No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The entire scientific community is your blah rebuttal to my specific examples? lol. Classic L response.

The only person continuously bringing up Trump is you. So yes he is gone, yes he did lose, but he’s still got a chunk of real estate cemented into your head.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      The entire scientific community is your blah rebuttal to my specific examples? lol. Classic L response.

The only person continuously bringing up Trump is you. So yes he is gone, yes he did lose, but he’s still got a chunk of real estate cemented into your head.
      I warned you all back when he was blundering up everything in the summer, that if he loses the presidential election, the criticism I will unleash will make the summer rantings look benign in comparison. I am a man of my word. If you don't want to feel the pain, don't allow yourself to get triggered by my commentary. If you can't help yourself, then block me. I'm not looking to rile people up when I post, I'm just venting.

P.S. Donald Trump occupied a helluva lot more R.E. in my head when I was on the train than he does now. I used to Google him 10x a day. Now it may be 1x a week. It's a dramatic breakup indeed. But what's sadder is how he was able to trick me so thoroughly. I bear some of the responsibility of all this mess (death) as I voted for him in 2016 and convinced a lot of others to do so also. Not that I would have EVER voted for Hillary. I find myself in foreign territory these days. Alone on an apolitical island, carving replicas of Trump's head out of used coconuts and then peeing on them.

Comment

• If you’re still infatuated with him, go for it. IDGAF. But don’t start up posts asking why are we still talking about him and that he lost and that he’s gone when it’s you that should be answering your own questions.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If you’re still infatuated with him, go for it. IDGAF. But don’t start up posts asking why are we still talking about him and that he lost and that he’s gone when it’s you that should be answering your own questions.
          I don't think I wonder why he's being talked about, rather why his narrative is still being talked about on this forum like it's real. I mean... it was a farce, a diversion, a Kansas City Shuffle. He was hoping to bluff his way out of the pandemic. He greatly underestimated the cost of his bluff.

https://news.yahoo.com/1-since-trump...213700729.html

It's been 1 year since Trump infamously tweeted the 'coronavirus is very much under control' in the U.S.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I don't think I wonder why he's being talked about, rather why his narrative is still being talked about on this forum like it's real. I mean... it was a farce, a diversion, a Kansas City Shuffle. He was hoping to bluff his way out of the pandemic. He greatly underestimated the cost of his bluff.

https://news.yahoo.com/1-since-trump...213700729.html

It's been 1 year since Trump infamously tweeted the 'coronavirus is very much under control' in the U.S.

I’ll take the bait. 5 days later your savior Fauci gave a very similar report.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post

I’ll take the bait. 5 days later your savior Fauci gave a very similar report.
              Annnnd crickets.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Annnnd crickets.
                So desperate for a win you don't even ask for a citing lol.

And you can *crickets* all you want. Michael Jordan doesn't bumble down to the Y every time some kid calls him out. I've grown tired of dismantling the resident Deniers' weak smack. I've grown tired of talking about this virus period.

And here's the link to what Ol Boy was probably talking about:

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200...rry-aboutrsquo

Newsmax interview

On Jan. 21 - the day the first COVID-19 case in the U.S. was confirmed - Fauci appeared on conservative Newsmax TV. “Bottom line, we don’t have to worry about this one, right?” asked Greg Kelly, the host.

Fauci said, “Obviously, you need to take it seriously and do the kind of things the (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and the Department of Homeland Security is doing. But this is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States right now should be worried about.”
                Sources

So Fauci, in a qualified response said, don’t worry “right now;” “you need to take it seriously;” and although “this is not a major threat,” keep an ear open to the CDC and Homeland Security.
                Catsimatidis interview

On Jan. 26, Fauci gave an interview to John Catsimatidis, a syndicated radio host in New York. “What can you tell the American people about what’s been going on?” Catsimatidis asked. “Should they be scared?”

“I don’t think so,” Fauci said. “The American people should not be worried or frightened by this. It’s a very, very low risk to the United States, but it’s something we, as public health officials, need to take very seriously.”

Fauci reiterated that COVID-19 “isn’t something the American people need to worry about or be frightened about” because, at the time, it was centered in China and the U.S. could screen travelers from that nation.

But Fauci also twice described the virus as “an evolving situation,” and said, “Every day, we have to look at it very carefully.”
                Bannon said, “Fauci told us there’s nothing to worry about. That’s his quote, ‘There’s nothing to worry about.’”

Fauci did say twice in late January, when there was one reported COVID-19 case in the U.S., that American shouldn’t worry about the virus. But Bannon omits an important detail: Both times, Fauci sadded that the situation could change.

So we rate Bannon’s statement Half True.
                So there ya go... a half win.

Unfortunately, upon closer inspection, and with a healthy adult brain, we realize quickly that the U.S. didn't have their first Covid death until Feb. 6th. So people were asking Fauci if we need to worry before the first Covid death even occured on U.S. soil. The answer is no, we do not have to worry. But we must remain vigilant.

The premise of shoxtop's post is that Fauci and Trump have said the same things since the beginning; and/or Fauci never adapted as the threat rose. An argument authored by a lesser, quite desperate mind.

The reality is, Fauci was telling everybody to please hunker down while Trump was Tweeting about liberating cities who were desperately trying to follow the good doctor's orders.

This is the last time I will be answering grade school arguments. The crickets will just have to take the place over.

P.S. Notice the time stamp on Trump's Tweet. Nearly a full month after Fauci's. And he wasn't Tweeting to provide guidance, he was Tweeting to hopefully stave off what was a developing market crash. He was thinking about his upcoming election.

P.P.S. The market dropped almost 40% after he put his stamp of approval on it being a good time to buy... lmao. >_<
                Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; February 26, 2021, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• Dr. Marty Makary Johns Hopkins said that herd immunity is close and states who efficiently are putting out the vaccines should week by week increase their states herd immunity.

Further, he said that he thought it would be a good idea to help businesses (bars and restaurants) by having immunity nights where businesses can serve customers at an increased capacity. Interesting. Might work with baseball and basketball games too.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

The premise of shoxtop's post is that Fauci and Trump have said the same things since the beginning; and/or Fauci never adapted as the threat rose. An argument authored by a lesser, quite desperate mind.
                    No, my premise was that when Trump made the quote you decided to post, Fauci agreed with him. Nothing more, nothing less. The rest of your argument is a complete strawman.

At the time, we had just begun to start seeing community spread and in Fauci's own words, "At this time there is no need to change anything that you're doing on a day by day basis. Right now the risk is still low, but this could change." So at the time, Fauci believed the virus was under control in the US. This was 4 days after Trump's tweet. Obviously we know what happened down the road, but at the time of the posted tweet, Trump and Fauci were on the same page about the virus being "under control".

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, joins Weekend TODAY to discuss the threat of coronavirus and the possibility of the disease’s “community spread.”

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post

No, my premise was that when Trump made the quote you decided to post, Fauci agreed with him. Nothing more, nothing less. The rest of your argument is a complete strawman.

At the time, we had just begun to start seeing community spread and in Fauci's own words, "At this time there is no need to change anything that you're doing on a day by day basis. Right now the risk is still low, but this could change." So at the time, Fauci believed the virus was under control in the US. This was 4 days after Trump's tweet. Obviously we know what happened down the road, but at the time of the posted tweet, Trump and Fauci were on the same page about the virus being "under control".

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, joins Weekend TODAY to discuss the threat of coronavirus and the possibility of the disease’s “community spread.”
                      You clearly don't know what a strawman is.

I agree with what Fauci said at the time. As should be abundantly clear by now, I didn't part ways with Mr. Trump until he started holding indoor rallies to start the summer death march kick-off. I stayed with him through all the blunderings including the Tweets about LiBeRaTiOns. I turned the other cheek many, many times.

The point of my original post, which wasn't intended to trigger you so... was merely a sad look back at Trump's year-long failure.

Sniping from the sidelines in hopes of tripping me up over what is truly a strawman argument: we know we can't deny Trump's failure so let's try and find distinguished people who've agreed with him in the first days of the pandemic in hopes of somehow simultaneously destroying their credibility while raising Trumps. These are the incoherent strategies of a broken brain.

P.S. The kind of person that goes around trying to discredit Dr. Fauci is the same kind of person that subscribes to QANON B.S. Undisciplined minds with an inability to gain perspective... likely because their head is up their caboose.

Thanks for the chat!

Comment

• “Getting the win?” Is this what this is about to you?

Can you even name 5 players on the basketball team?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Rep. Jim Jordan

@Jim_Jordan
                          ·

Instead of spending 1.9 trillion dollars, why don’t we: ---Go back to work ----Go back to school ----Go back to normal

Comment

• Ron DeSantis

@GovRonDeSantis
                            ·
                            Feb 25
                            Great news - a new report shows Florida’s students now rank 2nd in the nation in AP exam success. This accomplishment is a testament to our students’ hard work and we look forward to claiming the number one spot next year!

Comment

• I cannot think of anything more despicable that Biden, Pelosi, and Schumer using the pandemic to steal billions of dollars from the taxpayers to fund their pet projects; doing it atop the bodies of those who died.

Comment

• Numbers continue to substantially lower locally and nationally and Cold’s posts continue to lower substantially.

Coincidence?
                                Last edited by ShockerFever; March 2, 2021, 07:43 AM.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X