Marvel plans on future movies being more inclusive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel plans on future movies being more inclusive

Marvel's been praised for its diversity in the past - but some say there's still work to be done.

It's been a great 10-year run of 22 Marvel movies of which most were thoroughly enjoyable. Now, to stay in sync with an American culture that is spiraling out of politically correct control, Disney will be mass-infusing their films with agenda-driven themes and heroes. I was able to contain my vomit in Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Avengers Endgame when the story abruptly switched to a "message from our Libtard sponsors", but that was apparently only a prelude. So let me just say thank you to the great characters that made this Marvel movie foray the most profitable in history: Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, etc. and goodbye to the Libtard perversion of the future. If Marvel wants to turn a great franchise into a political ad campaign, more power to 'em! But they won't be doing it on my dime.

CB Out!

T

...:cool:

I haven’t seen End Game yet, but Black Panther did it right and Captain Marvel did it wrong, but it was forgivable. I have no issues with social justice issues being presented in art as long as they make sense. Too often they are unforgivable ploys that ruin the art/entertainment.

Gillette did it in a way that was unforgivable. 30 minutes of The Last Jedi were unforgivable. Make your artistic statement in a way that makes sense.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Black Panther did it right? How so? I forgot what happened in The Last Jedi. Maybe I wasn't triggered sufficiently.

I thought Black Panther was a well made movie but bordered on a National Geographic fantasy. I go to a Marvel movie to see asses kicked in supernatural ways. The part where they overtly told "whitey" to shut up was cute and not a contrived racial retaliation at all. Why does that have to go in there and fan the flames of racists all across the globe? Why can it not just be a solid action film with black actors who are proud to be an advanced black civilization? Why does it have to be an advanced black civilization retaliating against "whitey" when they supposedly hadn't ever faced racism in their lives? I think a hidden black civilization having never experienced racism would be warm and welcoming. Instead, they seemed to go back and forth from savages to sophisticants. A bit of a paradox don't you think?

One thing, however, that we can and definitely should start doing is what M’Baku and his Que DogJabari tribe did when encountering a problematic white dude who was speaking when there was no ask or need or purpose for the thoughts and opinions of problematic white dudes.

Bark.

Not a purposeless bark. This isn’t a shih tzu barking through the window at a squirrel. Instead, this would be an intentional bark. A targeted bark. An overpowering bark. A drowning bark. A Wakandan bark. A bark meant to communicate, “Um, who told you that you can speak? When it is time for your words, we will let you know. And maybe that time will never come. We’ll see. Now, just shut up and stand there. Maybe get on your phone and Google ‘How not to be a colonizer.’ Whatever you do, I want to hear you not speaking.”
      Seems to me that scene in the movie was very "instructive" on the path forward in U.S. race relations. I just need to shut up when I'm around black people and maybe also Google "How to not be a colonizer".... LULWUT? ***Insert Racial Retort Here***

P.S. I also loved the viral social media movement calling for white people to stay out of the theaters on opening night... SMFH.

P.P.S. I loved Black Panther in Captain America: Civil War. That's how you diversify a superhero team without showing your cards and looking like an arsehole virtue-signalling SJW.

T

Comment

I watch crime dramas. Nowadays it seems like every law enforcement agency suddenly has Muslim crimefighters. The new normal, I guess

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          Need to see some Christian white terrorists then, just for good measure.

T

Working...
      X