Anthropogenic Global Warming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

LoL! Do you think we should be eating more trans fats? In the name of LIBERTYYYYYY perhaps?

Americans will move away from combustion engines. It's only a matter of time. I'll likely never buy one again.
    We? You can choose to eat what you want at any time cold. Is the 'green new deal giving you wood'? Are you down for more -ahem- fundamental transformation? ; D Maybe China will cut us a good deal on solar panels.

What next, the Earth is going to collapse in 10 years and we'll all be dead, but this time it's true. Oh, wait... ; D

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Why would a 40 year old (or even mid 30 year old) be considered a millennial? I think of millennials as being mid to late 20s, maybe early 30s.
      There is no consensus on this and it gets changed regularly. Gen X was defined as the children of baby boomers, the first generation that would not do as well as their parents. They were born between 65 and 85. If your parents were boomers, then you are Gen X (my opinion).
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Just another example of the left explaining to us what is best for us like the know anything. It is all motivated by the almighty dollar and who is greasing their pockets. They could give one rip about any of it other than they think they know what is best and that we are all stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Millennials are in their 30s and 40s and driving the current housing boom.
          Thanks for taking care of my light work.

Generation Z'rs are the little bitches that need an adjustment. The Millennials are getting old now. Some are still in momma's basement though no doubt.

Studying the evolution of generations is very interesting. The environmentalist flavor that is becoming more and more prevalent is not by accident. It is a societal reaction to an increasingly dirty planet.

I mean, you can see ocean pollution from space. Take a gander at the 300 mile Great Pacific Garbage Patch. It's absolutely disgusting and the cost marine life bear because of our waste is enormous.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

We? You can choose to eat what you want at any time cold. Is the 'green new deal giving you wood'? Are you down for more -ahem- fundamental transformation? ; D Maybe China will cut us a good deal on solar panels.

What next, the Earth is going to collapse in 10 years and we'll all be dead, but this time it's true. Oh, wait... ; D
            Step being a retard. If it weren't for the FDA you'd be able to subsist on the tumors growing out the side of your neck for years. There must be some form of government regulation as the citizenry is not inherently altruistic.

And trans fats in any quantity beyond the tiny amount that naturally occur, are poison for your cardiovascular system. They should be banned.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Cold, the right-wing conservative, strikes again.
              I'm not a right-wing Conservative. Have you not been listening? I cannot be analyzed, profiled, and packaged up with some group. I am a true original. I am not tethered to any source of indoctrination and I am immune to peer pressure. Because of my strong belief in personal accountability, I align with more of the Republican dogma than I do with the Dims, but I have no membership and I don't want membership. I reside in the most valuable class of voters - the Independents; aka, The Free Thinkers.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                Just another example of the left explaining to us what is best for us like the know anything. It is all motivated by the almighty dollar and who is greasing their pockets. They could give one rip about any of it other than they think they know what is best and that we are all stupid.
                The far left and the far right are very stupid. And they're intellectually lazy, selfish, and completely missing the entire point of civilization.

Comment

Generation Z'rs are the little bitches that need an adjustment. The Millennials are getting old now. Some are still in momma's basement though no doubt.

Studying the evolution of generations is very interesting. The environmentalist flavor that is becoming more and more prevalent is not by accident. It is a societal reaction to an increasingly dirty planet.

I mean, you can see ocean pollution from space. Take a gander at the 300 mile Great Pacific Garbage Patch. It's absolutely disgusting and the cost marine life bear because of our waste is enormous.

To me, this is not a climate change issue. I don't think there is anyone who disagrees that this is bad and we should do something about it. However, I don't see where the pollution in the ocean is going to cause the world to fry.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

To me, this is not a climate change issue. I don't think there is anyone who disagrees that this is bad and we should do something about it. However, I don't see where the pollution in the ocean is going to cause the world to fry.
                    Nobody does, so we stick to what we know. If we disrupt the ecology of this planet in an extreme fashion, we will pay the price in the end... that is a guarantee. We need the ocean as bad as it needs us.

And yes, there are many who disagree with environmentalism on the right... pretty much the entire lot of them. Rush Limbaugh spent half the year making fun of plastic straw pollution. There is a very large contingent of Republicans who believe that this world is ours to burn. I believe it has Judeo-Christian origins based in the book of Revelations. They think God will burn the planet with fire and actually look forward to that day. So anything that could hasten the "end of the world" is the equivalent of being one step closer to Heaven.

I won't even get into the false logic of thinking one could hasten a god's hand; or the insanity of thinking "what I'm doing is already predestined so my actions are known before I do them and accounted for". But authority to waste the planet goes also for wasting animal life. "God made the planet AND the wildlife to serve us, I sure as tootin' ain't bowin' down to no CRITTER!" *spits tobacco*

This is where a line should be drawn for religious freedom. You can worship freely in America AS LONG as your worship doesn't infringe on the rights of others. In this case the "others" being those that "worship" nature, the world, forests and fauna, etc.

Therefore: Christians should be for the rights of those who would seek to "save the planet", just like tree-huggers should tolerate the rights of Christians to knock on their door and try to save them from Hell. Equal treatment.

But no, you don't "save the planet" by shooting from the hip with trillions of dollars aimed at windmills and cows because some autistic child cried on national television. You compromise; be smart. "Everybody wants clear air and water". Start from there. Even Trump said that.

So let's be careful where we drill. Let's clean up the rivers and streams. Let's continue to convert from fossil fuels into clean energy. Let's protect the parks!

Comment

I mean, you can see ocean pollution from space.
                      Fake.

But it is disgusting none the less.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

You mean that’s what the great green state of California is doing to their garbage?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You mean that’s what the great green state of California is doing to their garbage?
                          I believe China is the greatest contributor.

Comment

• By the way I recycle like a mother****er and I don't care if it's inefficient economically. I choose to sacrifice so that my trash contribution is lighter. I have a lot of Greenie in my veins.

Comment

I'm not a right-wing Conservative. Have you not been listening? I cannot be analyzed, profiled, and packaged up with some group. I am a true original. I am not tethered to any source of indoctrination and I am immune to peer pressure. Because of my strong belief in personal accountability, I align with more of the Republican dogma than I do with the Dims, but I have no membership and I don't want membership. I reside in the most valuable class of voters - the Independents; aka, The Free Thinkers.

"I am a true original."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

There is no line in the sand saying yesterday’s babies are this, tomorrow’s are that.

Gen X actually as been more aligned between 1964-1966 through 1976-1978. Millennials range from 1975-1978 through 1994-1996.

In fact, there are articles that show Millenials split into two groups over the past decade. Those driving the housing boom capitalizing on low interest rates, and those still living with mom. Ok, that last part isn’t completely true. But they live interdependent on others, and don’t have the credit or down payment to buy a house.

Most generations are guided by the major happenings in their lives. Most of Gen X remembers the Vietnam War. Millenials remember 9/11. None of Generation Z has a clue about What it was like on 9/11 because they weren’t born yet.

More than anything the world they grow up in creates the culture they define as a generation. And you can trace back to specific events that creates this.

Comment

Working...
                                X