Prison Reform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prison Reform

I don't think I like it. Who's gonna convince me that releasing a bunch of dudes who've been going to "college" for decades is going to somehow end up a good thing for the public at large? Save the plea bargain spin where people say that all these poor criminals never had their day in court due to settling with a prosecutor. What nobody ever goes on to explain is that the offender ofttimes gets a much more lenient sentence than had they gone to trial and lost.

This initiative can only be good for the lawyers.

Since Gov. Brown took office, a series of criminal justice “reforms” ranging from Assembly Bill 109 to Proposition 47 to Proposition 57 have chipped away at state laws that used to protect the public. We have now reached a point where sex offenders are considered “non-violent” and will likely be considered for early release from their lengthy criminal sentences. How did California, which once passed one of the nation’s toughest laws in Three Strikes, end up here?

We are already seeing the results of these disastrous policies as both violent and property crimes are up around the state for the second year in a row. In fact, violent crime is up nearly 15 percent between 2014 and 2016 and property crime is up 6 percent in the same time frame. This new trend comes after decades of declining criminal activity.

T

...:cool:

I’m interested in some prison reform, but not just any.
    Livin the dream

Comment

i’m interested in prison reform but only to let people arrested for a little weed out. and those convicted that we now know are innocent that were convicted before dna evidence by some zealous prosecutor that cares about his/her “win % as opposed to what is right.

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/innocen...reed-death-row

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
        i’m interested in prison reform but only to let people arrested for a little weed out. and those convicted that we now know are innocent that were convicted before dna evidence by some zealous prosecutor that cares about his/her “win % as opposed to what is right.

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/innocen...reed-death-row
        I'm not even for legalizing marijuana, that's the kind of bastard I am. Call me kooky but a nation of dopeheads facing off against China makes the outcome an easy bet.

T

Comment

• abdullah_sharif
          abdullah_sharif commented
          Editing a comment
          weed vs opium.... could be fun!

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          If you're thinking what I'm thinking... start exporting drugs to China?

T

Working...
      X