Iowa Democratic Caucus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa Democratic Caucus

Has been described as the "Iowa Shitshow". Democrat representatives have said the "Whole system largely broke". Speculation is this will end Iowa as being "first" and will be likely replaced.

Biden on the counter-attack. He and warren are projected to be the big losers.

Biden’s general counsel has released a letter tonight to the leaders of the Iowa Democratic Party asking for an explanation of tonight’s mishaps BEFORE the party puts out the official results.

Comment

I'm laughing my ass off. Bush's fault.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

CNN describes it as a “disastrous and embarrassing start” for the Democrats.

Still no final results as of this morning.

Comment

Bernie must have won.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

When everybody cheats equally, nobody wins

Comment

Everybody is taking turns finding additional boxes of votes, one in the back of a van, another in a storeroom closet and another in the trunk of a car. They're up to 4 million caucus votes in Iowa now and don't know how to explain it!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                Everybody is taking turns finding additional boxes of votes, one in the back of a van, another in a storeroom closet and another in the trunk of a car. They're up to 4 million caucus votes in Iowa now and don't know how to explain it!! LOL
                Dead people are always actively-voting democrats. It's weird.

Comment

They withheld the final poll, and now the results. Does anybody believe the phones did not work? I assume Biden finished 5th behind Amy, but so what?

Comment

Certainly a bad day for Iowa. Did anyone see Biden's speech? He could BARELY look up from his notes. The "why, why, why, why" attack on the CBS reporter a couple of weeks ago. I can't believe those around him can't figure out that he's damaged, quite possibly with early onset Dementia or worse, Alzheimer's. I feel very bad for him, and it's not right they are allowing him to continue.

Perhaps that's why Mini Mike and Amy are getting traction.

I don't believe this year that Iowa is in play for the Dems. Trump's numbers were huge last night. It would take an economic collapse for voters there to support one of these Dems at this point.

At this point though, Iowa is the only state I see moving position, either in or out of play, as compared to 2016. I don't see anything safe for either party that wasn't already safe. Michigan will continue to trend a tiny bit more red, along with Florida, while Nevada trends more solidly blue. Perhaps Ohio won't be in play either. Trump won fairly easily, almost 450,000 votes, but it's odd enough to still be a bit of a tossup.

Also, just a little bit encouraging, while really close, the projection for redistricting and redistribution of electoral college votes seems to be slightly favoring the GOP. Texas looks to be the big winner, gaining as many as 3 extra votes. Other projected state winners are thought to be Arizona, Oregon, North Carolina, Florida and Colorado as well as potentially Montana. Losers are likely to be California, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New York, Minnesota, Ohio, Rhode Island, Michigan and West Virginia. All should move 1 vote up or down. It's a solid +5 for the GOP as it stands right now.
                    Last edited by WuDrWu; February 4, 2020, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Does anyone trust Democrats to run healthcare, the economy, our education system, or anything for that matter?

Comment

Sadly, there are a large number of citizens that would much prefer washing their hands of messes like healthcare. Just give me a little money, some schoolin', my medicine and retirement and I'm good. I'll take it from there. Of course, we know that will never work, and in fact is a recipe for disaster.

Comment

Probably appropriate here also...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

The Iowa Democratic Party caught on a hot mic:

Comment

Working...
                              X