Anthropogenic Global Warming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post

Amazing how science deniers misread fairly simple articles on a website like msn. The article itself quotes a climate scientist which says these types of weather events "almost never occurred" until the 21st century and that these types of weather events grow "increasingly common as global temperatures rise." The article is explicitly written in the context of broader weather events.

Whereas, every single science denier thinks a single snowfall refutes the entire concept of global warming. See:

I'm a simple man, and would never claim to be a scientist... I am, however, a numbers guy, and fairly highly educated (which might make me less intelligent, ironically).

Pull out your crayons, because we are about to do some 5th grade arithmetic...

The earth is 4.5 billion years old. Man has been roaming these parts for about 400,000 years, depending on who you ask. Of those 400,000 years, recorded human history is something like 6,000 years- again, depending who you ask.

So man has existed for 0.008% of the earth's life.

Man has recorded history for 0.0001% of the earth's life.

Why shouldn't we believe that this, just, happens? We went through a couple ice ages. The Jurassic period had over 5x the CO2 levels that we have today. Why should I be convinced when the earth obviously goes through periods of extreme heat and extreme cold? I wonder if people were freaking out about the ice caps melting during the last ice age....

Just food for thought.
    Last edited by WichitaStateGuy; February 27, 2020, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• 1. If true, can mankind fix it? No, Democrats can't even count votes in Iowa and could not fix with unlimited $$$
      2. Are China and India on board with fixes?
      3. Beware of government paid scientists
      4. How much will it cost ? Let's see a number and the impact ( like anyone knows )

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post

I went ahead and checked those trends for you. It looks like it's getting cooler in a few spots but most studies are by and large finding that the continent as a whole is increasing in temperature: https://www.climate.gov/news-feature...ill-losing-ice

All that to say, that's not really the argument at hand. The initial article said extreme weather events are more likely now than they used to be, and you made it sound like that article was so stupid for thinking a single weather event proved global warming. My point is that your side of the debate is much more prone to that fallacy.
        Here’s some actual data:

I will address the rest later.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Why are we even debating this, the Corona virus is gonna kill us all and global warming will be fixed.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Extreme weather events data:

Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
              Why are we even debating this, the Corona virus is gonna kill us all and global warming will be fixed.
              Hey, I believe the earth is getting hotter and that man made CO2 contributes. I’m just fighting the BS that is ideologically driven.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Sediment analysis from a layer deep within the Earth revealed that the dirt had first formed on land, not the ocean.

I'm just gonna go with.........farting dinosaurs....

Comment

• New book coming out. Sure to be polarizing.

Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    New book coming out. Sure to be polarizing.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael...climate-scare/
                    Interesting... his apology accepted.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Hoping we get to see biden and the President debate on the topic of the "green new deal."

Comment

I wonder if our friends on the left will try to shut him up, ban his book, and not give him a podium on which to speak.

Comment

It's been retracted.
                          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

It's been retracted.
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

It's been retracted.
                              Not surprising I guess. The book is called Apocolypse Never, and is written by an environmentalist that believes the alarmists are causing more harm than good.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Should be able to see it here. Forbes retracted the story.

Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X