No announcement yet.

Red Light Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My solution: Pass a law to make stopping at red lights optional.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• abdullah_sharif
      abdullah_sharif commented
      Editing a comment
      it always has been.. there just may be consequences for not doing so

Great discussion. I don’t yet have an opinion, but am enjoying hearing others.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
      Cmon Kung, you of all people on this board know that camera tracking is the absolute least efficient way to accomplish tracking in this day and age. More and more detail is coming out about what info we’ve been able to buy from a marketing standpoint. It freaks people out but they sure don’t want to give up the conveniences that created (and maintain) that market. For the most part, the data these marketing companies collect and sell is fairly anonymized, but that’s not exactly the case when you own all the data right? Question is who are we more worried about? Big Gov or Big Corp?
      This documentary is a few years old now, but raises interesting thoughts as well about all the big data being collected.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Not a huge fan of the idea. We'll be riding in driverless Robotaxis in a few years anyway.
        Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Officers detained Lindsey Webb after she failed to appear at Suffolk Magistrates' Court and she was ordered to pay £50 to Ipswich Borough Council after being locked in a cell.

"Bills addressed to her were found in the bags and CCTV captured her leaving the bags to be collection [sic]."

Yeesh, excellent use of CCTV footage. Glad that they were able to nab this lady and bring her to justice. Getting women like this off the streets of Suffolk is imperative!

Comment

• ShockerPrez
            ShockerPrez commented
            Editing a comment
            This is why we need antifa to fight these conservative fascists putting mothers in jail for not using the right color rubbish bags for their rubbish.

And CCTV cameras are nevessary to catch these fascists not using the right colored bags for their rubbish.

• Kung Wu
            Kung Wu commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, it's the conservative, fascist, nazis, that established the recycling laws. Fight the man! Power to the peop -- urr -- government! I mean the government made the law and got this scumbag off the streets, but -- wait she's a scumbag right? [jazz hands] -- but its the evil fascists that made us make the law because of their corporate pollution [jazz hands]! Need MORE government and surveillance to right this ship [very loud jazz hands]! WILL YOU PLEASE NOT JAZZ HAND WHILE I AM SORTING OUT MY RANT ON THE FLY, IT'S CAUSING ME OPTICAL DISTRESS!!
            Last edited by Kung Wu; August 20, 2019, 09:52 AM.

I’ve never heard of a red light or speed camera system that WASN’T managed by a private third party that hauled in a huge chunk of the profits. Generally, they are a considerable source of corruption and perverse incentive. Many municipalities (via the elected officials, not the bureaucrats with badges and guns who are in on the fleecing) have started to outlaw them due to these issues.

They’re a symptom of the metastasized cancer that afflicts our governments, so nope... not a fan.

Comment

• Kung Wu
            Kung Wu commented
            Editing a comment
            [jazz hands]

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            Better than jizz hands...

• Kung Wu
            Kung Wu commented
            Editing a comment
            WstateU .... oh no you di'int

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

i didn’t realize that running red lights was protected under the constitution. Or maybe you really can’t make the same argument can you.
          Maybe red lights hadn't been invented yet at the time the Founders framed the Constitution? So maybe if they had, the argument would be similar. What if the tyrannical government begins using red lights to control traffic?!? The people can only fight back if they ALSO have control of red lights!! We, the militia, need an app to switch on and off the red lights!!!

Comment

And what about the yellow lights!!?!?!

Don't get me started on the yellow lights ...

Comment

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              I seem to use the orange ones a lot.

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Maybe red lights hadn't been invented yet at the time the Founders framed the Constitution? So maybe if they had, the argument would be similar. What if the tyrannical government begins using red lights to control traffic?!? The people can only fight back if they ALSO have control of red lights!! We, the militia, need an app to switch on and off the red lights!!!
            One of the great untold stories was how the the Colonial forces used RED LIGHTS to distract the British at the Battle of Trenton. The British thought the had found a mega brothel and became disoriented. The colonial forces then were able to catch the Hessians with the pants down.

Comment

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              When George Washington was crossing the Delaware River with his troops, there were 33 (remember this number) in Washington's boat.

It was extremely dark and storming furiously and the water was tossing them about. Finally, Washington grabbed Corporal Peters (remember this name) and stationed him at the front of the boat with a lantern. He ordered him to keep swinging it, so they could see where they were heading.

Corporal Peters, through driving rain and cold, continued swinging the lantern back and forth, back and forth. Then a big gust of wind and a wave hit and threw Corporal Peters and his lantern into the Delaware.

Washington and his troops searched for nearly an hour trying to find Corporal Peters, but to no avail. All of them felt terrible, for the Corporal had been one of their favorites.

Sometime later, Washington and his troops landed on the other side, wet and totally exhausted. He rallied the troops and told them that they must go on. Another hour later, one of his men said, 'General, I see lights ahead.'

They trudged toward the lights and came upon a huge house. What they didn't know was that this was a house of ill repute, hidden in the forest to serve all who came. General Washington pounded on the door, his men crowding around him. The door swung open, and much to his surprise stood a beautiful woman. A huge smile came across her face, to see so many men standing there.

Washington was the first to speak, 'Madam, I am General George Washington and these are my men. We are tired, wet, exhausted, and desperately need warmth and comfort.'

Again, the Madam looked at all the men standing there, and with a broad smile on her face, said, 'Well, General, you have come to the right place. We can surely give you warmth and comfort.. How many men do you have?'

Washington replied, 'Well, Madam, there are only 32 of us here without Peters.'

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

One of the great untold stories was how the the Colonial forces used RED LIGHTS to distract the British at the Battle of Trenton. The British thought the had found a mega brothel and became disoriented. The colonial forces then were able to catch the Hessians with the pants down.
            Would rather bring new meaning to "the British are coming!"
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
            X