotton means there is no statistical difference between mask and no mask.

Being that this virus is less than 1000nm, it is lighter than air. It does not fall to the floor when you expel it. It hangs in the air for minutes to hours. Cotton masks are bunk!

Science people! Don’t believe the ideological mob that says #STEMisracist! Believe an actual scientist.
                      <5um/5000nm is the generally agreed upon threshold for aerosolization.

Looks like most materials provide some measure of filtration. Of course fittedness matters with regards to efficacy. I'm more interested in the homemade masks dispersing the virus so that it becomes diluted in the air. Someone sneezing (the most powerful mode of projecting infectious material) without a hand or cloth in front can travel 10's of feet in a very dense pattern - think of a shotgun choke. With a face covering they can talk, cough, or sneeze and the virus will be deflected somewhat allowing it to hopefully reach less distance before either being caught up into air currents, hitting the the ground, or merely becoming dilute in the air to the point that transmission is nearly statistically impossible.

I know my N95 is secure when I can't even smell the air around me and it pops in and out like a bladder when I breathe... and I get winded when climbing stairs.

P.S. "The fact that you are using cheap cotton means there is no statistical difference between mask and no mask."

That is horseshit. Even the quilter's cotton would keep someone from spitting into another person's mouth. Projected saliva/mucus is going to have the highest concentrations of virus. We don't even know how many people are infected via airborne virus. I'm willing to concede that the majority of infections are from respiratory droplets greater than 5um.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

<5um/5000nm is the generally agreed upon threshold for aerosolization.

Looks like most materials provide some measure of filtration. Of course fittedness matters with regards to efficacy. I'm more interested in the homemade masks dispersing the virus so that it becomes diluted in the air. Someone sneezing (the most powerful mode of projecting infectious material) without a hand or cloth in front can travel 10's of feet in a very dense pattern - think of a shotgun choke. With a face covering they can talk, cough, or sneeze and the virus will be deflected somewhat allowing it to hopefully reach less distance before either being caught up into air currents, hitting the the ground, or merely becoming dilute in the air to the point that transmission is nearly statistically impossible.

I know my N95 is secure when I can't even smell the air around me and it pops in and out like a bladder when I breathe... and I get winded when climbing stairs.

P.S. "The fact that you are using cheap cotton means there is no statistical difference between mask and no mask."

That is horseshit. Even the quilter's cotton would keep someone from spitting into another person's mouth. Projected saliva/mucus is going to have the highest concentrations of virus. We don't even know how many people are infected via airborne virus. I'm willing to concede that the majority of infections are from respiratory droplets greater than 5um.

T

There’s no reason to believe that 5 um is the threshold. That’s the smallest size that water droplets aerosolize at. Covid will travel outside of those droplets. What you need to be concerned with is 0.1 um or 100 nm in size. It will not hit the ground as it is lighter than air. It will die in a matter of hours, but it will be suspended in the atmosphere and waiting for you to walk through it. You don’t have to spit into the mouth; you just have to be in the vicinity. The projected saliva is NOT the higher concentration. It is just part of it. That’s why masks work for other diseases; because other diseases are larger.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

There’s no reason to believe that 5 um is the threshold. That’s the smallest size that water droplets aerosolize at. Covid will travel outside of those droplets. What you need to be concerned with is 0.1 um or 100 nm in size. It will not hit the ground as it is lighter than air. It will die in a matter of hours, but it will be suspended in the atmosphere and waiting for you to walk through it. You don’t have to spit into the mouth; you just have to be in the vicinity. The projected saliva is NOT the higher concentration. It is just part of it. That’s why masks work for other diseases; because other diseases are larger.
                          Hey I push the "airborne narrative" as hard as anyone. I get rebuffed by health professionals. "It's no measles; it's no smallpox". I've read enough **** to convince me that this stuff flies very well. That being said, there are particular idiosyncrasies though that allow some people to not become infected when they are literally sitting right next to a spreader. But the guy 20 feet away in the same bus gets it. This virus is alien - from outer space or something.

Here's the very article I read 3 months ago that convinced me to order N95's in haste. I put tons of orders in on Amazon at good prices with most getting cancelled. But I got a few through. I think I got like 30 KN95's from China. I gave away a bunch to health care friends and family members. I still have a little pile left. I use 3 masks and rotate them out. One mask has been worn off and on for over 2 months. Still works nicely.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/scie...tance-and-stay

T

Comment

• N95 masks work pretty well.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                As Kung would say, you were doing great until you made it about ____ (in this case, Biden). If it works one way, it certainly ought to work the other.

Comment

Working...
                                X