Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

So Australians and Germans are all out having a good time in the streets now since they defeated it with their early control?
    Yeah, for most of the pandemic.

I posted an article last month showing Germans all out enjoying dinner. It was a photo that made me positively envious.

Fauci has been saying from the start that we need to get our baseline infection rate down. This would allow us to operate fairly normally if we attacked hot spots aggressively. The countries I've mentioned have had lockdowns, but life has been very normal compared to what we experience.

We have liberty but are under siege by the virus. They have slightly reduced liberty, but the virus has been a Nothingburger for 75% of the pandemic.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      https://www.kansas.com/opinion/edito...247262874.html

****ing incompetent, delusional, brainwashed Covidiots!
      Has the death rate increased? I haven’t seen the numbers.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Yeah, for most of the pandemic.

I posted an article last month showing Germans all out enjoying dinner. It was a photo that made me positively envious.

Fauci has been saying from the start that we need to get our baseline infection rate down. This would allow us to operate fairly normally if we attacked hot spots aggressively. The countries I've mentioned have had lockdowns, but life has been very normal compared to what we experience.

We have liberty but are under siege by the virus. They have slightly reduced liberty, but the virus has been a Nothingburger for 75% of the pandemic.
        Germany has had a mask mandate since the spring. Parts of Australia won’t let you travel more than 5 km from your house unless it’s for essential work.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Germany has had a mask mandate since the spring. Parts of Australia won’t let you travel more than 5 km from your house unless it’s for essential work.
          That’s what I thought. Thanks.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Absolutely! And that's exactly my point. Although the photo of diners in Germany that I saw had no masks. They didn't need them at the time because the virus was nearly eradicated.

In some parts of Australia there's a $1k fine for not wearing your mask. I'll live under that "iron fist" to be able to be free from the scourge until vaccine distribution.

You see, some of the whiners on here act like this is the way they will have to live forever. I mean, I've seen children with better coping skills in difficult situations.

Maybe the Euros have a point when they call us lazy, stupid, Americans.

No need to even break the crayons out for these works of art. I think ya'll get the picture. During that 5 month period from June to October when Germany had basically eradicated Corona is when I saw those photos of people happily eating in restaurants like they were back in 2019. Made me seething mad. They probably got a little cocky which is why things have tightened up now, but imagine how beneficial it was for everybody's mental health, to roam around for 5 mos. drinking piss-warm beer while laughing their asses off at us w/ Trump across the pond.

Comment

Has the death rate increased? I haven’t seen the numbers.
              For Kansas? Of course.

I went ahead and broke out the crayons for this one.

Comment

• So your point of “getting control of it early” would’ve made no difference because it would eventually have come back because... it’s a virus.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• And I thought India was gonna drop off the earth? 3 times as many people in a smaller geographical area with sub-level healthcare. And we’re supposed to believe we’re getting this worse cuz, we’re just dumb ol ignorant Americans? Data is messed up somewhere yes?

And China no deaths since April? LMAO. Let me guess, we’re supposed to believe that too? With like 1000 cases since then?

When you keep pounding away at America for being the dumbest country on earth, maybe consider the data is fudged up along the line somewhere too. Or maybe like Doc said, it’s cuz we’re all fat and that’s the virus’s main target.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Atlas on the outs with coronavirus task force but still pushing Trump's pandemic claims

Trump's top pandemic adviser hasn't attended a White House task force meeting in person since September.

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump’s top medical adviser on the coronavirus pandemic, Dr. Scott Atlas, has not attended White House task force meetings in person since late September, according to two administration officials, as he continues to spread misinformation about the worsening health crisis.

The growing split between Atlas and task force leaders came after the group’s leading medical experts — Dr. Deborah Birx and Dr. Anthony Fauci — indicated that they did not appreciate Atlas’ controversial input or contributions in the Situation Room gatherings.

“That was done in deference to Fauci and Birx because they basically said they will not work with him,” a senior administration official said about the adviser's absence at the meetings.

Atlas, who became the group’s newest member in August and frequently works in the White House complex, has been elevated by the president in recent weeks because his views align more closely with Trump’s in terms of downplaying the seriousness of the virus and questioning the efficacy of masks.
                    What an embarrassment.

Comment

• No thoughts on India huh?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        It is indisputable that more people are masking up today than at any time since this began.

Yet it continues to spread.

Science.
                        There is a large contingency of people (mostly Trumpers) who continue to not mask up or mask up inappropriately, etc. etc.

People STILL attend restaurants, bars, etc. with NO mask. They take them off while seated. Most of my friends who have gotten Covid did so while in a small group in restaurants or parties (even outdoors).

Dr. Fauci recently made a statement that the trend towards infections has moved away from public areas and towards private gatherings between "people who trust" each other. He is literally begging people to call off family gatherings during the holidays. But you know there are 10's of millions of Trumpers who will not comply.

So the official rebuttal to your pith-filled statement is this: Masks work in a general sense. The better the masks, the more (the better) masks are worn, the better they work. When masks are taken off and strangers meet strangers, it's no different than a guy that wears a condom every other time he has sex with a random. He's eventually going to get burnt or build a baby.

We need people to wear masks (good clean ones) EVERYTIME they are out in public with strangers. That means absolutely no sitting in a restaurant with a group of your coworkers with your masks off. Each and every one of those people would say, "Hey, I wear a mask!". And their statement would be partially untrue. You must wear it ALL THE TIME around strangers.

Then add in the father who gets it at the club, restaurant, bar, wherever - and then comes home to bang his wife and kiss his children.

Then add in the Trumpers who walk around with the mask around their chin and hold as many Covid parties as they can get away with at their homes with their neighbors because... MUH LIBERTY!

There's your answer.

And in case you are still dubious, read Aargh's post in the tournament thread that I highlighted where he details countries that successfully suppressed their community spread with masks, contact tracing, and social distancing.

Where we failed was not enough compliance. We had good compliance but not enough, and our leadership was total ****. And by leadership I mean Donald Trump and his ****ing CDC-contradicting TWEETS!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          No thoughts on India huh?
                          India either has superior compliance, a genetic/comorbidity advantage to our country, or spotty reporting (but that effect would be limited as they have a mostly free press). I cannot imagine they have a better doctor-patient ratio. And their communities surely must be, on average, more dense than ours.

Covid is real.

Comment

• Covid is real, and nobody knows what it's gonna do or how it's gonna react. You wanna talk about countries, talk about every single one, cause a lot of data cannot be explained.

Comment

There is a large contingency of people (mostly Trumpers) who continue to not mask up or mask up inappropriately, etc. etc.

People STILL attend restaurants, bars, etc. with NO mask. They take them off while seated. Most of my friends who have gotten Covid did so while in a small group in restaurants or parties (even outdoors).

Dr. Fauci recently made a statement that the trend towards infections has moved away from public areas and towards private gatherings between "people who trust" each other. He is literally begging people to call off family gatherings during the holidays. But you know there are 10's of millions of Trumpers who will not comply.

So the official rebuttal to your pith-filled statement is this: Masks work in a general sense. The better the masks, the more (the better) masks are worn, the better they work. When masks are taken off and strangers meet strangers, it's no different than a guy that wears a condom every other time he has sex with a random. He's eventually going to get burnt or build a baby.

We need people to wear masks (good clean ones) EVERYTIME they are out in public with strangers. That means absolutely no sitting in a restaurant with a group of your coworkers with your masks off. Each and every one of those people would say, "Hey, I wear a mask!". And their statement would be partially untrue. You must wear it ALL THE TIME around strangers.

Then add in the father who gets it at the club, restaurant, bar, wherever - and then comes home to bang his wife and kiss his children.

Then add in the Trumpers who walk around with the mask around their chin and hold as many Covid parties as they can get away with at their homes with their neighbors because... MUH LIBERTY!

There's your answer.

And in case you are still dubious, read Aargh's post in the tournament thread that I highlighted where he details countries that successfully suppressed their community spread with masks, contact tracing, and social distancing.

Where we failed was not enough compliance. We had good compliance but not enough, and our leadership was total ****. And by leadership I mean Donald Trump and his ****ing CDC-contradicting TWEETS!
                              Please provide me with your proof that there is a large contingency of people who do not mask up or that mask up inappropriately. Also provide me with evidence that they are mostly Trumpers. This is the biggest fallacy being perpetrated by the MSM and morons like yourself. There is absolutely zero evidence. It is complete hearsay and conjecture and shows your simplicity and laziness.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Please provide me with your proof that there is a large contingency of people who do not mask up or that mask up inappropriately. Also provide me with evidence that they are mostly Trumpers. This is the biggest fallacy being perpetrated by the MSM and morons like yourself. There is absolutely zero evidence. It is complete hearsay and conjecture and shows your simplicity and laziness.
                                Hey bro, don't ever call me out again. I'm exactly the last person you ever wanna call out lol.

I shouldn't have even responded. Anybody that would even ask for proof that Trumpers don't mask appropriately is either insincere or ****ing mental.

Twitter has removed a tweet from White House coronavirus task force member Dr. Scott Atlas that sought to undermine the importance of face masks because it was in violation of the platform’s Covid-19 Misleading Information Policy, a spokesman for the company confirmed on Sunday.

President Trump called Laura Ingraham, a Fox News host, “politically correct” for wearing a mask during his rally in Michigan on Friday.

Looking at the public health effects, and perhaps mortality rate, from President Trump’s running dismissal of wearing face masks to minimize the spread of coronavirus.

During a campaign rally in Arizona, U.S. President Donald Trump said that “In California, you have a special mask. You cannot, under any circumstances, take it off. You have to eat through the mask.”

After months of downplaying the coronavirus and resisting wearing a mask, President Donald Trump wore one as he headed to the hospital Friday afternoon.

President Donald Trump on Thursday mocked Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden for wearing a face mask even as the US continues to lead the world in coronavirus cases, with more than 6 million infections.

Thousands of maskless congregants gather weekly at Grace Community Church as Pastor John MacArthur ignores orders from a judge and public health officials.

3 billion links more...

Comment

Working...
                                X