Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iran

Curious about everyone here thinks...

I do not want a war with Iran. I don't think Trump does either. However, I'm not so sure about Bolton and Pompeo. They are hawks, but I do agree that Iran's government is crazy.

The problem here is that we have Russia, Iran, maybe China and a few others playing the game that they are the reasonable ones in the region. And they are able to get away with it, because our 'Allies' are so anti-Trump that they can't bring themselves to ever side with Trump on anything.... And the media probably wants us to go to war in order to confirm their predictions that Trump is a madman, etc.

I just don't know what to believe. Freaking mess.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Is Pompeo really a hawk? There is more history on Bolton. As our Chief diplomat, Pompeo is responsible for negotiating with bad actors (Iran qualifies). Strength has been a negotiating tool since the Barbary Coast Pirates were sent out to harass (they took US merchant ships and enslaved the capturedAmerican Sailors) Americans by Middle East rulers from Morocco, etc. Obama Sec. of State Kerry was over accommodating and appeasing to Iran when he negotiated the Iran deal. Iran is threatening the balance of power in the Middle East by supporting terror and wanting to destroy Israel and Saudi Arabia. They are presently threatening shipping (especially oil) in the Straits of Hormuz because they don’t like US sanctions. The Ayatollah doesn’t understand unless some pressure is placed on him. Now he makes threats. Should we appease again or should we stand ground. In my opinion, neither Iran or America want war.

Comment

• ShockerPrez
      ShockerPrez commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know if Pompeo is or not. Going off my impressions. Maybe he is more like Trump, evening out Bolton.

I don't disagree that Trump may be one of the few "people in the room" that doesn't want a war with Iraq. I honestly believe, like most other times, his opponents, in this case Iran, will be out-maneuvered by Trump and he'll end up with the superior position when it's all said and done. And his domestic opponents behind closed doors will be surprised he was able to do it, annoyed that he did do it, and then publicly attack him on an unrelated front when it appears he might benefit from it.

Iran probably shouldn't shoot down our drones unless they want a head start on some bridge rebuilding projects though. Just saying...….

What is the virtue of a proportional response?

Comment

The photo of the drone being downed is FAKE. It was taken from a photo of a drone being shot down over Yemen 2 years go -- and heck, it was probably fake at that time.

LMAO!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• WuDrWu
        WuDrWu commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm confused, mostly because I watched CNN for 2 minutes this morning.....so did is the photo fake, or the event fake? Or both?

I see President Trump just tweeted on the subject. Big Mistake Iran! lol

I wonder how many sleeper cells are currently operating in the U.S. ready to implement terrorist actions in response to a serious American strike on Iran as well.

It would be nice if we could just slap Iran down a bit and they go away, but they have the Soviets egging them on. And to be blunt, I don't think the Iranian government has an IQ higher than 60, so they are incapable of normal human reasoning. They are religiously idealogically driven, which counters diplomatic logic. They've taken that country backwards for 40 years.

How do you deal with that?
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

My advice to Iran would be to 'enjoy the music' and don't poke the musician...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

War is scary but we could neutralize Iran from 7,000 miles away without leaving our game consoles. It's time we face the remaining major sponsor of terror in the world on their terms (violence) and end it once and for all.

P.S. Watch how fast N. Korea's sphincter reaches 1,000 psi when the cruise missiles start flying like locusts. 2 birds with one stone.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            I wonder how many sleeper cells are currently operating in the U.S. ready to implement terrorist actions in response to a serious American strike on Iran as well.

How do you deal with that?

First off, you don't deal with 'that' by being a coward. If bombing Iran wakes up all the sleeper cells in America you kill 3 birds with one stone.

Trump has eradicated ISIS, now he needs to eradicate the father of ISIS and nearly ever other Islamic terror group since anybody remembers. Moderate Islam will love Trump as much as Israel does if this happens.

Trump could be the one that eliminates radical Islam freeing Christians and Muslims around the globe from fear. He could be the Abraham Lincoln of religion.

Bomb the ****ers.

T

Comment

• ShockerPrez
              ShockerPrez commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed that we can't let it deter us. More wondering if we would focus more agencies to internal intel on identifying these potential threats, (not that we aren't already). Because my feeling is that there are more than we probably know. Iran has a lot of fringe crazies devoted to them that we need to snuff out.

I have no doubt that a war with Iran would be more bombing the hell out of them and destroying their military assets, as opposed to invading Iran.

Militarily, we could eff them up good in a short time. Starting with all their piss ant gunboats farting around in the Persian gulf.

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              If we aren't currently aware and monitoring most of the sleeper cells in America after 9/11 and the advent of the DHS, then we deserve what's coming to us.

A good hearty bombing can take Iran's military infrastructure back to 1979. That's all we need to do. Then we'll sign a peace treaty and get back to trading with them. If the current regime gets overthrown in the midst of our Shock-and-Awe salutation, that's a double bonus.

This will quiet Russia down a bit as well. Everybody respects a confident leader who takes action.

T

isis is currently recruiting those who have stars on their drivers licenses.

Comment

Bolton wants war. Bolton will push for war. Time will tell if the adults have more pull or not.
              The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

Hezbollah and Muslim brotherhood have plenty of people in the U.S. (especially in Texas). But they are more about funneling money back through muslim "charities" to be handed over to their respective terrorist organization. Our intelligence services know who alot of them are, but they don't break the law. In fact our last adminstration cozied up to the muslim brotherhood.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Lord View Post
                  Bolton wants war. Bolton will push for war. Time will tell if the adults have more pull or not.
                  LOL. Bolton is bad cop. There will not be a war with Iran - we don't have enough troops to actually "go to war". There might be some pin-***** bombings. Tit for tat.

This is simply about that Iran is hurting from the sanctions. They are making it known they can make Europe and Asia hurt economically also because they are dependent on getting oil thru the straights of hormuz. They want them to either figure out path around the U.S. sanctions or to get the U.S. to back down. They are also playing tough for their own audience because if they do choose to negotiate they want spin it that the U.S. (Trump) were begging them to come to the table because they are so tough.

Comment

Curious about everyone here thinks...
                    Most agree that neither side wants a open conflict. The biggest risk is a "mistake" or miscalculation that somehow starts the ball rolling in the wrong direction because they get real lucky.

If there would be a conflict, it will be asymetrically. Syria, Israel, Yemen, Iraq and Saudi Arabia. But these conflicts are actually ongoing. Iranian backed militia have attempted to attack U.S. forces in Tanf and Deir Ezzor in Syria in 2018 and the U.S. hit them hard.

The question is will the U.S. respond at all with some type of symbolic attack (they can't attack the launcher that shot the drone down because it was a mobile system similiar to SA-11). Could they respond with a cyber attack? Further ramp up sanctions?

Comment

Report from Washington Post is that Trump ordered some type of strike and then called it off just hours before it was supposed to launch. It probably the right decision relative to just a drone being taken down, except as usual he had to run his mouth. Trump should take a lesson from history:

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.”
                      ― Theodore Roosevelt.
                      Iran 3, USA 0

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        Report from Washington Post is that Trump ordered some type of strike and then called it off just hours before it was supposed to launch. It probably the right decision relative to just a drone being taken down, except as usual he had to run his mouth. Trump should take a lesson from history:

Iran 3, USA 0

On Twitter, Trump seems to be ignoring the fact that he is the one that would have initially approved the strike, and then later changed his mind.

Or are we to believe that the US military gets "cocked and loaded" and leaves a "10 minute" gap prior to a scheduled strike, just to see if the president intervenes?

Comment

Working...
                        X