Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I know it's not convenient, but you could try Central Christian School in Hutch. They are still having in-person classes and may take new students. Assuming you reside in the McPherson area, you could also check with Elyria.
    I appreciate the feedback. There are several I know that are moving that route. Hutchinson would be an hour round trip twice a day, so that’s out. Elyria is very expensive. Saint Joe’s is reasonably priced and I can see it from my house. We will be enrolling our youngest there next year.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Did you just say, "pseudo denial group" ???

Was that supposed to be a joke?

I read an article the other day detailing a cult like mind control that Trump has over "his" party with respect to the pandemic. These people will go to their graves dying and not admitting the virus is real.

Jodi Doering's tweet went viral on social media over the weekend after she tweeted about patients who "don’t believe the virus is real ... while gasping for breath on 100% Vapotherm."
      "It wasn't one particular patient, it's just a culmination of so many people," Doering told CNN's "New Day." "And their last, dying words are, ‘This can’t be happening. It’s not real.’ "
      "People want it to be influenza, they want it to be pneumonia," Doering said. "We've even had people say, 'You know, I think it might be lung cancer.' ... Even after positive results come back, some people just don't believe it."

Doering said multiple patients target nurses like her with their "anger and hatred."
      "They call you names and ask why you have to wear all that 'stuff' because they don’t have COVID because it’s not real," she tweeted on Saturday.

"I think it's just a belief that it's not real and nursing happens to be on the receiving end of that," she told CNN.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Anybody and everybody that continues to snark in the face of scientists who are just trying to do their jobs does not believe in the pandemic, regardless of the lip service they give it.

A normal person would respect the situation and follow the guidelines. They wouldn't cry about their liberty, or their inconvenience.

The pandemic... is real.
        These three statements aren’t related. You can agree with any one or two and reject the rest without cognitive dissonance.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• These poor impressionable people look up to Trump like they do Jesus... because they think Trump was appointed by Jesus. So when Saint Trump tells then that the Chinese Flu is a Democratic Hoax that kills practically nobody, they take it like Gospel. Trump has a lot of blood on his hands for politicizing this pandemic. The world used to laugh at us, now they just feel pity.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            That's all. I made no judgement otherwise or tried to downplay the significance whatsoever.
            And yes you did sir otherwise I wouldn't have singled you out.

You equated lockdowns with virtue signaling. You know what you did.

There is no governor in the country that wishes to be in this mess or be locking down his/her populace. But when the hospitals are full, you have no choice. Wake up! Encourage your brother and sister to take the virus seriously and to stop the infections until we can get the vaccine in circulation.

In the meantime, turn off whatever source of propaganda you are using to feed your delusion.

Comment

• Eight months ago, when the novel coronavirus was still novel and Wichita-area hospitals had yet to report their first COVID-19 patient, Jim Howell balked at restrictions aimed at curbing the spread.

Back in March, hospitals were quiet. Calm before what has become a devastating storm.

“That should be our trigger — just watch what the hospitals are doing,” Howell, a Sedgwick County commissioner, said at the time.

“That should be one of our data points we’re looking at to make our decisions.”
              On Wednesday, Wichita hospital officials reported dire conditions — record levels of COVID-19 cases, record numbers of patients in hospital rooms and ICUs, worsening shortages of doctors and nurses, staff members stressed and needing relief.

Dr. Lowell Ebersole, chief medical officer for Wesley Medical Center, pleaded with commissioners to enact tougher restrictions aimed at slowing the spread and saving lives:

Close bars, nightclubs, large venues and other gathering spots. Cancel sporting events. Restrict restaurants to take-out only. Prohibit gatherings of more than 10 people.
              How did Howell respond? With more hemming, hawing and hesitation.

“What we’re seeing right now may be bigger than anything we can control,” Howell said.
              ****ing incompetent, delusional, brainwashed Covidiots!

Comment

And yes you did sir otherwise I wouldn't have singled you out.

You equated lockdowns with virtue signaling. You know what you did.

There is no governor in the country that wishes to be in this mess or be locking down his/her populace. But when the hospitals are full, you have no choice. Wake up! Encourage your brother and sister to take the virus seriously and to stop the infections until we can get the vaccine in circulation.

In the meantime, turn off whatever source of propaganda you are using to feed your delusion.
                I stated that those that are most fervent in favor of lockdowns are not the ones that are going to bear the financial brunt of the lockdown. Yet in taking the position that lockdowns are necessary, those people present themselves to everyone who disagrees on that stance that they are smarter, more virtuous and moral because, they are willing to do the things necessary to stop the virus and ultimately save lives. The actuality is that they are not placing themselves in any jeopardy financially or otherwise whatsoever, so they are merely 'signaling' their virtue of caring for all lives in that regard. I'm sure that you do care about the lives of people who will be lost to this virus. My personal opinion is that unless you are willing to go into poverty or 100% government assistance in the fight against Covid, you shouldn't be making value judgements against those people that face that very real possibility if a lockdown is enacted.

And you can be for saving lives where possible, and also be against unnecessarily putting financial burdens on people who aren't really at serious risk with this disease.

I know, I know. Propaganda again. I apologize. Whenever those of us make any sort of case to the contrary, it's propaganda, but whenever forced lockdowns and government control get expanded, it's science. I'll try to remember that.

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I stated that those that are most fervent in favor of lockdowns are not the ones that are going to bear the financial brunt of the lockdown. Yet in taking the position that lockdowns are necessary, those people present themselves to everyone who disagrees on that stance that they are smarter, more virtuous and moral because, they are willing to do the things necessary to stop the virus and ultimately save lives. The actuality is that they are not placing themselves in any jeopardy financially or otherwise whatsoever, so they are merely 'signaling' their virtue of caring for all lives in that regard. I'm sure that you do care about the lives of people who will be lost to this virus. My personal opinion is that unless you are willing to go into poverty or 100% government assistance in the fight against Covid, you shouldn't be making value judgements against those people that face that very real possibility if a lockdown is enacted.

And you can be for saving lives where possible, and also be against unnecessarily putting financial burdens on people who aren't really at serious risk with this disease.

I know, I know. Propaganda again. I apologize. Whenever those of us make any sort of case to the contrary, it's propaganda, but whenever forced lockdowns and government control get expanded, it's science. I'll try to remember that.
                  The virus is real.

Nobody wants anyone to lose their job, business, or livelihood. Do you remember anybody prior to Covid wanting someone to lose their business because... TYRANNY!!11111

I don't believe in lockdowns UNLESS the hospitals are full BECAUSE some Covidiot convinced 10's of millions of people that wearing a mask is akin to joining the Communist Party and it's not just their RIGHT but their DUTY to snatch that stinking symbol of oppression off their face.

In fact, I think the old hammer and sickle of the Soviet Union should be replaced with a syringe and a mask. That's the modern day Soviet union. Vaccines and masks.

J.
                  F.
                  C.

Somebody just put me out of my misery.

Comment

Anybody and everybody that continues to snark in the face of scientists who are just trying to do their jobs does not believe in the pandemic, regardless of the lip service they give it.

A normal person would respect the situation and follow the guidelines. They wouldn't cry about their liberty, or their inconvenience.

The pandemic... is real.
                    Please also advise me which guidelines I'm not following.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

The virus is real.

Nobody wants anyone to lose their job, business, or livelihood. Do you remember anybody prior to Covid wanting someone to lose their business because... TYRANNY!!11111

I don't believe in lockdowns UNLESS the hospitals are full BECAUSE some Covidiot convinced 10's of millions of people that wearing a mask is akin to joining the Communist Party and it's not just their RIGHT but their DUTY to snatch that stinking symbol of oppression off their face.

In fact, I think the old hammer and sickle of the Soviet Union should be replaced with a syringe and a mask. That's the modern day Soviet union. Vaccines and masks.

J.
                      F.
                      C.

Somebody just put me out of my misery.
                      Christ, I never even argued against masks.

Comment

Please also advise me which guidelines I'm not following.
                        I offer the following example:

The sergeant calls for his troops to get in formation, but half do so while saying the following: "I hate getting in stupid ****ing formation! I hate these drills! I hate my instructor! I hate this entire GD tyrannical outfit!".

Would you say the outspoken members of the platoon are following the guidelines? What effect do you think that kind of behavior has on the rest of the troops? More compliance or less?

Why can't people just look at what we're facing and work together to solve the problem.

I know why, because the Big Mouth in Charge said it was another Russia, Russia, Russia, Democratic hoax after he was briefed on the seriousness of the issue at hand (simultaneously sharing it with Bob Woodward). The Bad Orange Man decided to use the pandemic for political purposes and to further divide this country instead of just stepping out of the spotlight and letting the professionals handle the problem like all of the other successful countries have.

A friend of a friend got relocated to China. He had to endure a two week hard quarantine in a facility specifically designed for such things. No leaving the facility for 2 weeks. No exceptions. The freedom-loving American looked very stressed the last week of his quarantine, but he made it! And China has no virus problem.

Comment

• If you disagree ever so slightly with anything GodColdGod has to say regarding the issue, then you disagree with him on everything. That’s why he continues to respond with the “virus is real” shtick even though everybody in the forum knows it is. We just have different ideas on how to handle it, “interpret the data”, and guess about it.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Christ, I never even argued against masks.
                            Let me spell it out for you: the absence of masks creates the necessity for lockdowns.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              If you disagree ever so slightly with anything GodColdGod has to say regarding the issue, then you disagree with him on everything. That’s why he continues to respond with the “virus is real” shtick even though everybody in the forum knows it is. We just have different ideas on how to handle it, “interpret the data”, and guess about it.
                              Your idea on how to handle it is to deny the reality of the death count and blame the infections on more testing.

P.S. THE VIRUS IS REAL.

P.P.S. I cannot believe we hit 2k deaths yesterday a month and a half ahead of schedule. I am livid!

P.P.P.S. Merry ****ing Christmas.

Comment

I offer the following example:

The sergeant calls for his troops to get in formation, but half do so while saying the following: "I hate getting in stupid ****ing formation! I hate these drills! I hate my instructor! I hate this entire GD tyrannical outfit!".

Would you say the outspoken members of the platoon are following the guidelines? What effect do you think that kind of behavior has on the rest of the troops? More compliance or less?

Why can't people just look at what we're facing and work together to solve the problem.

I know why, because the Big Mouth in Charge said it was another Russia, Russia, Russia, Democratic hoax after he was briefed on the seriousness of the issue at hand (simultaneously sharing it with Bob Woodward). The Bad Orange Man decided to use the pandemic for political purposes and to further divide this country instead of just stepping out of the spotlight and letting the professionals handle the problem like all of the other successful countries have.

A friend of a friend got relocated to China. He had to endure a two week hard quarantine in a facility specifically designed for such things. No leaving the facility for 2 weeks. No exceptions. The freedom-loving American looked very stressed the last week of his quarantine, but he made it! And China has no virus problem.
                                I don't mean to be nit-picky, but citing military life and China doesn't seem like it's going to persuade those saying that Covid regulations are tyrannical.

Mainly because in the military, you do WTF your told by anyone above you, and failure to do so means your ass. And it's a pretty strict chain of command of who can tell you what to do (so I'm told).

And China is literally a communist dictatorship. (again, so I'm told).

Comment

Working...
                                X