Anthropogenic Global Warming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    By the way I recycle like a mother****er and I don't care if it's inefficient economically. I choose to sacrifice so that my trash contribution is lighter. I have a lot of Greenie in my veins.
    It’s actually worse for the planet sometimes.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

There is no line in the sand saying yesterday’s babies are this, tomorrow’s are that.

Gen X actually as been more aligned between 1964-1966 through 1976-1978. Millennials range from 1975-1978 through 1994-1996.

In fact, there are articles that show Millenials split into two groups over the past decade. Those driving the housing boom capitalizing on low interest rates, and those still living with mom. Ok, that last part isn’t completely true. But they live interdependent on others, and don’t have the credit or down payment to buy a house.

Most generations are guided by the major happenings in their lives. Most of Gen X remembers the Vietnam War. Millenials remember 9/11. None of Generation Z has a clue about What it was like on 9/11 because they weren’t born yet.

More than anything the world they grow up in creates the culture they define as a generation. And you can trace back to specific events that creates this.
      So, your end of the millennial as being 1976 isn’t something I’ve ever seen, but it is ever changing. As a child born in 1978, I have NEVER seen an article that didn’t call me a GenXer. My wife born in 1983 only recently started seeing her birth year referred to as millennial.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

It’s actually worse for the planet sometimes.
        A case can be made that is true. But I think that will improve over time. I am an early adopter and it feels good to save all my "recyclables" and send them to this magical place where they will be reconstituted.

The feels.......

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

So, your end of the millennial as being 1976 isn’t something I’ve ever seen, but it is ever changing. As a child born in 1978, I have NEVER seen an article that didn’t call me a GenXer. My wife born in 1983 only recently started seeing her birth year referred to as millennial.
          I don’t disagree. But as generational studies have become more scientific, they are finding much different breakdowns than previously thought.

if you are truly interested in reading more (and especially if you work in Sales or Marketing), I highly recommend Jason Dorsey. Just finished his new book “Zconomy” over the weekend.

Comment

• I guess this is as good a place as any for this.

The University of Wasington actually commits and act of science:

Automobile tires, not climate change, are killing West Coast salmon

Now that real science without a climate-change agenda has been published on the salmon issue a solution will hopefully be found. But our tires may not last as long.

Comment

• A Carbon-Powered Shot

The rapid development of the Covid vaccine is a reminder that abundant and affordable energy makes modern life possible.

One of the least noted aspects of that story is the carbon footprint associated with the vaccination ecosystem. This isn’t surprising, as it’s just one illustration of an unremarkable fact: everything in modern society uses energy, and that energy gets delivered wherever and whenever needed, without fuss and at costs so low as to be an irrelevant consideration.

In this context, we may want to consider the implications of the incoming Biden administration’s pledge to remake America’s energy infrastructure. Developing, fabricating, and distributing vaccines epitomizes the nature of all manufacturing and services. Getting vaccines to everyone entails more than thousands of oil-burning jumbo jet flights to deliver what brilliant scientists invented—it also takes a sprawling ecosystem of electron-gobbling supercomputers put to work by those scientists, energy-intensive manufacturing plants, football-field-sized “freezer farms” for warehousing vaccines, and kilotons of dry ice for “cold-chain” shipping.

Some irony resides in the fact that dry ice is solidified carbon dioxide. Megawatt-hours of energy are needed to solidify all that CO2, which is then used to keep certain things (especially temperature-sensitive vaccines) chilled at minus 78o F. All dry ice ends up as CO2 gas in our atmosphere because it inevitably sublimates. There isn’t a good alternative for chilling-in-transit.
              The article continues to discuss many other aspects and impacts of the move to "Green Energy".

Comment

• Apparent Radical Leftist Attack on Gas Lines in Colorado, Leaving Thousands Without Heat

Comment

• World Leading Engine Expert: Combustion Engine Remains The Future, “Hydrogen Will Be Nada”

In a very recent interview, Germany/Austria’s top automobile engine expert Prof. Dr. Fritz Indra says hydrogen fuel cars will amount to “nada” because of the high inefficiency and costs. The same applies to e-vehicles.

Comment

• White House climate czar John Kerry traveled to Iceland by private jet in 2019 to accept an environmental award and defended his transportation choice to a reporter at the time by calling it, “the only choice for somebody like me.” Kerry flew to Iceland in October, 2019 to receive the Arctic Circle award, an iceberg sculpture, for his leadership on climate issues and being “a consistent voice pressuring the American authorities to commit to tackle environmental matters,” according to Icelandic outlet RUV. During the trip, Kerry was confronted by Icelandic reporter Jóhann Bjarni Kolbeinsson on whether his use of a private jet was an “environmental way to travel.” “If you offset your carbon, it’s the only choice for somebody like me, who is traveling the world to win this battle,” Kerry responded. The former secretary of state went on to emphasize his climate accomplishments, including negotiating the Paris accord for the U.S. and bringing Chinese President Xi to the table. “I’ve been involved in this fight for years,” Kerry said. “I believe the time it takes me to get somewhere, I can’t sail across the ocean, I have to fly to meet with people and get things done,” he continued. “But what I’m doing almost full-time is working to win the battle of climate change. And in the end, if I offset and contribute my life to do this, I’m not going to be put on the defensive.” Last week, Kerry recommended that oil and gas workers should pivot to manufacturing solar panels if their jobs are eliminated as a consequence of the Biden administration’s environmental policies. Biden signed several executive orders on climate change last week aimed at achieving the goal of reaching net-zero emissions by 2050. During his first week in office, the president reentered the Paris climate accord, from which the Trump administration withdrew the U.S. in 2017. Biden also canceled the permit on the Keystone pipeline, a project that would have created about 11,000 U.S. jobs this year, according to the Keystone XL website. Many of the workers are temporary, but 8,000 are union workers.

"the only choice for somebody like me"

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      https://www.yahoo.com/news/kerry-def...171410846.html

"the only choice for somebody like me"
                      In other words, "I am better than you. I tell you what rules to follow but I will not need to follow them."

Comment

• So the USA has about a dozen coal-fired power plants, and we are shuttin them all down. China has a couple hundred and they are building a couple hundred more. So we pay millions and millions of dollars to Paris AND pay China's membership dues as well. If you support this crap you are probably too stupid to save.........

Comment

So the USA has about a dozen coal-fired power plants, and we are shuttin them all down. China has a couple hundred and they are building a couple hundred more. So we pay millions and millions of dollars to Paris AND pay China's membership dues as well. If you support this crap you are probably too stupid to save.........
                          I get your point, but coal-fired plants have been closing for some time now, even under Trump.

Fifty coal-fired power plants have shut in the United States since President Donald Trump came to office two years ago, an environmental organization said Thursday.

Comment

So the USA has about a dozen coal-fired power plants, and we are shuttin them all down. China has a couple hundred and they are building a couple hundred more. So we pay millions and millions of dollars to Paris AND pay China's membership dues as well. If you support this crap you are probably too stupid to save.........
                            And China is probably worse than you said.

https://www.carbonbrief.org/mapped-w...l-power-plants

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.word...est-of-worlds/
                            Last edited by ShockTalk; February 20, 2021, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X