Gender roles in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Id like to hear from the scientists on this.
    Did they win a Men's Decathlon Olympic Gold Medal?

Comment

Yeah, but high and mighty liberals know what is better for society than society itself.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

I listen to Scott Adam’s podcast from time to time. Today he stated that rather than having gendered sports, teams should be coed with multiple levels for each team. This would be similar to youth soccer where you have division 1-4 in each age group. Kids of any age can play up, for instance we have an 10 year old on our under 13 team. He is excellent, however the lack of puberty is now showing.

Some boys teams have multiple girls on them, and they can play. This seems as if this could be a legit solution up to maybe the age of 15. Certainly not without its own set of problems, but a potential solution.

Also, kids under 18 shouldn’t be deciding their gender.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
          I listen to Scott Adam’s podcast from time to time. Today he stated that rather than having gendered sports, teams should be coed with multiple levels for each team. This would be similar to youth soccer where you have division 1-4 in each age group. Kids of any age can play up, for instance we have an 10 year old on our under 13 team. He is excellent, however the lack of puberty is now showing.

Some boys teams have multiple girls on them, and they can play. This seems as if this could be a legit solution up to maybe the age of 15. Certainly not without its own set of problems, but a potential solution.

Also, kids under 18 shouldn’t be deciding their gender.
          Generally, most "boys" divisions in most competitive sports ARE gender-neutral. If a girl is good enough to play on the boys side, she is usually allowed to in almost every sport (I have no idea about baseball; but for soccer, basketball, even football that's true. Heck I even think that's true in wrestling now-a-days.). Exclusivity only enters for the girls divisions -- and for darn good reason.

Comment

I long for the day when the WNBA is filled with beautiful trans women. As well as the USWN soccer team. I hope that those leagues will someday be less transphobic and allow them in the league. The fact that there are none is bigoted.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              I long for the day when the WNBA is filled with beautiful trans women. As well as the USWN soccer team. I hope that those leagues will someday be less transphobic and allow them in the league. The fact that there are none is bigoted.
              After tonight, the WNBA has a new applicant named Lebronia James.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...cy/7496950002/

“It’s not my intention to hurt anyone, but there are certain truths that we must face when ready,” Cross said. "I love all of my students, but I will never lie to them, regardless of the consequences. I'm a teacher, but I serve God first, and I will not affirm that a biological boy can be a girl and vice versa because it's against my religion, it's lying to my child, it's abuse to a child and it's sinning against our God."

Two days after the board meeting, Cross was sent a letter that he was being placed on paid administrative leave for "allegations that you engaged in conduct that has had a disruptive impact on the operations of Leesburg Elementary School." The letter, signed by interim Assistant Superintendent Lucia Sebastian, was released by Cross' attorney, Tyson Langhofer.

In a May 28 letter to Sebastian, Langhofer demanded that Cross' suspension be rescinded, that he be reinstated, that his suspension be removed from his file and that Cross would be protected from any retaliation.

"Public schools have no business compelling teachers to express ideological beliefs that they don’t hold, but it’s beyond the pale to suspend someone simply for respectfully providing their opinion at a public meeting, which is what such meetings are designed for," part of the letter to Sebastian read.

"This isn’t just about a pronoun; this is about endorsing an ideology. The school favors certain beliefs, and it wants to force Tanner to cry uncle and endorse them as well. That’s neither legal nor constitutional, and neither was the school’s move to place Tanner on leave," Langhofer said in a statement.

Cross did not immediately respond to USA TODAY requests for comment. A Loudoun County Public School spokesperson confirmed to USA TODAY that Cross is still on leave.

"State and federal law regarding the confidentiality of personnel records limits what we can say regarding this matter. I can say that Mr. Cross is on administrative leave with pay," the spokesperson said.

The district has been subject to scrutiny by community members who say it is pushing racial and LGBTQ ideas into the classrooms, which has resulted in an effort to recall six board members, according to Fox 5 Washington D.C.

Last edited by Shockm; June 10, 2021, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...cy/7496950002/

“It’s not my intention to hurt anyone, but there are certain truths that we must face when ready,” Cross said. "I love all of my students, but I will never lie to them, regardless of the consequences. I'm a teacher, but I serve God first, and I will not affirm that a biological boy can be a girl and vice versa because it's against my religion, it's lying to my child, it's abuse to a child and it's sinning against our God."

Two days after the board meeting, Cross was sent a letter that he was being placed on paid administrative leave for "allegations that you engaged in conduct that has had a disruptive impact on the operations of Leesburg Elementary School." The letter, signed by interim Assistant Superintendent Lucia Sebastian, was released by Cross' attorney, Tyson Langhofer.

In a May 28 letter to Sebastian, Langhofer demanded that Cross' suspension be rescinded, that he be reinstated, that his suspension be removed from his file and that Cross would be protected from any retaliation.

"Public schools have no business compelling teachers to express ideological beliefs that they don’t hold, but it’s beyond the pale to suspend someone simply for respectfully providing their opinion at a public meeting, which is what such meetings are designed for," part of the letter to Sebastian read.

"This isn’t just about a pronoun; this is about endorsing an ideology. The school favors certain beliefs, and it wants to force Tanner to cry uncle and endorse them as well. That’s neither legal nor constitutional, and neither was the school’s move to place Tanner on leave," Langhofer said in a statement.

Cross did not immediately respond to USA TODAY requests for comment. A Loudoun County Public School spokesperson confirmed to USA TODAY that Cross is still on leave.

"State and federal law regarding the confidentiality of personnel records limits what we can say regarding this matter. I can say that Mr. Cross is on administrative leave with pay," the spokesperson said.

The district has been subject to scrutiny by community members who say it is pushing racial and LGBTQ ideas into the classrooms, which has resulted in an effort to recall six board members, according to Fox 5 Washington D.C.

It’s laughable that anyone would believe these liars that push transgenderism.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Since the article above, Cross has said that one of the reasons that he spoke out is that "people who have undergone trans changes as children or youth, have spoken out later, with regret that they tried to change their genders, and were not pleased with the council they received from adults when going through these difficult times. Cross said that he didn't want to be a part of a system who lies to confused children telling them that gender change will make them happy."

Comment

Remember when it was 'what they do in private is no one's business and just leave them.alone'?

i know that the gay/lesbian rights etc has kind of taken a back seat, and most of just the LGB movement has been hijacked by the trans movement.

To me, it shouldn't even really be lumped together because gay and lesbian is not a gender issue. Its simply a sexual preference. But the trans thing needs a vehicle to attach to, so that they can claim some sort of victim status.

What I find somewhat humorous is the fact that women basically get denegrated when males are now able to claim roles that used to be honored and valued in society. Child-birth, motherhood, etc.

I think I read somewhere that when Rome fell, one of the traits that existed in the latter years was a blurrimg of gender roles and an increasing desire for androgeny. Maybe it was Greece. Dunno.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Lots of gay dudes out there are right leaning. Not so much on the lesbian or feminist front. However, there is a major rift between feminists on whether or not a trans woman is a woman.

Interestingly, winning the battle that gender is a social construct, opened the door to trans woman are woman.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

To me, anyone pushing this or even letting this happen to a child is neglect and child abuse. A child simply cannot form a rational enough thought process to make this decision and this isn't even factoring in the peer pressures and emotional maturity lacking in children. God help us.

Comment

I am filled with joy at the NZ weightlifter getting a shot at her dream of olympic gold. It fills my heart with happiness.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              I am filled with joy at the NZ weightlifter getting a shot at her dream of olympic gold. It fills my heart with happiness.
                              unity.jpg

Comment

Didn't the mysoginist-in-chief kick off his presidential career pushing this movement? Will liberal women and liberal parents of female athletes conveniently forget that fact, or will they be honest with themselves?

Comment

Working...
                                X