Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15's

"I am, if it's a weaponed that's designed to kill people on a battlefield. If the high impact, high velocity round shreds everything inside of your body. ... When we see that being used against children," O'Rourke said, asked if he was proposing taking away AR-15's and AK-47's.

"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47. We're not going to allow it to be used against our fellow Americans anymore," he continued.
    No, it's a weapon that was designed to be more accurate from greater distances than the Russian AK-47 counterpart, with lighter ammunition so more could be carried on the battlefield, you totally uninformed, treasonous, Kennedy-looking mother****er.

The experience on the battlefield with regards to lethality using the AR-15 has been underwhelming. It's nickname is "poodle shooter". The AR-15 does a better job of wounding bad guys than it does killing them. Some say that was the intention all along as a wounded enemy soldier takes more attention and resources than a dead one.

"Shredding everything inside your body".... LOL

Do you know how many rifles in the world are more powerful than the scary AR-15? Well... pretty much all of them. If the AR-15 is the shredder of "everything inside your body", a typical hunting rifle would be the atomic bomb of everything inside your body. Go into a schoolyard with a .308 and you can kill 5 for the price of 1 compared to an AR-15 (5.56). And there are plenty of .308 semi-autos with 20+ mag capacities.

You want to stop mass violence where people congregate? Then you start arming good guys and meet force with force you Ignorance-spewing, liberty-sucking, child.

We should be thankful the crazies are only using poodle-shooters. Take away their rifles and they will start running groups of kids over with trucks or sliding pressure cooker bombs filled with nails into lunch rooms. Then let's see what your solution will be you backwards-ass, trilingual ape (he speaks English, Spanish, and Dumbass fluently).

T

...:cool:

AMEN

Comment

It's amazing to think that just five years ago I was talking with a friend about how and when the Libtards would make their gun grab. We both concluded that something this radical would be far into the future as the backlash would be severe in many parts of the country. And here we are now...

The good news is CB is a law abiding, mostly peaceful individual. So when he feels his rights being infringed upon, he just hops onto the net and purchases some instant catharsis. Here's the retribution du jour:

AR-15 / M16 high capacity 100 round dual drum mag.  Manufactured in South Korea for Korean military use. This is the Gen II version that list new re-enforced feed lips and does not require a graphite lubricant. Comes complete with case.

Do I need it? No.. well, maybe? Why don't you ****ers come and try to take it from me? I bought two, one for each arm.

T

Comment

Actually, the AR-15 was NEVER intended for the battlefield. It’s the civilian version of the M-16. The AR-15 has been successfully marketed as an easy to use sportsman rifle; appropriate for self defense, medium game, and range target shooting. It’s the equivalent of a Jeep CJ/wrangler. Customizable for the enthusiast or cool for the soccer mom. Purpose built and easy to use.

I believe most of cold’s comments are true of the .223. It’s an intermediate cartridge between that used in handguns and that used for big game hunting.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• pinstripers
          pinstripers commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorta. The AR-15 preceded the military version.

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          In some states .223/5.56 is illegal to hunt with. It's literally that poor at humanely taking down human-sized game (deer). The important difference with the AR(malite) style rifle between the civilian and military versions is a select-fire function. One of my AR's is a Colt and it's military spec. It's literally the same gun you'd see on the battleground or in law enforcement except in much better condition (unfired) and no select-fire.

T

Cold's going all ... :twoguns:
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• wichshock65
          wichshock65 commented
          Editing a comment
          We have new emojis?

• Kung Wu
          Kung Wu commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I added some and removed a few. I'll try to add one or two a week for a while.

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice!

T

I bet Venezuelans wish they didn’t sell their guns to the government.

Comment

• Kung Wu
          Kung Wu commented
          Editing a comment
          Drop the mic.

Did you notice that O'Rourke's "hell, yes, we're taking your AR-15..." comment got the most applause of the evening? It was around the level of applause Trump gets for his "build the wall" chants at his rallies.

Trump has a solid voter base that supports no restrictions at all on the Second Amendment. There's another voter base building that supports oulawing weapons identified as assault rifles.

Trump's approval rating is pretty steady just above 40% (currently 41.6%). His disapproval rate currently stands at 53.7%. That totals 95.3%, so there's virtually no Undecided group.

So far O'Rourke is the only Democrat to come out and say "we're taking your (guns)". With the response that got, the others are going to have to take some stance, although I doubt any are going to go so far as to suggest confiscation. I haven't seen any polls since the debate. If O'Rourke gets an upward bump, then confiscation is in the discussion for 2020. Once confiscation becomes the leftist position, then restriction becomes the centrist position.

As long as the Senate is controlled by McConnell neither confiscation nor restriction can occur. McConnell has set a precedent that changes our government from a democracy to an autocracy. McConnell won't let the Senate vote on anything unless the President supports it. That means it is impossible to enact anything on the Federal level without the approval of a single person, the President. Obama and Trump have shown us that, over the years, Congress has given too much power to the President. Our government has moved too far to giving the Executive too much power and giving the political parties too much power.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

As long as the second amendment is in place, confiscation can’t occur. Beto got cheers, but they were no where near what Trump gets...mainly because of the crowd difference.

One candidate is cheering to to control the boarders..,a right granted to the federal gov. Another is cheering repealing a god given right by executive order. Pretty much the same thing.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            As long as the second amendment is in place, confiscation can’t occur. Beto got cheers, but they were no where near what Trump gets...mainly because of the crowd difference.

One candidate is cheering to to control the boarders..,a right granted to the federal gov. Another is cheering repealing a god given right by executive order. Pretty much the same thing.
            They're "pretty much the same thing" the same way that proposing a mandatory buyback of AR-15's is "pretty much the same thing" as repealing the Second Amendment through an executive order.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

They're "pretty much the same thing" the same way that proposing a mandatory buyback of AR-15's is "pretty much the same thing" as repealing the Second Amendment through an executive order.
              Even though the President can't change the Constitution, the Democrats have a prominent member on the record for having said "it". I'm sure Beto's statement will go into the "Cloud" never to be mentioned again. :)

There is a significant number of Democrats who agree with him even though at this time, it won't result in anything.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

I do consider the mandatory buyback of arms as being in direct contradiction to the second amendment, and to do so would require this action. So...yes.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• jdshock
                  jdshock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Can you name how many restrictions we have had on guns locally and federally where they have been ruled constitutional but we have not had to repeal the Second Amendment?

It's possible that a mandatory buyback would be ruled unconstitutional. It's also possible that it would be ruled constitutional. But nowhere did he say he was going to use an executive order to repeal the Second Amendment.

• WichitaStateGuy
                  WichitaStateGuy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When he says that he’s going to do it his first day in office, it’s kinda implied. You’re being disingenuous. And a mandatory buyback would be found unconstitutional. Ref Heller vs DC. Biden even admitted this. Take off your partisan glasses for 2 seconds. I’m not even a gun guy and it’s obviously a politically motivated agenda that’s being pushed. Handguns kill far more people than assault weapons. Are young kids killed in drive-by shootings by handguns less valuable to Beto than kids killed by assault weapons, even though one happens 4x more than the other?

• ShockingButTrue
                  ShockingButTrue commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ... Not a part of the gun conversation... To democrats.

We’ve had several constitutional limitations. We’ve had zero buybacks. In fact, The District of Columbia v. Heller decision found that the Second Amendment protected weapons “in common use by law-abiding citizens.” The AR-15 clearly meets both criteria. It’s one of the most popular guns in America. Its semi-automatic mechanism is the same mechanism found in a majority of other legal firearms in the nation.

Hell! Even when they banned the sale of new machine guns, they didn’t confiscate existing ones.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• jdshock
                  jdshock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you believe a mandatory buyback of AR-15s would be unconstitutional, that's a reason the Supreme Court would undo a mandatory buyback program. It's not evidence that anyone is proposing to repeal the Second Amendment via executive order.
                  Last edited by jdshock; September 17, 2019, 11:57 AM.

• wufan
                  wufan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Okay, semantically I was incorrect. How about this?

One candidate is cheering to control the boarders..,a right granted to the federal gov. Another is opposing a god given right (enshrined in the second amendment) by executive order.

I guess if I’m going to circumvent the constitution, I’d put a 1000% tax on firearms and ban the sale on new ones.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Comment

Gunmaker Colt says it is suspending its production of rifles for the civilian market including the popular AR-15.

Comment

Working...
                    X