Anthropogenic Global Warming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and now we find they lied about the polar bear

The greatest scientific fraud in history is slowly but surely unraveling, and the breadth of the corruption revealed is stunning. As any good con man knows, and emotional appeal is necessary, and the warmists found their cuddly-looking icon of endangerment in the polar bear, an animal frequently chosen as stuffed toys for children to hug. Pictures of polar bears on ice floes, presumably doomed to death by drowning as the Arctic ice disappeared, were used to tug on the heartstrings of adults and children alike, in order to scare them into willingly handing over power over their economic destiny to global mandarins who would reduce their standard of living.

But it was necessary to come up with “scientific” estimates of polar bear populations that showed them in danger. With all the billions of dollars available for global warming-related research, and the level of peer pressure that money generates, it wasn’t that difficult.

Comment

• Sweet, they are thriving! A new source of meat for us!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Sweet, they are thriving! A new source of meat for us!
        The other, other white meat?
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          and now we find they lied about the polar bear

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...estimates.html
          Now there's a polarizing topic

Comment

• Cool Summer: Jet Stream Dip Sends Temps Plunging and Beats Records

A big summer cooldown sent parts of the South to their coldest temperatures on record for July and gave the Northeast such a taste of fall that it was only a few degrees above freezing in some places.

Comment

• It's interesting that one of the first climatic changes from global warming is an Ice Age. Melt enough ice from the Greenland ice cap (doesn't matter if it's climate change or geothermal activity) and the ocean currents that run north from the tropics stop flowing. That causes dramatic cooling in the northern hemisphere, which causes a buildup of ice, which reflects sunlight, which results in further cooling.

All the warm water that used to flow north from the tropics stays in the tropics and it gets nasty hot there.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                It's interesting that one of the first climatic changes from global warming is an Ice Age. Melt enough ice from the Greenland ice cap (doesn't matter if it's climate change or geothermal activity) and the ocean currents that run north from the tropics stop flowing. That causes dramatic cooling in the northern hemisphere, which causes a buildup of ice, which reflects sunlight, which results in further cooling.

All the warm water that used to flow north from the tropics stays in the tropics and it gets nasty hot there.
                Lol, the the plot of the "day after"

Comment

• Does anyone recall back in the 90s when CFCs were causing a hole in the O-Zone, and that was causing global warming? Thank goodness we got that fixed! Also, how come no one is claiming that Obama's recent climate policies are working?

It's kind of funny reading this thread. I did an undergrad paper on the effects of CO2 on global heating. My model demonstrated a negligible effect on temperature unless CO2 was increased logrhythmically. The truth is that the precision at which these predictive models attempt to reach are grossly short of data. My big issue with the climate change issue is that politicians are using poorly executed science to create policy.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    Does anyone recall back in the 90s when CFCs were causing a hole in the O-Zone, and that was causing global warming? Thank goodness we got that fixed! Also, how come no one is claiming that Obama's recent climate policies are working?

It's kind of funny reading this thread. I did an undergrad paper on the effects of CO2 on global heating. My model demonstrated a negligible effect on temperature unless CO2 was increased logrhythmically. The truth is that the precision at which these predictive models attempt to reach are grossly short of data. My big issue with the climate change issue is that politicians are using poorly executed science to create policy.
                    You got a PDF you can send me?
                    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                      You got a PDF you can send me?
                      Of my paper? No...it is long gone, not that it would be worth reading.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        Of my paper? No...it is long gone, not that it would be worth reading.
                        As an atmospheric science major I would have loved to read it! Bummer.
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Capture.jpg

Comment

• Are we supposed to be concerned that it's getting bigger or smaller?
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• This proves everything I have been saying for the last 35 years .... anthropogenic global freezing is REAL. If we don't stop using hairspray the ozone layer will be completely depleted by 2020 and the earth will essentially become a giant comet. We need carbon taxes AND chlorine and flourine (CFCs) taxes NOW! We need taxes, more Democrats, and most importantly to fund my research. If you deny this research your next grandchild, son, or daughter could be born without skin.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Contiguous U.S. Is in Coldest Year Since 1997

The contiguous U.S. is having its coldest year through November since 1997, a finding that comes amid a year that globally could be the warmest ever.

The contiguous United States is having its coldest year through November since 1997, a finding that comes amid a year that globally could be the warmest ever, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said Monday in its monthly State of the Climate report. The period of January to November 2014 averaged 54 degrees Fahrenheit, 0.2 degrees above the 20th-century average, but still the coldest since 1997, NOAA said. The western U.S. was warmer than average, while the East was cooler. In California, the statewide average was 4.1 degrees Fahrenheit above average.

Other highlights from the report: Despite drought in California and the Southwest, overall precipitation averaged 28.22 inches, up 0.63 inches from the average for January to November; Alabama and Mississippi had their second coldest November ever; and November snow coverage of the contiguous U.S. was the largest in the 49-year satellite record. But that doesn't mean an end to global warming: Last month, NOAA scientists said that data show 2014 heading toward the warmest year on record for the planet as a whole (remember, the U.S. covers only about 2 percent of the earth's surface). And 2014 so far has been at about the median for the 120 years on record, NOAA said.

Comment

Working...
                                X